Zone1 Hello

Matt National

Sep 9, 2022
Virginia
The name's Matt. Some of you may know me. Some may not. Don't know if I've ever been on this board before but I've frequented other boards in the past and I use Reddit a bit too much. I'll keep this short. I'm in my mid-thirties now, I'm a political blogger, I'm a National Conservative, I've served in the Air Force, and I've been an EMT for over 17 years now (currently as a volunteer). Figured I'd give this forum a go since it looks active and active political forums these days are rare.

The name's Matt. Some of you may know me. Some may not. Don't know if I've ever been on this board before but I've frequented other boards in the past and I use Reddit a bit too much. I'll keep this short. I'm in my mid-thirties now, I'm a political blogger, I'm a National Conservative, I've served in the Air Force, and I've been an EMT for over 17 years now (currently as a volunteer). Figured I'd give this forum a go since it looks active and active political forums these days are rare.
Run before it is too late...

Welcome! Have fun Matt it's one of the best boards on the interweb IMO.

Figured I'd give this forum a go since it looks active and active political forums these days are rare.

Really? With the condition of the country now under the feckless disaster which is Joe's hand-guided leadership, one would think there is more to talk about now than EVER.

That is, unless you are a Democrat sweating the medieval CAT 5 flogging headed their way in 59 days.

Really? With the condition of the country now under the feckless disaster which is Joe's hand-guided leadership, one would think there is more to talk about now than EVER.

That is, unless you are a Democrat sweating the medieval CAT 5 flogging headed their way in 59 days.

One would think, but social media have all but killed off the traditional forum. Paradoxically, the social media companies are biased and control the speech on their platforms which eliminates any realistic hope for any talk about Bidens disastrous Presidency. Google devalued forums years ago.
That's why, despite having a conservative blog, I don't have a forum on my server. Too much work, too much upkeep, and Google pushes forums down in the ratings. You're either Twitter or toast.

Thank you all for the kind welcomes.

Maybe I'll add to the forum posting tonight. Just mowed the lawn, started dethatching, and overseeding comes next. Homeownership sucks is awesome. I'm a bit tired right now lol.

Maybe I'll add to the forum posting tonight. Just mowed the lawn, started dethatching, and overseeding comes next. Homeownership sucks is awesome. I'm a bit tired right now lol.

Whatever you want to do is fine with me and I'm tired too right now.

a1621c7aa39257e3e787859ec8b6547d.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle

Paradoxically, the social media companies are biased and control the speech on their platforms which eliminates any realistic hope for any talk about Bidens disastrous Presidency.

Because like a virus under UV light, leftist progs wither and die under the light of free and open discussion to screen out any who would cross their storyline then they pat themselves on the back that everyone agrees with their "majority" opinion and are switching to their side.

Hi, Matt. I'm new here myself.

I noticed you capitalized "National Conservative." Being unfamiliar, I googled (with the caps) and saw this:

“National Conservatism” is a movement of public figures, journalists, scholars, and students who understand that the past and future of conservatism are inextricably tied to the idea of the nation, to the principle of national independence, and to the revival of the unique national traditions that alone have the power to bind a people together and bring about their flourishing.

National conservatism is a project of the Edmund Burke Foundation, a new public affairs institute dedicated to developing a revitalized conservatism for the age of nationalism already upon us.

Do you see yourself as part of this same movement?

You say you're on Reddit a "bit too much." I cannot imagine how a conservative could stick around there for long. I'm not a conservative or a liberal but a moderate independent, and found political discussion on Reddit insufferable. It's been years ago now, but I lasted a few years then left for good.

I suspect as a former Air Force serviceman and a long-time EMT that you're a good man. Welcome!

Hi, Matt. I'm new here myself.

I noticed you capitalized "National Conservative." Being unfamiliar, I googled (with the caps) and saw this:

Do you see yourself as part of this same movement?

You say you're on Reddit a "bit too much." I cannot imagine how a conservative could stick around there for long. I'm not a conservative or a liberal but a moderate independent, and found political discussion on Reddit insufferable. It's been years ago now, but I lasted a few years then left for good.

I suspect as a former Air Force serviceman and a long-time EMT that you're a good man. Welcome!

Hello, I would certainly like to think of myself as a good man!

I do see myself part of the National Conservative Movement and that's one of the reasons why I became a political blogger as well. Putting my thoughts down on text not only helps me organize my thoughts but helps me understand the positions I take better. With each new post I learn something new. Of course, I am not a influential or even known member of that movement, certainly not like Yoram Hazony is, but rather just someone who has chosen to connect with that sub-ideology. I think you'll get a better understanding of the NatCon movement here.

Reddit is....an experience for sure. It's toxic, it's highly left wing, and it's dominated by people who hold views but don't really understand why they hold these views. The conservative pockets of Reddit aren't bad and I do use the platform for other reasons like getting advice on my e-bike and other things. I find local news there and also connect with niche groups like the EMS sub. I moderate (loosely) the National Conservative sub. I say loosely because I rarely go on it anymore.

Welcome.

One day as I was going to work I told my son to cut the grass and gave him money to get gas. When I got home the grass had not been mowed. I asked him why and he said that he went to get gas but they didn't have any lawn mower gas.

Welcome.

One day as I was going to work I told my son to cut the grass and gave him money to get gas. When I got home the grass had not been mowed. I asked him why and he said that he went to get gas but they didn't have any lawn mower gas.
Which side did your son get his smarts from?

Forum List

Back