Healthy eating for kids

Shouldn't the school at least teach the children at length what food is good and bad for them? I mean the school teaching. Like teaching is what schools are invented for.

Sure, I'd have NO problem with the schools teaching about healthy lifestyle choices in the classroom. But not to take away a students lunch that was brought from home because it didn't meet with the schools expectations. If the parent packed the lunch, then that is the parents responsibility. IF, IF, IF the school were to ever step in.......would be if the parent consistently packed candy, chips & soda or crap like that with absolutely NO nutritional value. But even then start with a call or note to the parent of their concerns.

No because the OP says this thread is not about throwing away the lunch. More importantly, both the school and the parent is programmed to junk you to crap, as long as they are all insured to do it.
fuck off. How about this...worthless welfare recipients can have all the food stamps they want...as long as they piss clean and work.

No, because if they already have a 300 pound pot belly, then they have already eaten enough, don't you think?

I'm not for food stamps, but usually fat people eat less than people in great shape (assuming the people in great shape are working out). When I played college hockey I ate like an animal, but I ate all healthy foods and worked out everyday. People on food stamps probably have to buyer cheaper food, which is oftentimes loaded with trans-fats and sugar/salt.

This IS true. Obesity is mostly restricted to the middle class of America, exactly for this reason. If you can afford only cheap food, then you poison yourself with those chemicals. It is amazing that technology replaced food prices with obesity. How do you fight that? I think impossible. Final degeneration?

This is why my kids are never stepping foot in a public school again. Schools are viewed by progressive nutbars as a laboratory full of caged mice that they can fuck with (often literally) at will.

Well, it is a fact that Jews tend to be less fat than average. Is that because the Jew exclusive schools don't allow in the poisons of the public education system?

We sponsor bad food, because we insure for their consequences. Shouldn't a person lose his health insurance if eating unhealthy? I mean you can lose your car insurance if driving badly. Why shouldn't you lose your health insurance if eating badly? Especially when feeding your child badly?[/QUOTE)

FUCK OFF YA FREAK.
You get to control what you eat. Not what everybody else eats. I hate commies.

We commies should control you by taking away your food stamps until you learn how not to buy sugar and booze on it.
thats right, commies control populations by controlling the foid supply and starving children. That has always been the goal, and that is why fuck you. Ill send a case if hohos to school every day with my kids, and tell them to distrubute them.

Obviously not well enough, because you are still fat. :)
yeah I don't do anything commies tell me to do.

I'm literally sending lil debbies by the cartful to school with my kids every day this week. I will tell them to tell each child that gets a goodie that imthey are protesting federal control of diet via shitty commie education and shitty commie lunch programs a la moichelke.

Sure, I'd have NO problem with the schools teaching about healthy lifestyle choices in the classroom. But not to take away a students lunch that was brought from home because it didn't meet with the schools expectations. If the parent packed the lunch, then that is the parents responsibility. IF, IF, IF the school were to ever step in.......would be if the parent consistently packed candy, chips & soda or crap like that with absolutely NO nutritional value. But even then start with a call or note to the parent of their concerns.

No because the OP says this thread is not about throwing away the lunch. More importantly, both the school and the parent is programmed to junk you to crap, as long as they are all insured to do it.
fuck off. How about this...worthless welfare recipients can have all the food stamps they want...as long as they piss clean and work.

No, because if they already have a 300 pound pot belly, then they have already eaten enough, don't you think?

I'm not for food stamps, but usually fat people eat less than people in great shape (assuming the people in great shape are working out). When I played college hockey I ate like an animal, but I ate all healthy foods and worked out everyday. People on food stamps probably have to buyer cheaper food, which is oftentimes loaded with trans-fats and sugar/salt.

This IS true. Obesity is mostly restricted to the middle class of America, exactly for this reason. If you can afford only cheap food, then you poison yourself with those chemicals. It is amazing that technology replaced food prices with obesity. How do you fight that? I think impossible. Final degeneration?

I think the solution is easy: eat fresh non-processed foods. Fruit is relatively inexpensive (look at bananas)...however they're not as tasty and we've raised a culture of entitled, lazy, fatasses who would rather play guitar hero than play guitar in a real concert, or play madden rather than throw a football around their backyard.

Well, it is a fact that Jews tend to be less fat than average. Is that because the Jew exclusive schools don't allow in the poisons of the public education system?

We sponsor bad food, because we insure for their consequences. Shouldn't a person lose his health insurance if eating unhealthy? I mean you can lose your car insurance if driving badly. Why shouldn't you lose your health insurance if eating badly? Especially when feeding your child badly?[/QUOTE)

FUCK OFF YA FREAK.
You get to control what you eat. Not what everybody else eats. I hate commies.

We commies should control you by taking away your food stamps until you learn how not to buy sugar and booze on it.
thats right, commies control populations by controlling the foid supply and starving children. That has always been the goal, and that is why fuck you. Ill send a case if hohos to school every day with my kids, and tell them to distrubute them.

I'm literally sending lil debbies by the cartful to school with my kids every day this week. I will tell them to tell each child that gets a goodie that imthey are protesting federal control of diet via shitty commie education and shitty commie lunch programs a la moichelke.

Don't the fathers in your village condemn you for witchcraft on their children and wives? Do you float on water? I bet your fat pot belly makes you float on water. Not a problem, witches still burn well on stakes, where the fat helps too. Hehehe. :)

Don't the fathers in your village condemn you for witchcraft on their children and wives? Do you float on water? I bet your fat pot belly makes you float on water. Not a problem, witches still burn well on stakes, where the fat helps too. Hehehe. :)
all the witches I know are pagan commie fruitcakes, like you.

Do you know that obesity leads to warts? And what if your pot belly causes you to fall off your broom one day and hit the ground in one big splash?

Do you know that obesity leads to warts? And what if your pot belly causes you to fall off your broom one day and hit the ground in one big splash?
I'll use you to break my fall.

You sound like not only are you obsessed with the thought of children eating...you also may have an unhealthy obsession with weight. Do you binge and purge?

You sound like not only are you obsessed with the thought of children eating...you also may have an unhealthy obsession with weight. Do you binge and purge?

The tora says that no woman and no child shall ever eat, unless her husband/father are eating, and even then, they shall never eat more than half of what he eats. In America, this should be revised to a quarter.

Mom Goes Off On School After Learning Why They Threw Away Her Son’s Packed Lunch

Okay, this thread is not about the school throwing the school lunch away.

What this thread is about is the knowledge of parents to feed their kids healthily, and the need for education to educate students in how to eat healthily so when they are adults they don't make these sorts of mistakes.

The first thing is that whenever talking about eating healthily a lot of people on the right will say that everyone knows that sugar is bad. Fine, everyone knows that sugar is bad. But then again how does this then get into their brain and affect how they think?

"he was told he could not eat a piece of banana bread he had brought to school as a snack because it contained chocolate chips."

The first part I will bring up is that this banana bread that this kid had contained chocolate chips.

“It’s not like he had chips or a chocolate bar,” The mom says,

The second part is the mother's attitude that this banana bread which contained chocolate, probably quite a bit of sugar too, but the mother said "It's not like he had chips or a chocolate bar", well, no, it is like he had chips or a chocolate bar, actually.

This is the most worrying thing.

"she bought banana bread because they were labeled as being nut-free and safe for school children."

Oh, what? She bought the bread because it said it's "safe for children", what? What does "safe for children" mean? It won't kill them instantly? This is how easily manipulated people are.

Then the last part is "Brangman claims she felt “it was more unhealthy for a child not to eat at all, than to eat a granola bar with chocolate.”"

Well, actually it would be better for parents to take control of what their kids are eating. They stuff them full of sugar, get them addicted to sugar, use sugar as rewards, use them when their kids are going nuts, and then the kids demand to have sugar and refuse to eat other stuff. Bad parenting.

The point about manipulation brings me to this:

California woman sues Jelly Belly Candy claiming beans were full of sugar

This thread doesn't concern whether you think this woman suing this company is right or wrong.

"Jessica Gomez filed a federal class-action lawsuit against the Fairfield, Calif.-based candy company in March, claiming they mislabeled sugar on the product’s list of ingredients. She is asking for damages, restitution and a court order demanding the company end “fraudulent practices.”"

"According to Gomez’s attorneys, the company lists “evaporated cane juice” as an ingredient instead of sugar “to make the product appear even more appropriate for athletes and less like a candy.”"

Companies are all too ready to mislead consumers. Sure, a person who is knowledgeable about things would soon catch on that there is sugar. But there are millions of people who just aren't knowledgeable, don't take the time to find things out, and will end up being manipulated by these companies.

"evaporated cane juice" is just bullshit. It's sugar, and a company has an obligation to write the ingredients as they are, not how they want to present them.

People know sugar is bad, but they'll end up stuffing so much more sugar into their kids's mouths than they think they are doing because they simply don't take the time to learn about healthy eating.

So it's time for education to EDUCATED kids. The problem is, the govt fund education and it also seems to want large companies to sell their crap to the people, because politicians aren't looking out for the interests of the people.

You know when I was a kid I and all my classmates used to bring our lunches to school and across the board everyone had a sandwich made withham, bologna, beef loaf, PB&J etc on white bread an apple or a banana some potato chips or corn chips etc and some sort of sweet be it a few Oreos or a brownie or banana bread

and guess what?

None of us were fat.

Please explain

why do parents expect schools to do all this....nutritional classes etc....go sit in on your child's classes for the day see how much time is actual teaching and not admin paper work...schools cant do it all.....parents have to put down the fucking cell phones and be involved
I know parents who home school who tell me that get through their entire daily course load in less than 3 hours and they give the kids an hour of independent work ( you really can't call it homework)

so the kids have more time for exercise, and real world learning experiences than the average ( and I do mean average) public school kid

Mom Goes Off On School After Learning Why They Threw Away Her Son’s Packed Lunch

What this thread is about is the knowledge of parents to feed their kids healthily, and the need for education to educate students in how to eat healthily so when they are adults they don't make these sorts of mistakes.

The first thing is that whenever talking about eating healthily a lot of people on the right will say that everyone knows that sugar is bad. Fine, everyone knows that sugar is bad. But then again how does this then get into their brain and affect how they think?

"he was told he could not eat a piece of banana bread he had brought to school as a snack because it contained chocolate chips."

The first part I will bring up is that this banana bread that this kid had contained chocolate chips.

The second part is the mother's attitude that this banana bread which contained chocolate, probably quite a bit of sugar too, but the mother said "It's not like he had chips or a chocolate bar", well, no, it is like he had chips or a chocolate bar, actually.

"she bought banana bread because they were labeled as being nut-free and safe for school children."

Oh, what? She bought the bread because it said it's "safe for children", what? What does "safe for children" mean? It won't kill them instantly? This is how easily manipulated people are.

Then the last part is "Brangman claims she felt “it was more unhealthy for a child not to eat at all, than to eat a granola bar with chocolate.”"

Well, actually it would be better for parents to take control of what their kids are eating. They stuff them full of sugar, get them addicted to sugar, use sugar as rewards, use them when their kids are going nuts, and then the kids demand to have sugar and refuse to eat other stuff. Bad parenting.

This thread doesn't concern whether you think this woman suing this company is right or wrong.

"Jessica Gomez filed a federal class-action lawsuit against the Fairfield, Calif.-based candy company in March, claiming they mislabeled sugar on the product’s list of ingredients. She is asking for damages, restitution and a court order demanding the company end “fraudulent practices.”"

"According to Gomez’s attorneys, the company lists “evaporated cane juice” as an ingredient instead of sugar “to make the product appear even more appropriate for athletes and less like a candy.”"

Companies are all too ready to mislead consumers. Sure, a person who is knowledgeable about things would soon catch on that there is sugar. But there are millions of people who just aren't knowledgeable, don't take the time to find things out, and will end up being manipulated by these companies.

"evaporated cane juice" is just bullshit. It's sugar, and a company has an obligation to write the ingredients as they are, not how they want to present them.

People know sugar is bad, but they'll end up stuffing so much more sugar into their kids's mouths than they think they are doing because they simply don't take the time to learn about healthy eating.

So it's time for education to EDUCATED kids. The problem is, the govt fund education and it also seems to want large companies to sell their crap to the people, because politicians aren't looking out for the interests of the people.

You know when I was a kid I and all my classmates used to bring our lunches to school and across the board everyone had a sandwich made withham, bologna, beef loaf, PB&J etc on white bread an apple or a banana some potato chips or corn chips etc and some sort of sweet be it a few Oreos or a brownie or banana bread

and guess what?

None of us were fat.

Please explain

Did you guys sit in front of a TV all day at home, or did you play outside and play sports. It's astonishing how often this generation plays video games and are couch potatoes. Don't get me wrong I played video games as a kid...but after about an hour my friends and I would then play street hockey, baseball, football, ride our bikes around, and yes sometimes we got dirty! This generation would shame their kids for daring to come home dirty, or for riding their bikes around their neighbor without supervision.

and guess what?

None of us were fat.

Please explain

What? Ham? Beef? PBJ? Banana? Chips? Oreos? Brownie? Bread and lard is what you have deserved, self indulgent pigs.

why do parents expect schools to do all this....nutritional classes etc....go sit in on your child's classes for the day see how much time is actual teaching and not admin paper work...schools cant do it all.....parents have to put down the fucking cell phones and be involved
I know parents who home school who tell me that get through their entire daily course load in less than 3 hours and they give the kids an hour of independent work ( you really can't call it homework)

so the kids have more time for exercise, and real world learning experiences than the average ( and I do mean average) public school kid

But what if your father is a bully? Then you get the real home schooling. Complete with exercise. Hehehe.

But what if your father is a bully? Then you get the real home schooling. Complete with exercise. Hehehe.

What if? More incentive for the kid to get the fuck out of the house and support himself

The tora says that no woman and no child shall ever eat, unless her husband/father are eating, and even then, they shall never eat more than half of what he eats. In America, this should be revised to a quarter.

Have you lost your mind? Or did you ever have one to lose???

What if? More incentive for the kid to get the fuck out of the house and support himself
But what if the kid is too fat and too stupid to leave, as the case usually?

then the bully of a father can kick his fat stupid ass out

I'm not sure you remember being a kid. Sugar tastes good. Cabbage, not so much.
You can tell them all you want, but short of providing them ONLY healthy foods, they will choose the stuff that tastes good. When they're kids, anyway.

then the bully of a father can kick his fat stupid ass out

You mean to welfare? Great. The biggest fatsos are the welfare ones.

and guess what?

None of us were fat.

Please explain

Notice that the title of the thread is HEALTHY eating for kids. It's not FAT KIDS.

Please explain why you changed from healthy eating to fat.

But here's the thing. Sugar slows the brain down, it reduces the amount of oxygen that goes to the brain, it makes kids more fidgety, more moody, it makes them worse students, it makes it harder for the teacher to control the class, it means that all the kids in the class have a reduced level of teaching because the teacher is spending more time dealing with the kids.

The impact of healthy eating goes far beyond being fat.

Forum List

Back