🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hijab Mysongony?

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
I mean really, some guy said women should wear a scarf on their heads for 'modesty.' Hijabs are REQUIRED by law in Saudi Arabia. Why do we have a congresswoman wearing one of these obvious male-created yokes on their heads? It represents female suppression and female sexual mutilation.

I mean really, some guy said women should wear a scarf on their heads for 'modesty.' Hijabs are REQUIRED by law in Saudi Arabia. Why do we have a congresswoman wearing one of these obvious male-created yokes on their heads? It represents female suppression and female sexual mutilation.

That thing being in Congress is a big mistake.

If it is the person's choice to wear a hijab, it's fine. If a person is forced to wear a hijab, it's not fine.

There is a certain portion of men in this world who are stupid and who, when it comes to an issue involving women, don't seem to understand the concept of choice. She decides A or she chooses B.

Men get women caught up in too much worthless crap.When I was a kid, I had to pin a tissue on my head just to enter the church. God can't see the top of my head, eh? When my Holy Mother dragged me to Rome when I was a teenager, a nun stopped me from entering St. Peter's because I was wearing a sleeveless blouse, which was bought and packed by my mother. Again with the tissues.This shit was thought up by men, but the inconvenience was dumped on women.

A Muslim woman may wear a hijab as a sign of faith, and a Jewish man may wear a yarmulke for the same reason. And it's not all about headgear. You may have a cross or Star of David dangling around your neck, if you wish.

The operative word here is "choice."

I see a conflict here between House rules and religious freedom, which is so often talked about these days.

Ahhh... so much ignorance.

Let's start with the obvious. Women don't wear "Hijabs" in Saudi Arabia, they wear Abayas, a body covering that covers everything but the face.

Female Genital Mutilation is not a practice in Islam. It is a regional practice in North Africa, and is practiced by Christians as well as Muslims in the region. The practice goes back to antiquity, as we have mummies of women who had this done to them.

The head scarf is not unique to Islam, either. Amish women are required to wear them.

24452F5600000578-2887739-image-m-88_1419614047573.jpg

As are Eastern European women who wear Babuskas...

Why are your panties in a twist over this?? .... :dunno:

Because of a personal sense of modesty, many women feel naked if they go out in public without a hijab.

It is just fucking silly when people freak out because a girl wears a hijab, like they did in France. It's just an article of clothing fer chrissakes.

It's as silly as people demanding that you never go out in public wearing pants.

Due to my early experiences with Catholic Christianity, I refuse to wear anything on my head except in cold weather. Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, and whatever, put this in your pipes and smoke it.

The required dress in Saudi Arabia for women is the Niqab or the Burka. It is a far cry from the Hijab, pictured below.

eoFhPlr.jpg

If a woman wears it out of personal choice, I see nothing wrong with it. There are much more restrictive clothing required by religious customs in the West.

c9fefcefa36f8eea43325d56f1f80488.jpg

Non-religious women in America often feel obligated to wear high-heels out of fashion customs. High heels, as any women can attest, aren't practical for long hours of wear or where extensive walking is required.

You may as well say high heels are a symbol of misogyny.

----------------------------------------- a constant reminder to Americans of what USA Government is importing into the USA and i like seeing it for that reason Leo .

Why is it any of your business?
----------------------------------- FREE Country i believe isn't it Admiral .

I see a conflict here between House rules and religious freedom, which is so often talked about these days.

Islam includes a theocracy. The Hijab represents that and has no place in Congress, personal decision or not.

Why is it any of your business?

It also represents a belief in theocracy.

Islam includes a theocracy. The Hijab represents that and has no place in Congress, personal decision or not.
---------------------------------- agree , course gov accepted this 'hat' with no problem . There had been a 'no hats' rule for a couple hundred years i think Leo .

Forum List

Back