Hillary is a puppet, literally and figuratively

Having to be held up by handlers and bought and paid for by the globalists.

Since you mentioned globalization...

What do you think about the differences between Reagan and Trump in the area of trade and immigration, the twin demons of the globalization which is threatening your borders language and culture?

Here is my point.

Reagan actually ended FDR's postwar controls on trade and labor, which enabled capital to leave the American worker in the dust.

Reagan did this because American capitalists grew tired of having to pay first world labor costs. You get this right? Nike investors make higher returns when their sneaks are made for pennies by shoeless peasants working beneath brutal dictators in freedom hating nations.

Reagan said - I think correctly - that the promise of higher returns made possible by the lower operating costs of China and Mexico (and the entire 3rd world) would restore the incentives that capitalists require to risk their money and create great things.

Reagan said - incorrectly, IMO - that the benefits of allowing capital to seek the cheapest (most profitable) production costs would trigger the kind of economic growth that would lift all boats. Bill Clinton - who, with NAFTA, fucked Labor Unions - supported Reagan's vision, which is why Bernie Sanders was so popular.

Here is my question, put another way.

Why don't today's "talk radio" Republicans know the reasons why Reagan supported globalization?

[That is, why are people like you so illiterate on the policy positions of your party's greatest leader?]

Why don't today's "talk radio" Republicans know that Milton Friedman, Reagan's financial guru, despised national borders because they obstructed the free flow of labor, capital and resources that capital requires? [You understand the well-trodden argument made by libertarians right? With each border comes different languages, currency, social traditions and laws. These things slow down capital, and they increase the cost of acquiring labor/resources and moving goods. This increased cost not only lowers the returns (profits) of people like Trump, but they reduce the incentives of people to bring their goods to market. The whole fucking point of Reaganomics - you nitwit - was to optimize economic incentives so that capitalism could make higher profits, which profits would trickle down and lift all our boats. Why don't you at least understand the theory your greatest leader championed?]

Why don't people like you - Trump's supporters, non college educated - know Reagan's economic policies, and why are they buying the bullshit promises of a candidate who gets his ties made in Mexico. Trump isn't going to bring the jobs home. He's a capitalist, which means he will allow his fellow capitalists to go to whichever labor market promises the lowest costs.

Please turn off talk radio and enroll in some university courses. I'm not asking you to give up your political beliefs; I'm just encouraging you to learn history and economic theory so that you are no so reliant on bumper sticker phrasing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back