Here's a tip: Don't

Aren't you the guy who has been berating me for your own little imaginary narrative about me not tipping well? Get your (bullshit) stories straight.

So don't tip, stiff these poor urchins

You're doing it again, imagination-boy.

Are the people who actually have been or are waitresses and waiters, who posted in your failed thread also imaginary?

You have many delusions that could use some help!

Seek it

We are arguing with someone who thinks the act of voluntarily leaving a tip is somehow strong arm tactics.

You will not get it through his thick head

Aren't you the guy who has been berating me for your own little imaginary narrative about me not tipping well? Get your (bullshit) stories straight.

Bull, it's you having a problem with doing 4th grade level math that is the problem here.

What you have is, at the very best, a net gain of zero for the employee just so you don't have to do some freaking simple math calculations.

So don't tip, stiff these poor urchins, and walk away like the superior sumo you think you are.

I am now completely bored out of my mind with you.

I suggest getting some Swanson TV dinners and eating alone that way you won't feel strong armed by some college aged kid.

K?

Whoa there. Swanson makes a mean salisbury steak with gravy and mashed potatoes, corn and apple pie for dessert. Let's not draw an American icon into this dreary debate.

Damn it.

:evil:

Bull, it's you having a problem with doing 4th grade level math that is the problem here.

What you have is, at the very best, a net gain of zero for the employee just so you don't have to do some freaking simple math calculations.

So don't tip, stiff these poor urchins, and walk away like the superior sumo you think you are.

I suggest getting some Swanson TV dinners and eating alone that way you won't feel strong armed by some college aged kid.

K?

Whoa there. Swanson makes a mean salisbury steak with gravy and mashed potatoes, corn and apple pie for dessert. Let's not draw an American icon into this dreary debate.

Damn it.

:evil:

I make a pretty mean Salisbury Steak myself. Last time we were in Kyoto we ate in a family-style restaurant that served a GREAT Salisbury Steak - on a sizzling hot place and all. No tipping.

Japanese restaurants in New York introduce ban on tipping ? Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

"In Japan, there’s no custom of tipping. In fact, leaving a tip could potentially be considered rude, as the cost of the service is already supposed to be included in the price you pay. My American buddy’s attempt to follow his home custom in Japan ended in the delivery driver apologising profusely for not accepting the tip! In New York City, meanwhile, Japanese restaurants are bringing the no-tipping custom Stateside, as Restaurant Riki becomes the latest Manhattan establishment to ban their customers from tipping."

If only this would become a growing trend. If only...

yep. then it would be a libertarian paradise, :up: $2.13/hr.

Question- how often do you eat out & what is the ballpark figure for the tab? My gawd but you're a chisler or just a kid who finds math difficult. :eusa_doh:

Last edited:
We are arguing with someone who thinks the act of voluntarily leaving a tip is somehow strong arm tactics.

You will not get it through his thick head

K?

^ that

welcome to the club.

Japanese restaurants in New York introduce ban on tipping ? Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

"In Japan, there’s no custom of tipping. In fact, leaving a tip could potentially be considered rude, as the cost of the service is already supposed to be included in the price you pay. My American buddy’s attempt to follow his home custom in Japan ended in the delivery driver apologising profusely for not accepting the tip! In New York City, meanwhile, Japanese restaurants are bringing the no-tipping custom Stateside, as Restaurant Riki becomes the latest Manhattan establishment to ban their customers from tipping."

If only this would become a growing trend. If only...

yep. then it would be a libertarian paradie, :up: $2.13/hr.

Try reading the entire thread first. Don't worry, you can still make an ass of yourself after you have done so.

Both my son and daugher, tips as waitress and waiter have paid a significant portion of their college costs.
Tipping is a great tradition.

It's a pain in the ass. Wait staff should just be paid like other workers. Try living in a place with no tipping for a while and you will not be eager to go back to all that nonsense.

Well I've been in both. The problem is, staff that you don't tip... tend to give poorer service, while I have to pay a higher price.

Would I rather pay $25 dollars, and get poor service...

Or pay $20 and if the services is good pay $5 tip, or if the service is bad pay less or nothing more?

Answer... I'd rather pay the lower price, and give a tip based on service.

That's whole point of tipping. If you get good service, you pay the tip. If you get poor service, you don't.

This gives servers the incentive to give good service.

If you eliminate tipping... You are still going to pay the tip.... except now you'll pay it no matter if you get good service or not.

Both my son and daugher, tips as waitress and waiter have paid a significant portion of their college costs.

It's a pain in the ass. Wait staff should just be paid like other workers. Try living in a place with no tipping for a while and you will not be eager to go back to all that nonsense.

Well I've been in both. The problem is, staff that you don't tip... tend to give poorer service,

Wrong.

Well I've been in both. The problem is, staff that you don't tip... tend to give poorer service,

Wrong.

Well.... you can say "wrong" but that doesn't make it wrong. My experience has been, that in places where there is no tipping, and they charge you a higher price, to pay the staff that tip.... the staff tends to not do as good a job, as those places where their tip is directly tied to whether I tip them for doing a good job.

You can say "wrong" all you want... and you are the one wrong. I've been there... I've done that.... I know the difference.

Sorry.

Hey Unk, I went to Walgreens tonight. They have calculators for $2.00.

If it cost 20% to ship the calculator to you (don't worry about the tax). How much will the shipping cost?

Will check back in a week for your answer, that should give you plenty of time.

I don't mind tipping if it's voluntary.

If it's mandatory, they'll not get my business.

What's wrong with putting the right price on the meal instead of us having to poney up more money at the end? I'd rather they were paid a decent wage in the beginning.

What's wrong with putting the right price on the meal instead of us having to poney up more money at the end? I'd rather they were paid a decent wage in the beginning.

you mean pay restaurant workers a living wage?

ok

It then becomes a gain of zero. The only loss is potential income of the server.

All of you pushing this idea just band together, open your restaurant and see how it works out.

Innovation is the American way.

Go for it.

You can say "wrong" all you want... and you are the one wrong. I've been there... I've done that.... I know the difference.

Sorry.

I've been there...I've done that...I know the difference. You're wrong.

Forum List

Back