Healthcare Projected To Cost Near $50 Trillion Over Next Ten Years

QUESTION--------> Why would ANYBODY who has employer supplied healthcare go along with is?
Because even for people who have employer sponsored health insurance, their costs are getting higher and higher. Premiums, co-pays, and deductibles are getting out of reach.

......and the fact that employer "sponsored" insurance ties you to a job. Many can't afford to change jobs.
Exactly.

That is one of the big advantages of single payer: Portability.

Man, I have posted dozens and dozens of times about how we need to be able to buy our health insurance the same way we buy our car, home and life insurance instead of being hostage to whatever our employer offers us.

But both parties want you to be a hostage.

Pseudocons scoff at the projected cost of "Medicare For All" being $35 trillion over the next ten years.

However, under our current system, healthcare in America will rack up an astounding $47 trillion over the next ten years!

https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statis...ealthExpendData/Downloads/ForecastSummary.pdf

Health spending is projected to grow 0.8 percentage point faster than Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per year over the 2018-27 period; as a result, the health share of GDP is expected to rise from 17.9 percent in 2017 to 19.4 percent by 2027.

<snip>

National health spending is projected to have grown 4.4 percent in 2018, up from 3.9 percent growth in 2017, and to have reached $3.6 trillion.

<snip>

National health expenditures are projected to grow 4.8 percent in 2019, up from 4.4 percent growth in 2018, and to reach $3.8 trillion.

<snip>

For 2020-27, national health spending growth is projected to average 5.7 percent, from 4.8 percent in 2019, and reach nearly $6.0 trillion by 2027. With nominal GDP growth expected to average 4.6 percent during this period, the health share of GDP is expected to increase to 19.4 percent by 2027, from 17.8 percent in 2019.

Notice the incredibly optimistic projection that GDP will grow an average of 4.6 percent. :lol:
Conservatives couldn’t care less about Americans not having access to affordable healthcare, or its costs.

From my last link:

However, the National Federation of Independent Business said more than half of small businesses cite costs associated with health benefits as their No. 1 problem.

Employers are increasingly turning to high-deductible health plans as a way to control healthcare costs. That means more out-of-pocket costs for employees and providers relying more on patients to pay for care.

Why would ANYBODY who has employer supplied healthcare go along with is?

Once the corporations of America do the health insurance math, then we are going to see Citizens United whiplash around and smack the GOP right in the kisser.

Single payer is inevitable.

QUESTION--------> Why would ANYBODY who has employer supplied healthcare go along with is?
Because even for people who have employer sponsored health insurance, their costs are getting higher and higher. Premiums, co-pays, and deductibles are getting out of reach.

Well, I can only tell you what IC, and it is opinion based in fact, but you can disagree---------->

1. Are big screen TVs cheaper then they were from back when? Computers? Printers? Washing machines? Dryers? Lawn mowers?

2. Lets name some things that the price and % of our pay has risen. AUTOS! Healthcare. Higher education. Cost of government.

What does all of number 2 have in common?

They have the government involved massively, or is the government itself! You can NOT have the price come down without competition, or if the government pays the bill for you, period. You have to pay, or be in control of the outlay yourself, to have any influence on the cost of the product. Also--------->if there is no competition, why would prices drop? I know if knew if I gave you a sponge, and the government was going to give me 5 bucks for it, I would be like, HELL YEAH! But, if YOU were in charge, I bet that if someone said--------->we will give you 3.85 cents towards the price of your sponge, and anything LESS you pay, you can keep 50% of it, I bet you would work to get that price down as low as possible.

I don't understand the logic of Americans who have used the free market to get everything cheaper as time goes on, and yet wants the government to take over, so they can get fleeced. Makes absolutely no sense to me, but hey, to each their own.

......and the fact that employer "sponsored" insurance ties you to a job. Many can't afford to change jobs.

Well then, maybe the government should MANDATE that employers over a certain size, have to supply health insurance to a minimum standard. That would mean that the employers would FORCE the cost down themselves.

Well then, maybe the government should MANDATE that employers over a certain size, have to supply health insurance to a minimum standard. That would mean that the employers would FORCE the cost down themselves.
That's exactly what Obamacare does. It's called the "employer mandate".

But the employer mandate does not and will not force costs down.

How well I remember the tards posting on this forum for over a year that the employer mandate would cause 93 million Americans to lose their employer sponsored health insurance. :lol:

You're a bright one aren't you? Were your comprehension abilities stronger you might have understood the post. The rate of increase was drastically higher from 2013 on.
Oh? What are the numbers?

LOL, are you trying to say they didn't? I suppose you still think it increased competition too
I’ll wait for the numbers . Go ahead.

HHS shows they"ve doubled son. As for link, Cant do it on my phone. Google healthcare premium
Increase since 2013.

no link, didn't happen.

We both know that you know I never make shit up. You LIKE when I bitch slap you?

Oh? What are the numbers?

LOL, are you trying to say they didn't? I suppose you still think it increased competition too

HHS shows they"ve doubled son. As for link, Cant do it on my phone. Google healthcare premium
Increase since 2013.

no link, didn't happen.

We both know that you know I never make shit up. You LIKE when I bitch slap you?

make shit up is all you ever do, that is why you never provide a link or back up a fucking thing you post.

Increase since 2013.

no link, didn't happen.

make shit up is all you ever do, that is why you never provide a link or back up a fucking thing you post.

I bitch slap you every time you engage, we both know it. You're my bitch Gator. You want to try and make the point that premiums did NOT spike because of the ACA?

Increase since 2013.

no link, didn't happen.

I bitch slap you every time you engage, we both know it. You're my bitch Gator. You want to try and make the point that premiums did NOT spike because of the ACA?

:itsok:

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?

If you take insurance companies out of the equation, you reduce the healthcare costs by 20% automatically. That's the percentage insurance takes off the top. Move to single payer, and the largest department in the hospital won't be the billing department, since there won't be thousands of private companies to bill, all with difference co-pays, and paperwork. Doctors won't have to hire third party billing and collection companies. Americans spend more than 30% of their health care dollars on administration. Single payer countries pay less than 10% on administration.

That's exactly what Obamacare does. It's called the "employer mandate".

But the employer mandate does not and will not force costs down.

How well I remember the tards posting on this forum for over a year that the employer mandate would cause 93 million Americans to lose their employer sponsored health insurance. :lol:
It's fascinating that more insured didn't decrease healthcare costs. This is one reason I believe markets just do not work with healthcare.

Increase since 2013.

no link, didn't happen.

:itsok:

You poor little boi. You want to make the case that Premiums did not spike after the ACA?

How would Medicare for all save $1 without government rationing healthcare? Any savings from private insurance profits would go up in smoke due to government incompetence, bloat, and lack of accountability. Do you have any clue the ungodly amount of existing Medicare/Medicaid FRAUD that government already can't manage?

How would Medicare for all save $1 without government rationing healthcare? Any savings from private insurance profits would go up in smoke due to government incompetence, bloat, and lack of accountability. Do you have any clue the ungodly amount of existing Medicare/Medicaid FRAUD that government already can't manage?

Although we hear plenty about fraud and abuse in Medicare - which is a legitimate area of concern - the program is dramatically more efficient than private insurance. Medicare spent just 1.4 percent of every dollar on administrative overhead, even including money spent to fight fraud and abuse, compared with 25 percent overhead in private plans, according to Richard Kaplan, a professor at the University of Illinois College of Law who specializes in elder law matters.

This makes private insurance a bigger fraud.

Pseudocons scoff at the projected cost of "Medicare For All" being $35 trillion over the next ten years.

However, under our current system, healthcare in America will rack up an astounding $47 trillion over the next ten years!

https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statis...ealthExpendData/Downloads/ForecastSummary.pdf

Health spending is projected to grow 0.8 percentage point faster than Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per year over the 2018-27 period; as a result, the health share of GDP is expected to rise from 17.9 percent in 2017 to 19.4 percent by 2027.

<snip>

National health spending is projected to have grown 4.4 percent in 2018, up from 3.9 percent growth in 2017, and to have reached $3.6 trillion.

<snip>

National health expenditures are projected to grow 4.8 percent in 2019, up from 4.4 percent growth in 2018, and to reach $3.8 trillion.

<snip>

For 2020-27, national health spending growth is projected to average 5.7 percent, from 4.8 percent in 2019, and reach nearly $6.0 trillion by 2027. With nominal GDP growth expected to average 4.6 percent during this period, the health share of GDP is expected to increase to 19.4 percent by 2027, from 17.8 percent in 2019.

Notice the incredibly optimistic projection that GDP will grow an average of 4.6 percent. :lol:

How about we quite giving free health care to illegal aliens, for starters.

Yep, the VA is a fucking joke... as is Medicare
The VA isn’t a joke, my sister n law works for the one in Minneapolis and it is one of the best hospitals I’ve ever been in. They are rockstars out there. But in other areas there are major problems.

Both the VA and Medicare score higher in customer satisfaction than private insurance.
I guess they can't ask the guys who died waiting for the VA to treat them.

No, but you can ask some veterans. I've always received excellent care at VAs.
How do I ask the ones who died waiting to be treated?

Well, they didn't get treated, so they're not technically "customers". So who cares about THEIR satisfaction level?

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?

If you take insurance companies out of the equation, you reduce the healthcare costs by 20% automatically. That's the percentage insurance takes off the top. Move to single payer, and the largest department in the hospital won't be the billing department, since there won't be thousands of private companies to bill, all with difference co-pays, and paperwork. Doctors won't have to hire third party billing and collection companies. Americans spend more than 30% of their health care dollars on administration. Single payer countries pay less than 10% on administration.

Wanna know how I know you're an ass?

"If you take insurance companies out of the equation, you reduce the healthcare costs by 20% automatically. That's the percentage insurance takes off the top. "

What do they pay for with that 20 cents on the dollar?

Forum List

Back