Hey Libs!

Son? Just ADMIT that you're Cut N' Paste campaign failed and move on?

Son?

Are you aware Ronald Reagan was not a founding father? Because what has culminated from a few of his comments created this whole narrative that government is the evil in our lives. Then our founding fathers were wrong, and Reagan was right, because our founding fathers created a government, not a corporation or a private entity.

Our founding fathers treated corporations like evil entities. They heavily regulated them, forbid them from influencing the political process, held their shareholders personally liable for any harm they caused to the people and would only issue charters for them to exist if their purpose was a benefit to the people.

So NOW your on the defense of corporations when YOU have been one of those that sees them as evil as well? You are one mixed-up Son-Of-A-Bitch. :cuckoo:

HOW am I defending corporations? BTW, do you have access to a remedial reading program? If so, I suggest you take it.

The Decline of Corporate Income Tax Revenues — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

■The share that corporate tax revenues comprise of total federal tax revenues also has collapsed, falling from an average of 28 percent of federal revenues in the 1950s and 21 percent in the 1960s to an average of about 10 percent since the 1980s.
■The effective corporate tax rate — that is, the percentage of corporate profits that is paid in federal corporate income taxes — has followed a similar pattern. During the 1990s, corporations as a group paid an average of 25.3 percent of their profits in federal corporate income taxes, according to new Congressional Research Service estimates. By contrast, they paid more than 49 percent in the 1950s, 38 percent in the 1960s, and 33 percent in the 1970s.
■Corporate income tax revenues are lower in the United States than in most European countries. According to data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, total federal and state corporate income tax revenues in the United States in 2000, measured as a share of the economy, were about one-quarter less than the average for other OECD member countries. Thirty-five years ago, the opposite was true — corporations in the United States bore a heavier burden than their European counterparts.

These are the facts folks and you can either face them or live in fantasy land
If corporations are paying the lowest tax rates in history why are they fleeing overseas?
What is our government spending, in relation to the GDP, compared to the 50s, 60s and 70s?

2 questions.
2 answers.
No spin.

Go!!

The Decline of Corporate Income Tax Revenues — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

■The share that corporate tax revenues comprise of total federal tax revenues also has collapsed, falling from an average of 28 percent of federal revenues in the 1950s and 21 percent in the 1960s to an average of about 10 percent since the 1980s.
■The effective corporate tax rate — that is, the percentage of corporate profits that is paid in federal corporate income taxes — has followed a similar pattern. During the 1990s, corporations as a group paid an average of 25.3 percent of their profits in federal corporate income taxes, according to new Congressional Research Service estimates. By contrast, they paid more than 49 percent in the 1950s, 38 percent in the 1960s, and 33 percent in the 1970s.
■Corporate income tax revenues are lower in the United States than in most European countries. According to data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, total federal and state corporate income tax revenues in the United States in 2000, measured as a share of the economy, were about one-quarter less than the average for other OECD member countries. Thirty-five years ago, the opposite was true — corporations in the United States bore a heavier burden than their European counterparts.

If corporations are paying the lowest tax rates in history why are they fleeing overseas?
What is our government spending, in relation to the GDP, compared to the 50s, 60s and 70s?

2 questions.
2 answers.
No spin.

Go!!

Corporations are not fleeing overseas, their jobs are. Can you imagine a CEO living in the squalor their wages support? Corporations are not citizens. They have no patriotism. Their religion is their bottom line, not America or it's people. THAT is what government OF the people, BY the people and FOR the people's role is..

Son? Just ADMIT that you're Cut N' Paste campaign failed and move on?

Son?

Are you aware Ronald Reagan was not a founding father? Because what has culminated from a few of his comments created this whole narrative that government is the evil in our lives. Then our founding fathers were wrong, and Reagan was right, because our founding fathers created a government, not a corporation or a private entity.

Our founding fathers treated corporations like evil entities. They heavily regulated them, forbid them from influencing the political process, held their shareholders personally liable for any harm they caused to the people and would only issue charters for them to exist if their purpose was a benefit to the people.

Ronald Reagan knew the power of the free market...as did the Founders...LIBERTY

And when you find proof that the founders were against free trade and commerce? let us know?

If our founders were free marketeers, there should be volumes of their writing that supports it. Wouldn't they have written Reagan's beloved corporations into the Constitution?

But the TRUTH is:

A word that appears nowhere in the Constitution is "corporation," for the writers had no interest in using for-profit corporations to run their new government. In colonial times, corporations were tools of the king's oppression, chartered for the purpose of exploiting the so-called "New World" and shoveling wealth back into Europe. The rich formed joint-stock corporations to distribute the enormous risk of colonizing the Americas and gave them names like the Hudson Bay Company, the British East India Company, and the Massachusetts Bay Colony. Because they were so far from their sovereign - the king - the agents for these corporations had a lot of autonomy to do their work; they could pass laws, levy taxes, and even raise armies to manage and control property and commerce. They were not popular with the colonists.

So the Constitution's authors left control of corporations to state legislatures (10th Amendment), where they would get the closest supervision by the people. Early corporate charters were explicit about what a corporation could do, how, for how long, with whom, where, and when. Corporations could not own stock in other corporations, and they were prohibited from any part of the political process. Individual stockholders were held personally liable for any harms done in the name of the corporation, and most charters only lasted for 10 or 15 years. But most importantly, in order to receive the profit-making privileges the shareholders sought, their corporations had to represent a clear benefit for the public good, such a building a road, canal, or bridge. And when corporations violated any of these terms, their charters were frequently revoked by the state legislatures.

That sounds nothing like the corporations of today.

2 questions.
2 answers.
No spin.

Go!!

Corporations are not fleeing overseas, their jobs are. Can you imagine a CEO living in the squalor their wages support? Corporations are not citizens. They have no patriotism. Their religion is their bottom line, not America or it's people. THAT is what government OF the people, BY the people and FOR the people's role is..

Yeah, damn companies, trying to make a profit; How Unamerican!!

Your stupidity never ceases to astonish me.

Just when the U.S. Treasury needs the money most, American companies are finding new ways to shift profits to overseas tax havens and legally avoid paying the U.S. tax rate of 35 percent - among the highest in the world.

Those companies say they are doing what they must to compete in the global economy and please their shareholders. But others feel the companies are getting an unfair break by moving business to places like Switzerland and Ireland.

Lesley Stahl reports on the debate for a "60 Minutes" story to be broadcast Sunday, March 27 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

2 questions.
2 answers.
No spin.

Go!!

You mean they're NOT moving their corporate offices offshore to dodge taxes?
They're NOT re-incorporating in other countries???
:cuckoo:

2 questions.
2 answers.
No spin.

Go!!

Just when the U.S. Treasury needs the money most, American companies are finding new ways to shift profits to overseas tax havens and legally avoid paying the U.S. tax rate of 35 percent - among the highest in the world.

Those companies say they are doing what they must to compete in the global economy and please their shareholders. But others feel the companies are getting an unfair break by moving business to places like Switzerland and Ireland.

Lesley Stahl reports on the debate for a "60 Minutes" story to be broadcast Sunday, March 27 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Well here's my solution...tax the living fuck out of corporations. If they want the PRIVILEGE of living in America, they must pay it. If they don't like it, let the CEO's and executives go live in the squalor and bile their wages support. They want their cake and eat it too...fuck them.

Well here's my solution...tax the living fuck out of corporations. If they want the PRIVILEGE of living in America, they must pay it. If they don't like it, let the CEO's and executives go live in the squalor and bile their wages support. They want their cake and eat it too...fuck them.

How did you make your living. Do you live in squalor and bile?

The squalor in Switzerland?

yeah that will show'em.:lol:

Bfgrn works in the Bureau of Regulating the Agency of Regulations

2 questions.
2 answers.
No spin.

Go!!

You mean they're NOT moving their corporate offices offshore to dodge taxes?
They're NOT re-incorporating in other countries???
:cuckoo:

Some are. The Cayman Islands is ripe with tax shelters.

You know what...maybe if we lick corporation's assholes, and eat the little balls of toilet paper caught in the hairs of their ass, they will create jobs in America, otherwise, the American workers will have to learn to survive on THESE wages:

040927_1.gif

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482

I'm talking about outsourced jobs and the conditions they create...try to keep up.

Bfgrn works in the Bureau of Regulating the Agency of Regulations

You sound like a Yes, Minister fan

I'm talking about outsourced jobs and the conditions they create...try to keep up.

I'll tell ya what: go live in a country with NO jobs, and tell us all about the squalor and bile in a country WITH jobs.

Can't answer the question?

The squalor in Switzerland?

yeah that will show'em.:lol:

Yeah..real tax haven that Switzerland..I tell you what..:lol:

Corporate taxes are double taxation on the shareholders and job killers. The ideal corporate tax rate is zero.

Total bullshit.
You pool your money with someone else. The pool pays taxes and you do again. That is double taxation no matter how much bull you want to spin. No one should have to pay tax on the same investment income twice.

Different revenue streams supported by totally different infrastructure. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And I don't know what you guys have against paying taxes. Taxes are as American as The United States Constitution.

Not paying taxes is like Commie. Wait..it is commie.

Forum List

Back