Here’s how you get a college degree without forcing other people to pay for it….

First, recognize that less than half of high school graduates are actually college-material, and instead enroll in a vocational trade program. If your family is lower-income, you’ll get Pell Grants.

Now, for the 40% or so who DO have the intelligence and discipline to make it through four years, here’s how you do it:

1) Attend community college for the first two years: $10,000 for both years.

2) Get a B average, and an academic transfer scholarship to your state university for the last two years. With the reduced tuition of the scholarship, tuition will be around $15,000 for both years.

Total tuition for all four years of college: $25,000 (or less than a car loan)

3) Work summers, earning around $5000 per summer, or $4500 after taxes. Apply the $18,000 to the tuition, and you only have $7000 to borrow.

4) Say what? You want to live on campus the last two years, and that will cost another $20,000? Then get a job between sophomore and junior year, full-time, and earn the money. You can transfer a year later and pay for room and board.

So what’s wrong with this plan? It’s a way to graduate from college with a debt of a few thousand dollars, if that, and not expect the working class to pat for it.
When doing my degree I was told that 80% of people were capable of getting a degree but they did not know it with the but they did not know it being the reason they did not try,

The thread implies we need people to work lower wage jobs. Those jobs don't need to be done.

Of course they do. There will always be jobs that pay a lower wage than others.

Why should someone making fries at Wendy's make the same as the nurse at the local hospital?

You and I (assuming you live in the US)
And who bails out the idiots who took out student loans to delay adulthood and the personal responsibilities that naturally come with adulthood as they pursue their worthless ridiculous music history degree and communist brainwashing?

Who profits?

At least half the people in this country don’t have what it takes to graduate from college. They need to learn plumbing, HVAC systems, and other skilled trades.

Why do you assume the people learning those skills are less capable than those going to college?

And who bails out the idiots who took out student loans to delay adulthood and the personal responsibilities that naturally come with adulthood as they pursue their worthless music history degree?

Who profits?

You and I (assuming you live in the US)

The banks and the colleges profit.

First, recognize that less than half of high school graduates are actually college-material, and instead enroll in a vocational trade program. If your family is lower-income, you’ll get Pell Grants.

Now, for the 40% or so who DO have the intelligence and discipline to make it through four years, here’s how you do it:

1) Attend community college for the first two years: $10,000 for both years.

2) Get a B average, and an academic transfer scholarship to your state university for the last two years. With the reduced tuition of the scholarship, tuition will be around $15,000 for both years.

Total tuition for all four years of college: $25,000 (or less than a car loan)

3) Work summers, earning around $5000 per summer, or $4500 after taxes. Apply the $18,000 to the tuition, and you only have $7000 to borrow.

4) Say what? You want to live on campus the last two years, and that will cost another $20,000? Then get a job between sophomore and junior year, full-time, and earn the money. You can transfer a year later and pay for room and board.

So what’s wrong with this plan? It’s a way to graduate from college with a debt of a few thousand dollars, if that, and not expect the working class to pat for it.
ummm who pays for pell grants?

We can do this all day.

Want to know how to be a bank without having to get your failed institute bailed out?

Next.
Are you taking all those billions of dollars The Worthless Negro gave to the Wall Street banks to bail them out?

I'm glad you think this way.

No more Federal bail outs, welfare, grants, subsidies or entitlements.

Only a little over half of all college freshmen actually graduate.

So why the hell should anyone pay for people who chose to get loans and then drop out?

I financed my college and law school education with...
The GI Bill ( a monthly check for $175 while class was in session),
Worked full time at night as a security guard,
A small family loan ($250),
A grant from the state of PA ($1,000),
A small, one-time student loan,
Some employer participation (paid for specific courses).

I graduated law school with no student debt. I got my first two years at Community College, and had no trouble transferring every credit to Univ of Pittsburgh. I did not live on campus, ever. Wouldn't dream of it.

College is MUCH, MUCH more expensive these days, but working class yoots should employ all of the things I did to get through it.

I got though college without debt by a combination of three things:

1. Money I had saved.

2. Working part time.

3. GI bill (money earned elsewhere)

My son also (much more recently) completed college debt free by using the same combination.

I financed my college and law school education with...
The GI Bill ( a monthly check for $175 while class was in session),
Worked full time at night as a security guard,
A small family loan ($250),
A grant from the state of PA ($1,000),
A small, one-time student loan,
Some employer participation (paid for specific courses).

I graduated law school with no student debt. I got my first two years at Community College, and had no trouble transferring every credit to Univ of Pittsburgh. I did not live on campus, ever. Wouldn't dream of it.

College is MUCH, MUCH more expensive these days, but working class yoots should employ all of the things I did to get through it.

I know a lot of people who had a business that failed. No one bailed them out. Businesses should quit crying to constantly get tax payer money.

I got though college without debt by a combination of three things:

1. Money I had saved.

2. Working part time.

3. GI bill (money earned elsewhere)

My son also (much more recently) completed college debt free by using the same combination.

Is the GI Bill not paid for by the tax payers?

Include an increase in minimum wage to $15 which will allow College students to earn $9000 over the summer. Income spent on education should be tax free

Or, have college students do a job that's actually worth $15 or better.

I know a lot of people who had a business that failed. No one bailed them out. Businesses should quit crying to constantly get tax payer money.
Exactly. Why should i pay for someone elses failure?

When doing my degree I was told that 80% of people were capable of getting a degree but they did not know it with the but they did not know it being the reason they did not try,
They told you wrong. The average IQ is 100, meaning that half the people have IQs below 100. They are not college-material.

Forum List

Back