What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from another AOL Board Refugee

beautress

Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to USMB, B.Zanetti. Hope you enjoy the boards. : thup:

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I am another poster from the allegedly soon to be defunct AOL message boards.

This format, although similar to the AOL boards, will take getting used to.

My philosophy is simple: I'm somewhere in the middle of the road politically and ideologically. I lean conservative on fiscal issues, and liberal on social issues. Issues that don't affect me personally, like abortion or gay rights or gay marriage - are non-issues for me, and therefore, not of any concern.

I also take issue to anyone who politicizes issues that have no business having politics injected into them. I'll take issue with folks on the outer margins of both sides of the political aisle - people whose divisive tactics have done far too much damage to our nation. I'll go after the left just as easily as I go after the right..... but the side whose rhetoric is the most arrogant and divisive - at this moment, the right - gets both barrels.

Anyhow, I look forward to spending time here posting in the days, months and years ahead. I still think AOL is slitting its collective throat by dumping their message boards, but what else can we expect from them nowadays?
People still use AOL?

I remember AOL being an absolute joke to us internet users back in the 90’s.

Angelo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What's AOL ?
I'm kidding....
I actually still have an old AOL email address,( wish I never use and probably has 15,000 unread emails) but I didn't know they had news boards. Anyway Time Warner sucks since Ted sold out.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I am another poster from the allegedly soon to be defunct AOL message boards.

My philosophy is simple: I'm somewhere in the middle of the road politically and ideologically. I lean conservative on fiscal issues, and liberal on social issues. Issues that don't affect me personally, like abortion or gay rights or gay marriage - are non-issues for me, and therefore, not of any concern.

I also take issue to anyone who politicizes issues that have no business having politics injected into them. I'll take issue with folks on the outer margins of both sides of the political aisle - people whose divisive tactics have done far too much damage to our nation. I'll go after the left just as easily as I go after the right..... but the side whose rhetoric is the most arrogant and divisive - at this moment, the right - gets both barrels.

Anyhow, I look forward to spending time here posting in the days, months and years ahead. I still think AOL is slitting its collective throat by dumping their message boards, but what else can we expect from them nowadays?

Welcome!

Don't feed the trolls

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If this is an invasion you all had better speak English.

welcome aboard.

Not a problem, friend. We all speak the native language.

It's not so much an invasion as it is people seeking refuge from an AOL system about to be eliminated. At this point in time, we all feel like the folks out west who were driven from their homes by wildfires. AOL's taking a "scorched earth" policy regarding areas they have no use for anymore, and we're just lookin' for a new place to play.

Thanks for the welcome, Shogun.

I actually met my wife in an AOL Chatroom in 1998 :)

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Reaction score
you guys are such suckers,,

this guy was here for one day back in 2008 and some moron decided to bring this back up,,,
It's like time travel....welcoming someone from before most of us....

BS Filter

Platinum Member
Reaction score

If you believe that the right is the most divisive at this time, then you're biased and clearly a leftist activist pretending to be impartial. Phoney.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$515.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List