Heartless, petty, and overwhelmingly, relentlessly stupid

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
Heartless, petty, and overwhelmingly, relentlessly stupid

by digby

There is something very wrong with these people:

Desiline Victor, a 102-year-old woman, received a standing ovation during the State of the Union on Tuesday for her resolve to vote. Fox News hosts Brian Kilmeade, Martha MacCallum and Bill Hemmer, however, wondered what the "big deal" was.

Victor made two trips and waited three hours to vote in Miami in November. President Obama spoke about the need to protect voting rights during his State of the Union address on Tuesday, and pointed to Victor, who was there as a guest of Michelle Obama, as an example.

Kilmeade, MacCallum and Hemmer did not seem to think she deserved one, though. Speaking on Kilmeade's radio show on Thursday, MacCallum said that the issue had no place in the State of the Union because it could be handled on the "municipal level… Get the town council on that one."

"How long was she on line?" Hemmer asked.

"What's the big deal? She was happy," MacCallum argued. "She waited on line, she was happy that she voted."

"They held her up as a victim!" Hemmer alleged. "What was she the victim of? Rashes on the bottom of her feet?"​
The woman is 102 years old! Rashes on her feet! My God, the fact that anyone had to try more than once to vote is shocking but that it happened to a woman who was born nearly a decade before women had the right to vote --- and spent most of her life being denied the right as an African American by jerks like these three privileged white people --- is shameful.

These people represent the lizard brain of the Fox News base: heartless, petty and relentlessly, overwhelmingly stupid. This is Roger Ailes' legacy.

Humans with a heart who give a fuck for someone other than their shallow, insipid selves, that's who.

Good find, Synth.

Regards from Rosie

102 year olds tend to vote Democrat

More reason for Republicans to make them wait. They hope they will die before getting a chance to vote

My mother's 86 with severe arthritis. Never had a drivers license. Never needed one. Had to move heaven and earth to get a state issued picture ID last year so she could vote.

She was considering voting Republican, at least for the state and local elections but after finding out it was her Republican State legislature responsible for making voting so difficult for her, she voted straight Democrat.

You win some, you lose some, and when you do asshole things to good people, you lose more.

Relentless political posturing by the left. What a 102 year old woman has to do with the State of the Union is anybody's guess but the Hussein administration never stops campaigning even after they won the freaking election. Count on the tax exempt propaganda network that never sleeps to cherry pick comments by Fox and post them on line for the usual left wing suspects to talk about rather than talking about how freaking wonderful the next four years are going to be.

Relentless political posturing by the left. What a 102 year old woman has to do with the State of the Union is anybody's guess but the Hussein administration never stops campaigning even after they won the freaking election. Count on the tax exempt propaganda network that never sleeps to cherry pick comments by Fox and post them on line for the usual left wing suspects to talk about rather than talking about how freaking wonderful the next four years are going to be.

Has the right finally decided to stop finding ways to prevent minorities from voting then?

If so, then I suppose Obama need not provide any more human examples of the effects of Republican vote suppression.

My mother's 86 with severe arthritis. Never had a drivers license. Never needed one. Had to move heaven and earth to get a state issued picture ID last year so she could vote.

She was considering voting Republican, at least for the state and local elections but after finding out it was her Republican State legislature responsible for making voting so difficult for her, she voted straight Democrat.

You win some, you lose some, and when you do asshole things to good people, you lose more.

Cool Story Bro.....

People do not stand in line? I had to wait..
I really do not see what the big fuckin deal is
Sure, some people could have let her skip line, I woulda
But still.. What the fuck does this mean? DO we need more machines? Is this what this is about? More political theater for the sheeple? I mean SERIOUSLY

The Democrat Party was more than willing to have her stay home cast her vote in her absence

Forum List

Back