Zone1 Here Are The Old Testament Passages Describing The Foretold Jewish Messiah

Jews dont believe in the trinity, same as muslims and j.w.;s. If God is unitarian, how do you explain passages such as Genesis 19:24 where Yahweh (“LORD”), rained brimstone and fire from the Yahweh out of heaven?
Under Judaism, there is only one divine being-God Himself. Jews are forbidden to make images of God as that constitutes idolatry.

Ya, so give us your take on this instead of just making pointless statements. That's because you can't.

Then God said, “Let us make life in our image, in our likeness, the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky the livestock and all the wild animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground.”

really, anyone can mimic a 10000 pg document and dwell forever on the forgeries and fallacies that lead to no where. c-bear.

It is a matter of belief. For those of the LDS faith who believe God was once human and humans will become Gods, "our" will be held to fiercely.
I'm not Mormon but I think it is crystal clear that Mans destiny is to be born into the God Family.

Jesus is the FIRSTBORN OF MANY BRETHREN

I was born in a Christian family. I was raised Christian. And I have come to be a questioner.

So with no ax to grind, I’m wondering if could hear from anyone who is learned in the Old Testament. Where was it written that the Savior would be born of a Virgin?

I was born in a Christian family. I was raised Christian. And I have come to be a questioner.

So with no ax to grind, I’m wondering if could hear from anyone who is learned in the Old Testament. Where was it written that the Savior would be born of a Virgin?
T'ain't

The Old Testament does not speak of a Savior, but of a military warrior-king. The prophecy is that he will be of the line of David. There is no prophecy that he will be born of a virgin. He will be a leader of Israel, and such a great leader, leaders of other nations will follow his leadership example...i.e., the prophecy that all nations will see a great light (Israel).

The prophecy Christians say point to Mary (the virgin/young woman) will be with child in a prophecy about King Hezekiah's wife. Her (natural) pregnancy is to be seen as a sign of hope for the people in their time of trouble.

I am in awe of Matthew. He saw the Old Testament as a great foreshadowing of the life of Christ and its purpose. People of the time who knew the Old Testament could see all the parallels of Jewish history in the life of Christ. Read the Old Testament, see Christ. Read the New Testament, see Jewish history unfolding. Of course, over time, we lost this. Christians only read the the Old Testament as a prophecy foretelling (instead of a foreshadowing) of the life of Christ. Jews ignored the New Testament.

Matthew's genealogy of Jesus--that truly boring Gospel we sometimes hear? It is not boring to those who know Jewish history. Each and every name brings to mind a great story.

They take that from Isaiah's prophecy about Hezekiah aka Wonderful Counselor and Emmanuel. Christians reinterpret what is perfectly clear to claim it's about Jesus.

The Old Testament does not speak of a Savior, but of a military warrior-king. The prophecy is that he will be of the line of David. There is no prophecy that he will be born of a virgin. He will be a leader of Israel, and such a great leader, leaders of other nations will follow his leadership example...i.e., the prophecy that all nations will see a great light (Israel).

The prophecy Christians say point to Mary (the virgin/young woman) will be with child in a prophecy about King Hezekiah's wife. Her (natural) pregnancy is to be seen as a sign of hope for the people in their time of trouble.

I am in awe of Matthew. He saw the Old Testament as a great foreshadowing of the life of Christ and its purpose. People of the time who knew the Old Testament could see all the parallels of Jewish history in the life of Christ. Read the Old Testament, see Christ. Read the New Testament, see Jewish history unfolding. Of course, over time, we lost this. Christians only read the the Old Testament as a prophecy foretelling (instead of a foreshadowing) of the life of Christ. Jews ignored the New Testament.

Matthew's genealogy of Jesus--that truly boring Gospel we sometimes hear? It is not boring to those who know Jewish history. Each and every name brings to mind a great story.
Nope---the "prophecies" in the "OT" doe not describe a "WARRIOR KING" In fact, Ms weather, you should review Isaiah's description of the KING of Israel in the MESSIANIC ERA-----not
a warrior. I have no idea from whence you pulled the WARRIOR KING idea. In fact, I have
no idea from whence you have the concept of the CRYSTAL BALL "PROPHET"

Nope---the "prophecies" in the "OT" doe not describe a "WARRIOR KING" In fact, Ms weather, you should review Isaiah's description of the KING of Israel in the MESSIANIC ERA-----not
a warrior. I have no idea from whence you pulled the WARRIOR KING idea. In fact, I have
no idea from whence you have the concept of the CRYSTAL BALL "PROPHET"

Rosie, Isaiah is writing about Hezekiah.

Hezekiah isn't Mighty God and eternal Father. Only one is eternal. God.

Except Isaiah is writing about Hezekiah. Read it.

Last edited:
Hezekiah isn't Mighty God and eternal Father. Only one is eternal. God.

Forum List

Back