Here are some numbers for you Clintonites who think she should have won..because of the popular vote

land does not vote, people vote.
That's cute, but meaningless. What is or should be obvious is that the most populated states should not dictate to all states. That is the purpose of the EC. It worked fine.

Hillary lost because she was a poor candidate who had no credible record, no credible plans for improvement of the economy and nothing more than screaming criticisms of Trump. People all across the nation want what Trump offered...except for the big cities. Even New York State predominately wanted (and got) Trump despite the wishes of the vote-for-a-living welfare buns in NYC.
Hillary lost because urban voters are generally more highly educated and more progressive, yet they do not get full credit for their votes. Trump won because the vast majority of people who voted for him are poorly educated, unsophisticated thinkers who live in rural areas. That is the reality.

Pffft. Nonsense. They get the same credit for their votes as anyone else.

I have a wall of degrees, and I live in one of the wealthiest regions in the country.
^^^ ok

There are 3,141 counties in the United States.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

So what. We don't elect by County. Most "counties" have very few people living in them. They generate very little revenue and a lot of them require people in the populated counties to support them.

They also tend to be less educated, and it shows.

Bullshit.

If the folks working that land decided to strike, and only provide for themselves for the coming year, then the folks in those counties that voted against them that need the labor and resources from that land would go w/o food, energy, paper, etc. THEY WOULD DIE...

Bullshit.

If the folks working that land decided to strike, and only provide for themselves for the coming year, then the folks in those counties that voted against them that need the labor and resources from that land would go w/o food, energy, paper, etc. THEY WOULD DIE...
ok, ok. i already conceded. how could i not in the face of such overwhelming common sense offerings. i noted here: land does vote. states vote. people do not vote. i can learn so much here.

i wonder what the vote count would be if u deducted those with IQ's under 50{and dont work/barely work}dead people,fake registrations and illegals.

Bullshit.

ok, ok. i already conceded. how could i not in the face of such overwhelming common sense offerings. i noted here: land does vote. states vote. people do not vote. i can learn so much here.
The point is, the land, represented by people, vote.

I haven't personally verified these numbers, but after looking at the red/blue map of the county by county votes across the nation, I do not doubt a bit of it. Trump won because most of the nation wanted him to him. The Electoral College performed exactly as intended....protected the rural working areas from the urban welfare clubs.

Interesting Numbers... Finally, the Electoral College explained so anyone can understand the need for it.

The best explanation of why the Founders had unbelievable wisdom in designing the Electoral College.

It also illustrates that the Democratic Party does not represent the country, just the heavily populated east and west coast mega cities which are out of touch with the vast majority of the country.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

There are 62 counties in New York State.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes.

In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens)

Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties, Trump won Richmond)

Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.

These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.

The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 square miles.

When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those that encompass a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Were you aware that 100 poorest counties in America are almost all in rural areas of red states?

Bullshit.

We don't live in Bealeville. Only you do.

Bullshit.

The point is, the land, represented by people, vote.

No. Individual persons vote. Once you abandon the core value of one person one vote,

you have abandoned democracy.

If someone wants to convince me that my vote in very very very rural upstate NY should count more than Donald Trump's vote in NYC,

go ahead. Let's hear it.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

So what. We don't elect by County. Most "counties" have very few people living in them. They generate very little revenue and a lot of them require people in the populated counties to support them.

What an asinine thing to say.

The majority of counties have thousands of people living in them.

Oh sure, next to the millions in major cities, I suppose it may seem like, "very few," but if you go to a small town, it is quite a bit.

It keeps food in your belly, and it keeps your lights on. Where the hell do you think the chemicals that make up your smart phone and your pharmaceuticals come from?

When you are cold, hungry, and sick, I think those are priorities, aren't they? Massive urban ares don't manufacture and produce the raw materials to take care of these problems. Do you really not understand how an economy works? Seriously?

It is the RURAL areas that support the metropolitan areas, NOT the other way around, don't be a doofus.

Play a game a basic civilization building game like Civilization and you would understand how society works.

I'll whip your ass anytime you want to give it a go. . . .

It should be one person, one vote, and the president elected by majority vote, not by counties.

So if you support one person one vote that's pure democracy and Mob rule over the minority.
One person one vote would mean 5 mens votes and issues over 4 womens votes over their issues. Mens issues would only have representation.

If someone wants to convince me that my vote in very very very rural upstate NY should count more than Donald Trump's vote in NYC,

go ahead. Let's hear it.

your vote didn't count at all because it was cancelled by the vote of an intelligent voter in NY.

go ahead. Let's hear it.

your vote didn't count at all because it was cancelled by the vote of an intelligent voter in NY.

Really? That's all you got this morning?

You fancy yourself a genius on voting. Tell me why my vote should count more than Donald Trump's.

Anyone arguing by counties and the EV is an idiot. End of discussion.

How Brewster in the middle of nowhere County, Texas voted is immaterial. The only thing that matters is the state vote. End of discussion.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

Says the uneducated one. :ack-1:

It should be one person, one vote, and the president elected by majority vote, not by counties.

So if you support one person one vote that's pure democracy and Mob rule over the minority.
One person one vote would mean 5 mens votes and issues over 4 womens votes over their issues. Mens issues would only have representation.

Women won the right to vote by the of vote OF men. Remember?

Forum List

Back