🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hi, I'm Randy Thompson

Domestic companies. Forcing people to sell their land for the use of a foreign company is nonsense. Find a way to go around them.

"Eminent domain is the power to take private property for public use, by a state or a national government. However, it can be legislatively delegated by the state to municipalities, government subdivisions, or even private persons or corporations, when they are authorized to exercise the functions of public character.

The property may be taken either for government use or by delegation to third parties, who will devote it to public or civic use or, in some cases, to economic development. The most common uses of property taken by eminent domain are for government buildings and other facilities, public utilities, highways, and railroads."
Reservation lands are not private lands. The are lands owned by the tribes which are sovereign nations. Treaties stipulate they have to be treated as such.

That is why the pipeline does not cross any reservation lands.
I have not seen the map that shows the exact detailed route that shows the pipeline avoiding all "allotment" and trust lands, have you? Do you have a link to that map? And how does that claim hold up when the tribe has never accepted the borders of the 1910 treaty to be a valid treaty. The treaty that was voted on and approved by the tribe was changed by congress three times without seeking further approval or voting from the tribe. This means the tribe still maintains the pre 1910 boundaries. If their argument holds up the pipe line absolutely crosses reservation land.

As I previously stated, If they are paying the property taxes, they own the land. If someone else is paying those taxes, their claim to the land is useless. If the state or the federal government owns the land, It is a toss up.

I gave you the wording of the legislation that exempts Tribal land from property tax ... are you really THIS dumb?

oh yeah, you are.

go study dumbass ..

Tribal lands held in trust by the federal government are not subject to property tax, just as federal forest serviceslands are not, because states cannot tax federal lands. This lack of a property tax base is made up by the federalgovernment. Counties in Montana are given Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT) monies to offset these tribal taxexempt lands within their boundaries. Additionally, K-12 public schools located within reservation boundaries areprovided Impact Aid which assists local school districts that have lost property tax revenue due to the presence of tax-exempt federal property, or that have experienced increased expenditures due to the enrollment of federallyconnected children, including children living on American Indian lands. The Impact Aid law provides funds todistricts with concentrations of children on American Indian lands, military bases, or other federal properties.

typical Republicans ... willing to give up another mans property .. as long as it doesn't effect them.

I fully support the Keystone pipeline, but I absolutely oppose forcing landowners to let the pipeline cross their lands.

No fricking hippie is ever going to convince me that Keystone XL is a bad thing. But a landowning cowboy can.

Its funny that this is the first time we are hearing about all this crap, and yet there are tens of thousands of existing miles of pipeline crossing tens of thousands of miles of land, some of it private property that has been condemned.

This guy will also fight you if you want to force him to construct a wetland to protect the snot-nosed bugger lizard on his property, I wonder how many environmentalists would support him then.

Keystone is about that "sucking sound" coming from the north, this time, and the goods going out to sea in the south instead of being a homegrown-home sold product.

Way to stick on topic dumbass.

So basically you support nothing ever getting done involving massive public works.

Not hardly. Taking land from a private citizen and handing it over to a corporation; domestic or foreign, is not a just reason to invoke eminent domain in my opinion.

Back in the 90's the mayor of Pittsburgh proposed redeveloping the 5th and Forbes corridor downtown by the use of eminent domain. It went over like stone furniture. Eminent domain is for highways and bridges not Tiffany's.

I support the pipeline but if these folks want the pipe to not cross their land then they should not be forced to do so.

Its also used for power lines, which are owned by companies, railroads, which are owned by companies, and has been used for plenty of other utility lines which are owned by companies.

Domestic companies. Forcing people to sell their land for the use of a foreign company is nonsense. Find a way to go around them.

In this day and age the domestic/international line has been blurred. Besides, Its fucking CANADA, they are like our maple syrup loving cousins.

Though I do love Canada and it's people your argument isn't exactly very compelling.

The argument that eminent domain has been used for utilities in the past is, as well as the fact is has been used for cross border power lines from Canada.

I fully support the Keystone pipeline, but I absolutely oppose forcing landowners to let the pipeline cross their lands.

No fricking hippie is ever going to convince me that Keystone XL is a bad thing. But a landowning cowboy can.

Its funny that this is the first time we are hearing about all this crap, and yet there are tens of thousands of existing miles of pipeline crossing tens of thousands of miles of land, some of it private property that has been condemned.

This guy will also fight you if you want to force him to construct a wetland to protect the snot-nosed bugger lizard on his property, I wonder how many environmentalists would support him then.

unlike Republicans on this board i'll tell both sides of the story regardless ....

in the last 40 years pipe line spills are VERY rare .. FACT !

however .. Keystone recorded 14 spills in their first year, 11 of which I have on record ... just ask.

Size of the spills? reason, location? were they contained? were they cleaned up?

Day-yum! Well, they actually revised their article. So I posted the bullet points below of the top leaseholders.

The biggest foreign lease holder in Canada’s oil sands isn’t Exxon Mobil or Chevron. It’s the Koch brothers.
The biggest foreign lease holder in Canada s oil sands isn t Exxon Mobil or Chevron. It s the Koch brothers. - The Washington Post

Cenovus Energy (Canada) 1.57 million* (includes rights to an air weapons range)

Athabasca Oil Corp. (Canada) 1.56 million**

Koch (U.S.) 1.12 million to 1.47 million***

Canadian Natural Resources (Canada) 1 million*

Suncor (Canada) 986,000****
Well whaddaya know?!!! :shock: Now we know who The GObP works for and it aint their voters.

Silliness. The Koch's are voters as are the peeps who work for them, their families, and the rest of us who benefit from American capitalism and corporate ingenuity.
Leftists seem to resent all of that. My response:
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Forum List

Back