High Court Homophobia

The damage caused by firearms is a Red Herring.

Nothing more, nothing less

-Geaux

And the damage caused by 2 people of the same sex entering into a legal civil union called marriage is.....?

Even Supreme Court justices can fail to understand the issues of a case; with regard to the conservative justices, it's likely willful ignorance.

At that highest level, ideally, the justices should be beyond that.

The moderate justices use logic and reason, asking smart questions.

The Con judges embrace some old school Catholic mentality. That has no place in a hight court.
I still dont understand why gays insist on marriage when a civil union does the same thing. Protecting assets... When we the people voted in the past it was always against even in California.
CIvil Union would have been acceptable...but it was the RW in many states that shot that one down.
You have some links because I am unaware of that? And who could be against that? Its just two people building a life together ? And protecting the other if one dies... But to me a marriage is supposed to be between a man and a women That's it

And believe me I am not a homophobic a few of my best friends are lesbos, they are so cool. They just talk about normal stuff, they just want to be accepted on who they are, they are funny, they tell just because they like girls Don't mean they are a man and still need help. Which to me is so sweet.

Really? You don't understand why gays wouldn't want to be relegated to 2nd class citizen status? Let me ask you a question...Did the same water come out of both of these fountains?

segregated%20fountains.jpg

It did. The exact same water came out of both of those fountains.

The same does not hold true for civil unions and civil marriage.

Marriage vs Civil Unions or Domestic Partnerships

Now, if you'd like to make all civil marriages civil unions, for gay and straight, that would be Constitutional. Marriage for straights, civil unions for gays would not be.

your comparison fails

Blacks didn't choose to be slaves..

Guys choose to puff peter, thus, choose to be gay

-Geaux

Except we aren't talking about slavery, we're talking about separate but equal. You've heard of it yes?

Even if your supposition were true (it's not), what difference does it make in a free society? A person chooses their religion. Does that mean they should be relegated to 2nd class citizenship as a result?

As an aside, how long have you been choosing to be straight and when did you realize you were attracted to men?
Is somebody trying to outlaw homosexuality? That isn't the topic.

Where did you get that out of my post? Oh, you didn't. You decided to throw in a non sequitur because?

Do you understand the concept of separate but equal, yes or no?
That's the part I responded to. Don't put your stupidity on me.

You responded with a non sequitur. Separate but equal had nothing to do with slavery. Obviously the answer to my question is no, you don't understand the concept.

Even Supreme Court justices can fail to understand the issues of a case; with regard to the conservative justices, it's likely willful ignorance.

The Con judges embrace some old school Catholic mentality. That has no place in a hight court.
I still dont understand why gays insist on marriage when a civil union does the same thing. Protecting assets... When we the people voted in the past it was always against even in California.

Really? You don't understand why gays wouldn't want to be relegated to 2nd class citizen status? Let me ask you a question...Did the same water come out of both of these fountains?

Now, if you'd like to make all civil marriages civil unions, for gay and straight, that would be Constitutional. Marriage for straights, civil unions for gays would not be.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

Christians chose to be Christians. Christians who make anti-gay beliefs part of their religion CHOSE to do so.

When you concede the acceptability of civil unions equal in all ways to marriage except in the use of the term marriage,

you have made the best argument for the right to same sex marriage.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

Except we aren't talking about slavery, we're talking about separate but equal. You've heard of it yes?

Even if your supposition were true (it's not), what difference does it make in a free society? A person chooses their religion. Does that mean they should be relegated to 2nd class citizenship as a result?

As an aside, how long have you been choosing to be straight and when did you realize you were attracted to men?
A free society? You mean one where people can vote on public policies? Yes, exactly what the faghaddis want to suppress by running to gay activist judges to impose standards by force.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

Gays have 2 arguments, and 2 only, for gay marriage:
1) Gays are really Negroes c.1960
2) Courts have ruled in their favor.
That's it. Every post from the gayhaddis here boils down to one or the other or both of those points. The first is wrong, the second is irrelevant.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

A free society? You mean one where people can vote on public policies? Yes, exactly what the faghaddis want to suppress by running to gay activist judges to impose standards by force.

Judges are a product of the election process. Not to mention a product of the Constitution.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

That's it. Every post from the gayhaddis here boils down to one or the other or both of those points. The first is wrong, the second is irrelevant.

Courts ruled in favor of blacks too.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

Judges are a product of the election process. Not to mention a product of the Constitution.
More stupid from the Chief Dumbbell of USMB.
Federal judges are appointed by the president, dum-dum.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

Argument 1. thanks for demonstrating my point, dum-dum.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

And approved by the Senate. The president and Senators are elected representatives.

That makes judges a product of the election process. Which is what I said. Have someone read my posts to you.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

So you condemn the decision by the Court to strike down anti-miscegenation laws?

lol, idiot.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

Christians chose to be Christians. Christians who make anti-gay beliefs part of their religion CHOSE to do so.
Good post, it could be compared to tattoos are banned in the Christian bible, which half or more the population has. But you have to draw the line somewhere don't you think?
Again I am not against gays, don't care about it, don't care if they have civil unions, just don't like The marriage part it down grades what it means to children and weirdos that want to marry sheep and god knows what

your comparison fails

-Geaux

And approved by the Senate. The president and Senators are elected representatives.

That makes judges a product of the election process. Which is what I said. Have someone read my posts to you.
By that reasoning everything is part of the election process, dum-dum. That's obviously false.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

The voters delegate the power of making judges to the President and the Senate,

just as the voters delegate the power of making laws to the President and Congress.

So you condemn the decision by the Court to strike down anti-miscegenation laws?

lol, idiot.
I do, dum-dum. Such laws would have gone by the wayside anyway, and were already well on their way.
Why do you hate democracy, dum-dum?

your comparison fails

-Geaux

The voters delegate the power of making judges to the President and the Senate,

just as the voters delegate the power of making laws to the President and Congress.
Voters do not delegate every power to officials, dum-dum. That's why there are elections and ballot initiatives.

your comparison fails

-Geaux

Good post, it could be compared to tattoos are banned in the Christian bible, which half or more the population has. But you have to draw the line somewhere don't you think?
Again I am not against gays, don't care about it, don't care if they have civil unions, just don't like they marriage part it down grades what it means to children and weirdos that want to marry sheep and god knows what

By referring to same sex marriage as downgrade proves your anti-gay bias, your claims to the contrary notwithstanding.

Forum List

Back