Zone1 Hi im new

Even the founding fathers knew that government - at best - was a necessary evil. I'm not actually sure that even they loved their government and they founded it. There does exist a healthy medium between anarchist and loving government. It's called holding them accountable. Something we haven't really shown an ability to do since most people see them as they see their favorite football team instead of what they really are which are public servants.
Government in the abstract. I bet you're confusing the group called 'framers' with the founders. To love a necessary evil that keeps one safe and secure is makes a polity exist and survive

I hold things and people I love accountable. You seem a bit to confused here for me to post seriously with you

Government in the abstract. I bet you're confusing the group called 'framers' with the founders. To love a necessary evil that keeps one safe and secure is makes a polity exist and survive

I hold things and people I love accountable. You seem a bit to confused here for me to post seriously with you
If that's how you really feel about me - putting aside the fact that that is a textbook example of the dunning effect - then don't respond to me anymore. Because if you do, it would belie your statement.

You hold things and people you love accountable? That's a really weird thing to say. First of all I'm not sure how you hold a thing accountable. Secondly you didn't even mention yourself. I would have mentioned myself before I mentioned the people I love. Plus I didn't see you say you hold the government or Democratic Party accountable which is weird because that's what we were talking about in the other thread; lack of accountability.

I'm not confused at all about what I wrote:
"Even the founding fathers knew that government - at best - was a necessary evil. I'm not actually sure that even they loved their government and they founded it. There does exist a healthy medium between anarchist and loving government. It's called holding them accountable. Something we haven't really shown an ability to do since most people see them as they see their favorite football team instead of what they really are which are public servants."
If you want to muddy the waters by nit picking framers versus founding fathers, that's your prerogative but the point stands either way. So maybe you are confused. You've already demonstrated your unwillingness to hold the Democratic Party accountable for failing to apologize for their racist heritage.

So you just graduated to high school?
Congrats young man.
No. I left High School after three weeks into the 10th grade. I was one of the most intelligent students. I ended up being friends with and debating grad students at most of the Universities in Boston area. I was gifted. I doubt we would have become friends. i had no time for dolts, bullies, and pseudo-intellectuals

autodidacts rule!

Hi I'm new here and was told this is where the cool kids hangout. I usually don't do social media but this place doesn't seem as toxic and liberal. I'm not conservative nor liberal I just hate the government. 😁 let's have intelligent and insightful conversations.

I don't think I've ever come across a cool person here.

Intelligent and insightful conversations are even harder to find than cool people.

Forum List

Back