High Speed Rail?,So Will Alexandria Cortez & Friends Help Build This Monstrosity?

100% for high speed rail. Jobs, clean, efficient. Who are these oil company shills here? Either that or just reactionary to any forward thinking idea.

No, not apt to fall for a billion dollar project that ends up costing three billion and nobody rides. American's like the privacy and time alone in their car instead of having to rub elbows with the smelly beasts on public transits. And remember, the faster a train is going, the longer it takes to stop so if Fred and Ethel get stalled on the tracks, with a bullet train there won't even be time to get out and run.... they'll be goo, collected with a putty knife and a sponge.

:abgg2q.jpg: So the genuis Cortez is all giddy over the thought/dream of high speed rail all over the USA !!, no more long 4/5 hour flights! Yah !!!. But did she ever give thought to what a pain it would be to construct god only knows how many miles of this train project before its finally done. And who is going to build it? Building super highway systems is a pain in the ass, takes years!
Did the Genius Cortez even consider this burden/dilemma before she dreamed it up? So who will build this high speed train system? "The Little People",,while Cortez is living up a 5 start luxury life-style in 2030?
She will make Mexico pay for it

Mass transit projects make more sense than investing in walls
She is even more of dumbass than you are. I predict this silly simple minded unicorn BS will not even come up for a vote. Just when you think fascist liberals can't get any more stupid...well here we are.
No, really

Mexico will pay...you better believe it

You ever wonder that about the Wright flyer?

Idiot

Wow, who knew we had drifted back in time by over a hundred years?

Socrates-S.jpg

Thought I'd bring us back to what you Luddites are comfortable with.

Did you miss the idiot demanding to know what the payload of the solar plane was? I guess he didn't realize that the wright flyer carried a crew of ONe and barely that

Thought I'd bring us back to what you Luddites are comfortable with.

Did you miss the idiot demanding to know what the payload of the solar plane was? I guess he didn't realize that the wright flyer carried a crew of ONe and barely that

Like I said, obviously, you have drifted back in time by more than a full century. It is not my fault you only have such limited expectations.

When asked how did she plan on paying for her Great New Deal, AOC admitted that if we took all of the wealth from the wealthiest Americans and took the resources form the wealthiest companies in the US, it all would not even 'come close' to being able to pay for what is in her 'Sci-Fi Fantasy Novel'.

Again, an un-achievable goal based on non-existent technology admittedly being unaffordable even if it was physically possible.

Great Plan! :p
I'm sure that's what they said about the Iron Horse, too.

But of course, there actually is high speed rail in more developed countries. If we weren't so busy shooting each other and fighting over a stupid Wall, maybe we could build one, too.

100% for high speed rail. Jobs, clean, efficient. Who are these oil company shills here? Either that or just reactionary to any forward thinking idea.

No, not apt to fall for a billion dollar project that ends up costing three billion and nobody rides. American's like the privacy and time alone in their car instead of having to rub elbows with the smelly beasts on public transits. And remember, the faster a train is going, the longer it takes to stop so if Fred and Ethel get stalled on the tracks, with a bullet train there won't even be time to get out and run.... they'll be goo, collected with a putty knife and a sponge.
This is hilarious.
People love the privacy of their cars so much, that's why they fly all over the continental United States. A comfortable, fast and reliable system of getting from Point A to Point B (flying just isn't comfortable or even reliable anymore) would be packed. Packed.

I'm sure that's what they said about the Iron Horse, too.

You are trying to compare AOC's unachievable suggestion of an intercontinental cross-ocean NON-fossil fuel-run train to an existing rail system?!

'Nuff said......

Bwuhahahaha....

I hope that Cortez will work on giving call girls a new minimum wage of 245 dollars an hour.

This is hilarious.
People love the privacy of their cars so much, that's why they fly all over the continental United States. A comfortable, fast and reliable system of getting from Point A to Point B (flying just isn't comfortable or even reliable anymore) would be packed. Packed.
Flying is the fasted way possible to get from point A to point B at the cheapest price. There are shorter distances where you could make an argument. However the routes must be in mostly a near straight direction. We sue and litigate in this country for every thing. What is this to you? Why do you take glee in interfering in others? Trains in our nation are not money makers. And cost a lot. Even city trains and subways are heavily subsidized even though efficient there. They can not even build new subway lines today without massive costs associated to it as labor in the past is not the same as labor today.

China has 18,000 miles of High Speed Rail

High-speed rail in China - Wikipedia

I remember when we used to mock China for being a backward nation. Over the last 20 years, China has invested heavily in modern infrastructure. High Speed Rail, solar and wind power, modernized power grids

Meanwhile, the US has sold out to supply side economics and has invested in tax cuts for billionaires

This is hilarious.
Flying is the fasted way possible to get from point A to point B at the cheapest price. There are shorter distances where you could make an argument. However the routes must be in mostly a near straight direction. We sue and litigate in this country for every thing. What is this to you? Why do you take glee in interfering in others? Trains in our nation are not money makers. And cost a lot. Even city trains and subways are heavily subsidized even though efficient there. They can not even build new subway lines today without massive costs associated to it as labor in the past is not the same as labor today.
We need to prove it in our SimCity models.

Maglev underground in vacuum environments would abolish the friction of atmosphere.

I remember when we used to mock China for being a backward nation. Over the last 20 years, China has invested heavily in modern infrastructure. High Speed Rail, solar and wind power, modernized power grids

Meanwhile, the US has sold out to supply side economics and has invested in tax cuts for billionaires
China has total control to do what it wants. Not so here. And you spout like it is the world leader in pollution control.

China has total control to do what it wants. Not so here. And you spout like it is the world leader in pollution control.
Underground could follow existing freeways, and railways.

Forum List

Back