Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version:

Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:

Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Every number there shows the Democratic Party majority FOR The Civil Rights bill.

You said: But at the time that the civil rights act was passed most of the dems were opposed to it.

Jesus Christ.

Do not call me the name of our savior, Jesus Christ. I am not worthy of that name.

The facts show that a larger % of republicans voted for it than dems. Dems filibustered it, republicans passed it. LBJ tried to use it for political gain by lying about it.

you cannot change history as much as you would like to.

You said most Democrats voted against it.

You either lied or you can't read. Which is it?

Let me correct the record. A larger % of republicans voted for it than democrats. Democrats fillibustered it. Happy now?
A Democrat pushed for the legislation and signed it into law

LBJ? LOL. "I'll have them ni66ers voting democrat for the next 200 years". If you think LBJ was liberal on race, you are very naïve.

He was a conservative who became a moderate over time. His racist actions in Congress were during his conservative period.

A Democratic Party member and ran as a Democrat until he died.

Byrd was a racist when he began his political career. He filibustered the Civil Rights act

By the end of his long career, he disavowed his previous position. So much so, that his voting record on Civil Rights was approved by the NAACP

Funny, he was a member of the KKK. Your attempt to rewrite history is amusing at best.
He admitted it and apologized for it his whole life

More than that, he took a strong civil rights platform for the last 30 years of his life

That is his history

BS, he was a politician, he said what he thought would keep him in office. The zebra does not change his stripes.

So Reagan the FDR Democrat fooled Americans into believing he'd become a conservative Republican?

Every number there shows the Democratic Party majority FOR The Civil Rights bill.

You said: But at the time that the civil rights act was passed most of the dems were opposed to it.

Jesus Christ.

Do not call me the name of our savior, Jesus Christ. I am not worthy of that name.

The facts show that a larger % of republicans voted for it than dems. Dems filibustered it, republicans passed it. LBJ tried to use it for political gain by lying about it.

you cannot change history as much as you would like to.

You said most Democrats voted against it.

You either lied or you can't read. Which is it?

Let me correct the record. A larger % of republicans voted for it than democrats. Democrats fillibustered it. Happy now?
A Democrat pushed for the legislation and signed it into law

LBJ? LOL. "I'll have them ni66ers voting democrat for the next 200 years". If you think LBJ was liberal on race, you are very naïve.
Except....once again...you claim something was said that was NOT said. You are really a Goebbels RWr.

[ conservative and liberal labels did not exist in those days.

lol, that's retarded.

Conservative Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the definitions in 1937 are no where close to what they are today. In the 1960s, when the civil rights act was passed, the terms liberal and conservative were rarely used and never attached to either party. I was alive then, I remember that time very well. It was the best of times and the worst of times.

So Goldwater, the father of modern conservatism, wasn't a conservative???

lol, what was he?

Hillary was a Goldwater girl.

[ conservative and liberal labels did not exist in those days.

lol, that's retarded.

Conservative Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the definitions in 1937 are no where close to what they are today. In the 1960s, when the civil rights act was passed, the terms liberal and conservative were rarely used and never attached to either party. I was alive then, I remember that time very well. It was the best of times and the worst of times.

So Goldwater, the father of modern conservatism, wasn't a conservative???

lol, what was he?

Hillary was a Goldwater girl.

Hillary was, and is, whatever she thinks is politically expedient.

Many things wrong with your post. You guys get upset when poor people have kids, you guys get upset if they have access to family planning. Make up your minds.

And Margaret Sanger lived in a time that didn't have an entitled class? Or do you mean entitlement class? Does that mean you like old-timey poor people but not the poor people today?

Sanger was about as racist as everyone else of her time and by today's standards that would be considered very racist. However she wasn't attempting to wipe out entire races through birth control, it's a lie. Hell, have you morons think Sanger was an advocate for abortion.

As far as you rambling about poor people, how about if they get to choose when they want to have kids and you can stop pretend pandering for them.

Yeah, excuse the racism. FDR wasn't racist. Sanger spoke before the KKK, she was worse than the general population.

Wilson used the blacks to get elected and then dumped them when he got elected, just like Democrats do today. Not much different.

Sanger favored sterilization and eugenics. Much like Hitler did.

Then why do we start off with craftily put together out of context quotes? Quote her for real using unbiased sources.

Secondly, nobody today is for sterilizing a race of people. Even if Sanger was, it doesn't matter, it's not a policy moving forward. Sanger was more than anything else an advocate for birth control, not abortion and you guys who many of you celebrate Robert E. Lee and the confederacy go hysterical over whether a woman in the early 20th century was a racist or not and to prove it you guys provide bullshit quotes.

Many things wrong with your post. You guys get upset when poor people have kids, you guys get upset if they have access to family planning. Make up your minds.

And Margaret Sanger lived in a time that didn't have an entitled class? Or do you mean entitlement class? Does that mean you like old-timey poor people but not the poor people today?

Sanger was about as racist as everyone else of her time and by today's standards that would be considered very racist. However she wasn't attempting to wipe out entire races through birth control, it's a lie. Hell, have you morons think Sanger was an advocate for abortion.

As far as you rambling about poor people, how about if they get to choose when they want to have kids and you can stop pretend pandering for them.

Yeah, excuse the racism. FDR wasn't racist. Sanger spoke before the KKK, she was worse than the general population.

Wilson used the blacks to get elected and then dumped them when he got elected, just like Democrats do today. Not much different.

Sanger favored sterilization and eugenics. Much like Hitler did.

Then why do we start off with craftily put together out of context quotes? Quote her for real using unbiased sources.

Secondly, nobody today is for sterilizing a race of people. Even if Sanger was, it doesn't matter, it's not a policy moving forward. Sanger was more than anything else an advocate for birth control, not abortion and you guys who many of you celebrate Robert E. Lee and the confederacy go hysterical over whether a woman in the early 20th century was a racist or not and to prove it you guys provide bullshit quotes.

Who do you think "celebrates" Robert E Lee? He is a historical figure and was a great general and leader of men. But no one "celebrates" him.

The point of the thread is that Sanger was an avowed racist and Hillary has praised her. That's all this is about.

She risked her life to make one speech on birth control to the KKK women's auxiliary. That's the kind of hero she was.

Your claim she made "speeches" to the "KKK" is a lie, as is your claim she was "worse than the general population."

So why did you make up such a story?

the definitions in 1937 are no where close to what they are today. In the 1960s, when the civil rights act was passed, the terms liberal and conservative were rarely used ...

What a humongous pile of elephant dung.

the truth many times is elephant dung. If we ignore history, we are doomed to repeat it.

And once again, right after I PROVE him wrong, he stumbles on in ignorant bliss.

She risked her life to make one speech on birth control to the KKK women's auxiliary. That's the kind of hero she was.

Your claim she made "speeches" to the "KKK" is a lie, as is your claim she was "worse than the general population."

So why did you make up such a story?

LMAO @ hero. You really need to learn what a hero is

Forum List

Back