help my dw broke...control panel

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
today is just not my day.....i noticed the other day that the control panel had a blinking light....when i tried to set the cycle it would blink but i got it to work...not today...both the cycle and the cancel are just blinking away...a new control panel is gonna run about 150 ...i need to fix it but i think it may be beyond me....it is hardwired in...so i need someone here to help with turning it off at the fuse box and all...i am not sure i want to try to do this at all but i figure i will either fix it or fubar it...

any hints or experience with this would be greatly repped.....its a kitchenaid

before you go blow some cash

if you have not already

try a reboot

if a mobile washer unplug it for a couple of minutes then plug it back in

or if it is hard wired trip the breaker for a couple of minutes then flip the breaker back on

worth a try

the is my first try but i need a person at the breaker box (basement) i cannot crash the computer due to it controlling the phone and tv...i dont know how to reboot it all.....so i will wait..for help....they say that works for a few times...and i will start looking for scratch and dent ones...at lowes

the is my first try but i need a person at the breaker box (basement) i cannot crash the computer due to it controlling the phone and tv...i dont know how to reboot it all.....so i will wait..for help....they say that works for a few times...and i will start looking for scratch and dent ones...at lowes

it has worked for us

ours has lasted more then a year

from a reboot

bones, our whirlpool d/w did this about two years ago. I looked up the model online and did some digging, found out how to reboot it. It's a process of holding down certain buttons on the panel for xx then pushing xx button.

I did that and it fixed the problem .... for a couple of weeks. Then it broke and rebooting did nothing. Called d/w repairman. He said that it would cost half of what a new d/w would to repair it, the d/w was 10 yrs old, which is the avg life expectancy. We decided it was better to just get a new d/w rather than paying so much to have the old one fixed.

It's about two years old and the handle on the door (it's plastic and one piece on the front, it's not a separate handle) just started being weird and 'loose' when opening. All appliances are now made overseas and are planned to only last so long. Gone are the days of quality and longevity. Sad.

i will do the reboot and i have tried rebooting with just the buttons....no go......i think turning the power off may do it...i need to get another year out of it....i dont know how old it is.....hell this is only the 2nd dw and we have been in this house for a good 33 years...or so...we still have the same water heater....(i just cursed myself didnt i) the water heater is 33 years old.....a new one will never last that long....

before you go blow some cash

if you have not already

try a reboot

if a mobile washer unplug it for a couple of minutes then plug it back in

or if it is hard wired trip the breaker for a couple of minutes then flip the breaker back on

worth a try

I agree.... the reboot has worked for us too.

Unplug the washer for about 10 minutes and try again.

New Dishwashers suck

Why do you need a "Control Panel"? Its not rocket science. it is washing dishes

The old dishwashers had a knob with three cycle settings, the knob never broke

Last edited:
o its deader than a door nail.....i have a towel on the counter and i am using the bottom rack to dry the dishes....damn i had forgotten how much handwashing dishes is....the hubby is majorly upset.....with taxes and all....i just cant replace anything right now....and there are only the two of us now...so how much of a pain can it be....plus hubby is saying new d/w are low water use and wont clean dishes...etc and so forth...i am not sure if i want to invest in the control panel....its 150 or so and then i am not sure there arent other problems....

I am confused. What kind of fusebox has lights? And why is your computer controlling your phone and tv?

ahh fuck this shit....i am doing the idshes by hand thinking how grand i am...when my slippery hands drops my favorite mother fucking bowl...and cuts the end of my damn middle finger on the right hand all to hell...which is now bleeding on the fucking key board...yes the bowl broke and cut me...

o i have given up the land line and cable....i have a mini tower or unicell for the cell phone to work here and roku...w/o a computer i have nothing....seems i am so mad right now....and the more i type the more its bleeding....sob...and i have to start breakfast soon...surely there is a fucking bandaid somewhere in this house....or a first aid kit....who am i kidding...

Hope you get your new dishwasher soon, Bones. I moved into an old (with character :lol:) cottage a year ago on a nice estate with grounds that are so beautiful... It's pretty and nice except for no modern conveniences. No insulation either.

Anyway, I'm moving in a month but I've had to hand wash dishes for a year and you get into a groove with it. The motions are really as easy as rinsing them and putting them in the dishwasher once you get into it. Don't spend the money if you can't afford it right away. It's not hard really.

Hope you get your new dishwasher soon, Bones. I moved into an old (with character :lol:) cottage a year ago on a nice estate with grounds that are so beautiful... It's pretty and nice except for no modern conveniences. No insulation either.

Anyway, I'm moving in a month but I've had to hand wash dishes for a year and you get into a groove with it. The motions are really as easy as rinsing them and putting them in the dishwasher once you get into it. Don't spend the money if you can't afford it right away. It's not hard really.

did you see the part where i broke my favorite bowl and cut my finger.....i haz a boo boo

so i start looking hard....calling places...craigslist..then i remember an old friend who has an appliance store....he has a used one.....says it works great and all...for 200 bucks plus taxes.....i am calling to see if it will fit in my car..which is loaded with my grown ass son's stuff..cause he needed to get shed of stuff for the move....it is junk but then some of it is his prized climbing gear....overflow stuff

did you see the part where i broke my favorite bowl and cut my finger.....i haz a boo boo

so i start looking hard....calling places...craigslist..then i remember an old friend who has an appliance store....he has a used one.....says it works great and all...for 200 bucks plus taxes.....i am calling to see if it will fit in my car..which is loaded with my grown ass son's stuff..cause he needed to get shed of stuff for the move....it is junk but then some of it is his prized climbing gear....overflow stuff

Will he negotiate the price with you? Seems high for a used one.

Forum List

Back