Hey Moderates - Would You Vote For a Conservative Candidate ...

If you are a moderate, would you vote for a conservative just because he's a real conservative?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
FTR, I would vote for a conservative candidate, but not just because he's a "real" conservative.

Could be wrong on this, but I thought the argument was that, if a "true" (pure) conservative ran, the GOP would not need moderates because all the "true" conservatives would come out of hiding and flock to the ballot box, swamping the Democrat.

Is that wrong?

Just because? No.

But that goes for any candidate for whom I would consider voting, regardless of party affiliation...

Of course moderates must bear the greatest blame for what has happen to the GOP, where they lack either the will or ability to take the Party back from the far and extreme right who misappropriated it some 45 years ago.

There are no moderates on this board. The liberals all claim they are moderates while espousing the liberal party line.

A "real" conservative bleevs there is no poverty in America, and therefore no need for SNAP.

A "real" conservative bleevs Obama is Muslim who wants Iran to get The Bomb.

A "real" conservative bleevs Benghazi was the greatest American disaster in 6,000 years.

A "real" conservative bleevs ObamaCare has Death Panlz™.

A "real" conservative bleevs Mexicans and ISIS brought Ebola to America and there's a plague on.

A "real" conservative bleevs dead illegal Mexicans are voting by the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, every election.

A "real" conservative bleevs the woman who voted SIX TIMES for Obama in Ohio would have been stopped by Voter ID, even though Ohio has had Voter ID since 2006.

A "real" conservative bleevs the GOP lost in 2012 "because gifts" and because they didn't get their "real" conservative game on.

I'll vote for Rand Paul. Right now, he's about the only one.

Of course moderates must bear the greatest blame for what has happen to the GOP, where they lack either the will or ability to take the Party back from the far and extreme right who misappropriated it some 45 years ago.

Before I burst out laughing I just want to double check, are you saying the current GOP speaker of the House and Senate majority leader are the far and extreme right? :laugh: Sorry I could not hold it back.

A "real" conservative bleevs TH3 GAYZ have an agenda that involves dogs marrying pedophiles.

A "real" conservative bleevs not getting caught in a lie is the same thing as telling the truth.

A "real" conservative bleevs all Muslims have half a dozen suicide vests in their closets.

A "real" conservative bleevs blacks were happier back on the plantation.

A "real" conservative bleevs the Confederacy was "dimocrat" slavers who were awesome patriots who dared defend their rights. KA-BOOM! That's a "real" conservative's noggin asploding from cognitive dissonance.

Last edited:
... Just because he's a "real" conservative?

That seems to be the argument some conservatives are making.

Far Right can t win for GOP ...BS Page 17 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

If you are a moderate, please vote so we can find out.

Please define a 'real' conservative for this exercise.

There are genuine conservatives in the old school mold like Kasich and Huntsman.

Then there are the extremist conservatives who have swallowed the Koch bros Libertarian Kool Aid.

I could see myself voting for a Kasich or a Huntsman who fit the genuine conservative pattern.

FYI Jeb Bush is the exception here because although he does appear to have genuine conservative credentials he has hired 19 of his father and brother's advisers. Once was enough, the second was a painful imposition and the 3rd time would just be masochism.

... Just because he's a "real" conservative?

That seems to be the argument some conservatives are making.

Far Right can t win for GOP ...BS Page 17 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

If you are a moderate, please vote so we can find out.

Please define a 'real' conservative for this exercise.

There are genuine conservatives in the old school mold like Kasich and Huntsman.

Then there are the extremist conservatives who have swallowed the Koch bros Libertarian Kool Aid.

I could see myself voting for a Kasich or a Huntsman who fit the genuine conservative pattern.

FYI Jeb Bush is the exception here because although he does appear to have genuine conservative credentials he has hired 19 of his father and brother's advisers. Once was enough, the second was a painful imposition and the 3rd time would just be masochism.

I'm merely reiterating an argument conservatives make. Ask them.

There are no moderates on this board. The liberals all claim they are moderates while espousing the liberal party line.

People self-identify themselves as either liberals, conservatives or moderates. Typically, liberals are 15%-25% of the vote, conservatives 30%-40% of the vote, and moderates the rest. I'm interested in those who identify themselves as moderates.

If, as you contend, moderates are merely liberals, then surely the idea that a more conservative candidate would be even less appealing to moderates.

Boss says otherwise. Boss says that moderates are really conservatives. I'm sure that's news to most moderates, me included.

“Please define a 'real' conservative for this exercise.”

Eisenhower, Goldwater, Javits, Brooke – republicans who were pragmatists, consevative but not ideologues, advocates of sound, responsible governance; not the reckless, irresponsible nonsense we see from the right today that resulted in the sequester, the credit rating downgrade, and shutting down the Federal government, all unthinkable some 40 years ago.

Could be wrong on this, but I thought the argument was that, if a "true" (pure) conservative ran, the GOP would not need moderates because all the "true" conservatives would come out of hiding and flock to the ballot box, swamping the Democrat.

Is that wrong?

Yeah, that's the bullshit mantra I hear on Hannity's radio show everyday.

FTR, I would vote for a conservative candidate, but not just because he's a "real" conservative.
My answer is no and then the question is, what is a "real conservative"? Who are some examples of "real conservatives"?

Forum List

Back