Hey Libs!

Well here's my solution...tax the living fuck out of corporations. If they want the PRIVILEGE of living in America, they must pay it. If they don't like it, let the CEO's and executives go live in the squalor and bile their wages support. They want their cake and eat it too...fuck them.

The squalor in Switzerland?

yeah that will show'em.:lol:

Yeah..real tax haven that Switzerland..I tell you what..:lol:

Um....yeah: Maybe you should try at least reading a page of the thread in which you're posting....here, I'll help bring you up to speed:

Just when the U.S. Treasury needs the money most, American companies are finding new ways to shift profits to overseas tax havens and legally avoid paying the U.S. tax rate of 35 percent - among the highest in the world.

Those companies say they are doing what they must to compete in the global economy and please their shareholders. But others feel the companies are getting an unfair break by moving business to places like Switzerland and Ireland.

Lesley Stahl reports on the debate for a "60 Minutes" story to be broadcast Sunday, March 27 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Corporations are not fleeing overseas, their jobs are. Can you imagine a CEO living in the squalor their wages support? Corporations are not citizens. They have no patriotism. Their religion is their bottom line, not America or it's people. THAT is what government OF the people, BY the people and FOR the people's role is..
You mean they're NOT moving their corporate offices offshore to dodge taxes?
They're NOT re-incorporating in other countries???
:cuckoo:

Some are. The Cayman Islands is ripe with tax shelters.

You know what...maybe if we lick corporation's assholes, and eat the little balls of toilet paper caught in the hairs of their ass, they will create jobs in America, otherwise, the American workers will have to learn to survive on THESE wages:

(pic removed for space)

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482
And off we go to the other extreme.....

Is there no middle ground?
:eusa_hand:

Youse guys watch the John Stossel special on Fox News? The number one news source in America. Welldidyahuh?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ummm.....whats "The Factor"? You mean that reich-wing, kool-aid drinking, program on a network owned by a foreigner (Murdoch)? LOLOL

589m.gif
are you asking a question?

You mean they're NOT moving their corporate offices offshore to dodge taxes?
They're NOT re-incorporating in other countries???

Some are. The Cayman Islands is ripe with tax shelters.

You know what...maybe if we lick corporation's assholes, and eat the little balls of toilet paper caught in the hairs of their ass, they will create jobs in America, otherwise, the American workers will have to learn to survive on THESE wages:

(pic removed for space)

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482
And off we go to the other extreme.....

Is there no middle ground?
:eusa_hand:

Sure....It's time to end the plutocracy. Reaganomics was a Trojan Horse for a new Gilded Age. The American people need to take back their country from the opulent. First, eliminate the Bush era tax breaks for the wealthy. Then, Congress should take President Obama's lead and lower the corporate tax rates, but only to 30%, and close all tax loopholes. Then create an incentive laden program of corporate tax breaks based on domestic jobs created. The government needs to pass a progressive and comprehensive energy bill, stop subsidizing dirty energy and invest in only clean, renewable sources. The dirty energy cartels are not creating any new jobs, they are eliminating them, i.e. coal mining. And worst of all, they are eliminating human life and externalizing their costs onto all of us. They are killing 10 times more Americans every year than the terrorists did on 9/11, and they are poisoning our air, our streams and our people.

To get through the current revenue crisis in states, institute a temporary tax on any income over $1 million dollars. The top 1% have been the only beneficiaries of Reaganomics and the Wall Street bubble and bust economy. Now it's time for them to pay the people back.

The DOJ needs to identify and arrest every bankers and fund managers responsible for the collapse of our economy and the evaporation of the savings and retirements of honest hard working Americans. They should be given a choice; life in prison or stay in their multi-million dollar positions, be forced to work to help main street America recover, and forfeit all their salary to pay back the American people. They will be paid minimum wage with no benefits, just like many Americans face.

Our founding fathers were not 'free marketeers' or Ayn Rand narcissists. They were men who valued honor and honesty. They created a government where the people are the shareholders, not a private entity or a corporation where only a handful benefit.

We see by the way our founders governed, they heavily regulated and controlled corporations. They considered any corporate owner or shareholder earning the people's money a privilege, not a right.

Umm....
You DO realized that Barack Obama signed an Executive Order to keep GTMO open, right?!
How is that being obstructed from closing it?

In the next paragraph you try to tell me that the most powerful democratic politician in office has no control over his democratically controlled congress??????

I'm not researching for an answer to a question I posed to you.
I repeat my question;
Can you tell me something that he has been honest about?

I already told you what he has been "honest" about. He has kept 137 of his campaign promises, compromised on 41 of them, has 219 of them in the works, 70 stalled and has broken 40. That's a pretty good track record for a first term.

Just what do you propose the President DO to close GITMO in the face of the obstructionism?

Oh, and the Dems NEVER had a "super majority" like the right wingers like to say they did. You can't simply discount the Blue Dogs and folks like Lieberman. Just because they have a (D) after their name does not mean they operate in lock step like the Republicans always did. (Now that the Tea Baggers are "in the house", the Republicans know what that feels like) :D

That has got to be the all time wimpiest, whiningest, cop out of crap I've ever seen on this board. EVER.:lol::lol::lol:

Right...but you can't counter anything I said with facts can you? Of course you can't because I speak the truth. President Obama has been faced with historic and unprecedented obstructionism from the GnOP. The Democrats NEVER has a supermajority. They always had the Ben Nelsons, Blanch Lincolns, Joe Liebermans and the Susan Colins of the spectrum that don't follow the marching orders. Republicans always marched in perfect lock step with whatever Chimpy McCokespoon or ***** Cheney wanted to do. Dems don't do that. Trying to get Democrats to agree is like trying to herd cats made of jello.

I already told you what he has been "honest" about. He has kept 137 of his campaign promises, compromised on 41 of them, has 219 of them in the works, 70 stalled and has broken 40. That's a pretty good track record for a first term.

Just what do you propose the President DO to close GITMO in the face of the obstructionism?

Oh, and the Dems NEVER had a "super majority" like the right wingers like to say they did. You can't simply discount the Blue Dogs and folks like Lieberman. Just because they have a (D) after their name does not mean they operate in lock step like the Republicans always did. (Now that the Tea Baggers are "in the house", the Republicans know what that feels like) :D

That has got to be the all time wimpiest, whiningest, cop out of crap I've ever seen on this board. EVER.:lol::lol::lol:

Right...but you can't counter anything I said with facts can you? Of course you can't because I speak the truth. President Obama has been faced with historic and unprecedented obstructionism from the GnOP. The Democrats NEVER has a supermajority. They always had the Ben Nelsons, Blanch Lincolns, Joe Liebermans and the Susan Colins of the spectrum that don't follow the marching orders. Republicans always marched in perfect lock step with whatever Chimpy McCokespoon or ***** Cheney wanted to do. Dems don't do that. Trying to get Democrats to agree is like trying to herd cats made of jello.

It's not the Republicans fault that your wimpy assed demonRats won't stand with you,, cry us a fucking river whydoncya? You had the supermajority.

Total bullshit.
You pool your money with someone else. The pool pays taxes and you do again. That is double taxation no matter how much bull you want to spin. No one should have to pay tax on the same investment income twice.

Different revenue streams supported by totally different infrastructure. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Telling me that paying taxes on the same money twice isn't double taxation doesn't burst anything but the illusion you can count. 1+1=1. Got it.

And I don't know what you guys have against paying taxes. Taxes are as American as The United States Constitution.
Once again the brain dead liberal black and white our choices are support endless spending on everything and endless tax hikes or paying zero taxes. Why are those our only choices and what made you God to be able to tell us those are our only polar extreme choices?

Not paying taxes is like Commie. Wait..it is commie.

Corporations are not fleeing overseas, their jobs are. Can you imagine a CEO living in the squalor their wages support? Corporations are not citizens. They have no patriotism. Their religion is their bottom line, not America or it's people. THAT is what government OF the people, BY the people and FOR the people's role is..

I'm always curious why liberals hate money so much yet want to control all of it and they hate corporations so much then blast them for leaving. You should be happy and end all barriers so they leave. If they go to Bermuda, aren't they just going to make Bermuda poor?

It's not the Republicans fault that your wimpy assed demonRats won't stand with you,, cry us a fucking river whydoncya? You had the supermajority.

LOL...no, there was NEVER a "supermajority". Saying it over and over doesn't make it true nor does it change the historic obstructionism of the GnOP during the last Congress. It also does not change the things that President Obama was able to accomplish despite that unprecedented obstructionism.

Tell you what though, if the GnOP keeps up with their ridiculous crap like having hearings on "radical Islam" and trying to take away workers rights to collectively bargain, you will see an ACTUAL supermajority of Democrats in the near future. :D

LOL...no, there was NEVER a "supermajority". Saying it over and over doesn't make it true nor does it change the historic obstructionism of the GnOP during the last Congress. It also does not change the things that President Obama was able to accomplish despite that unprecedented obstructionism.

Tell you what though, if the GnOP keeps up with their ridiculous crap like having hearings on "radical Islam" and trying to take away workers rights to collectively bargain, you will see an ACTUAL supermajority of Democrats in the near future. :D

Republicans cannot obstruct a supermajority. That's a fact Jack.

Our founding fathers were not 'free marketeers' or Ayn Rand narcissists. They were men who valued honor and honesty. They created a government where the people are the shareholders, not a private entity or a corporation where only a handful benefit.

We see by the way our founders governed, they heavily regulated and controlled corporations. They considered any corporate owner or shareholder earning the people's money a privilege, not a right.

This needs to be repeated over and over again. And despite all her mumbo jumbo about free thinking..what she was really yearning was a return to a Russian style aristocracy.

Republicans cannot obstruct a supermajority. That's a fact Jack.

Sure they can and did. With a record number of filibusters. And it shouldn't take a super majority to pass every freakin bill in congress.

I'm always curious why liberals hate money so much yet want to control all of it and they hate corporations so much then blast them for leaving. You should be happy and end all barriers so they leave. If they go to Bermuda, aren't they just going to make Bermuda poor?

Liberals don't hate money. They just don't worship it like Conservatives do. For Liberals, money is a means to an end. To Conservatives, money is the total goal. It's like a religion for Conservatives.

The squalor in Switzerland?

yeah that will show'em.:lol:

Um....yeah: Maybe you should try at least reading a page of the thread in which you're posting....here, I'll help bring you up to speed:

Just when the U.S. Treasury needs the money most, American companies are finding new ways to shift profits to overseas tax havens and legally avoid paying the U.S. tax rate of 35 percent - among the highest in the world.

Those companies say they are doing what they must to compete in the global economy and please their shareholders. But others feel the companies are getting an unfair break by moving business to places like Switzerland and Ireland.

Lesley Stahl reports on the debate for a "60 Minutes" story to be broadcast Sunday, March 27 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

And?

Ireland is in huge financial trouble. Switzerland isn't so hot on personal taxes..or "freedom". You would not get away with half the shit you get away with here...in Switzerland. Don't you ever wonder why or how the cities and streets are so clean?

Liberals don't hate money. They just don't worship it like Conservatives do. For Liberals, money is a means to an end. To Conservatives, money is the total goal. It's like a religion for Conservatives.

What a load o crapola.

And?

Ireland is in huge financial trouble. Switzerland isn't so hot on personal taxes..or "freedom". You would not get away with half the shit you get away with here...in Switzerland. Don't you ever wonder why or how the cities and streets are so clean?

The point is that Switzerland and Ireland are hardly the "squalid" places that Bfgrn expects corporations to be moving their executive addresses.

If you read only a fraction of the thread, I wouldn't need to bring you up to speed.

Ironic, you whine about black and white arguments, then you provide them...LOL

I'm sick of these black and white discussions with liberals who then criticize the right for being black and white.

I have no problem with anyone making lots and lots of money. But if you understand that all markets are constructed, you are off to a clear start.

A true free market 'could' exist, or may have existed in the distant past in a local economy where all goods are locally produced and every participant lives in the same area, shares the same air, water and food source. Then the urge to cheat your neighbors would be self moderated. And any outlier would be ostracized.

Then an understanding of cost externalization will help you comprehend what our founding fathers believed; you can't get rich on the American people by making other Americans poor. When costs are externalized, it is a form of socialism. When that happens, it breaking the rules of a free market.

Do you understand any of this, or do I need to explain?

Forum List

Back