Hillary says NRA needs a "rival" organization of responsible gun owners

Instead of making an editorial comment you might go back and read the arguments for licensing and registration.

I doubt it will change your mind, or even be considered, since you and others have expressed dozens and dozens of times that gun control will never work, and that the 2nd A. is absolute; you and others believe that gun control is and always will be unconstitutional.

Yet, you and others seem to feel it is fine and dandy to take the 2nd Right away from those who are mentally ill or have been convicted of a felony to own, possess or have in their custody and control a firearm. How is that not an infringement on them?

Where in the 2nd A. does it even imply that felons and the mentally ill have lost the right to own a gun. Don't they have the right of self defense?

The arguments, if one could expand the meaning of the term presented by you and the others who oppose gun controls, are not sagacious, that means they are emotion driven and void of keen practical sense.

Federal licensing and registration is first and foremost against existing federal law, they violate privacy, but they are also violations of the 4th and 5th amendments. The supreme court has ruled that criminals who have a gun can not be prosecuted for failing to follow such requirements because of the 5th amendment. So now you run into a 14th amendment argument of equal protection, it they can't compel a criminal to follow such laws, how can they compel a law abiding citizen to do it?

Also rights can be removed by DUE PROCESS, meaning a court order. So anyone adjudicated as a felon, a danger to themselves or others or mentally defective can have their rights taken. Absolutely nothing short of that court order should be allowed to do so.

Considering the above, your arguments don't hold water when it comes to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, do they? So stop trying to push more costs and bureaucratic bullshit on law abiding citizens and concentrate on the folks that are actually violating the rights of the law abiding and throw their asses in jail or kill them, I really don't care which and leave us alone to freely go about our lives.

Cite the law. Then we'll talk.

What laws, we're talking about YOUR proposals, are you senile or just dense? I already know you're a coward, you didn't respond to post 364. So just carry on, you've managed to sway no one but yourself and you're a waste of my time.

Cowards go to the grocery store with a gun, and can't be anywhere without a gun for fear of the boogeyman. Do you sleep with a night light too?

So, without lies and ad hominems you have nothing. Licensing and registration are not fee based in the thousand dollar range, I've said nothing about their costs. Nor did I claim or suggest that to get a license of register a gun would take 6+ months.

Your inference in 364 was wrong, evidence you cannot read with comprehension, or more likely, a lie.

So you think first responders should be disarmed, good to know exactly how big a quack your are. You're dismissed.

First responders have and always have been armed as needed. It's the gun nuts who want to pretend to be Rambo that are the problem.

Instead of making an editorial comment you might go back and read the arguments for licensing and registration.

I doubt it will change your mind, or even be considered, since you and others have expressed dozens and dozens of times that gun control will never work, and that the 2nd A. is absolute; you and others believe that gun control is and always will be unconstitutional.

Yet, you and others seem to feel it is fine and dandy to take the 2nd Right away from those who are mentally ill or have been convicted of a felony to own, possess or have in their custody and control a firearm. How is that not an infringement on them?

Where in the 2nd A. does it even imply that felons and the mentally ill have lost the right to own a gun. Don't they have the right of self defense?

The arguments, if one could expand the meaning of the term presented by you and the others who oppose gun controls, are not sagacious, that means they are emotion driven and void of keen practical sense.

The answer is in the definition of the militia.

{
(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1)
the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)
the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
}

10 U.S. Code § 311 - Militia: composition and classes

The mentally ill are not able bodied.

So, if I understand your point, the unorganized militia consists of all members, felons and the mentally ill included, as long as they are not part of the National Guard or Naval Militia. Is that correct?

Federal licensing and registration is first and foremost against existing federal law, they violate privacy, but they are also violations of the 4th and 5th amendments. The supreme court has ruled that criminals who have a gun can not be prosecuted for failing to follow such requirements because of the 5th amendment. So now you run into a 14th amendment argument of equal protection, it they can't compel a criminal to follow such laws, how can they compel a law abiding citizen to do it?

Also rights can be removed by DUE PROCESS, meaning a court order. So anyone adjudicated as a felon, a danger to themselves or others or mentally defective can have their rights taken. Absolutely nothing short of that court order should be allowed to do so.

Considering the above, your arguments don't hold water when it comes to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, do they? So stop trying to push more costs and bureaucratic bullshit on law abiding citizens and concentrate on the folks that are actually violating the rights of the law abiding and throw their asses in jail or kill them, I really don't care which and leave us alone to freely go about our lives.

What laws, we're talking about YOUR proposals, are you senile or just dense? I already know you're a coward, you didn't respond to post 364. So just carry on, you've managed to sway no one but yourself and you're a waste of my time.

Cowards go to the grocery store with a gun, and can't be anywhere without a gun for fear of the boogeyman. Do you sleep with a night light too?

So, without lies and ad hominems you have nothing. Licensing and registration are not fee based in the thousand dollar range, I've said nothing about their costs. Nor did I claim or suggest that to get a license of register a gun would take 6+ months.

Your inference in 364 was wrong, evidence you cannot read with comprehension, or more likely, a lie.

So you think first responders should be disarmed, good to know exactly how big a quack your are. You're dismissed.

Police, deputies and agents are a special class, its members have been vetted by background checks, most have passed written and oral psychological evaluations, were trained in the classroom on use of force policies and on the range in the safe and proper use of deadly force. And still some of them fuck up.

Civilians, not vetted are the ones I suggested are the cowards who feel the need to carry a gun whenever they are out in public. Most people could figure that out, only idiots or liars would suggest I meant first responders.

Here is a list that opposes the NRA…..perhaps if you are a gun hater you could simply join one of these…..or one of the many groups paid for by Mayor Bloomberg…..

Here is the complete list:

AARP
AFL-CIO
Ambulatory Pediatric Association
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Civil Liberties Union
American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing
American Medical Women`s Association
American Medical Student Association
American Medical Association
American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
American Trauma Society
American Federation of Teachers
American Association of School Administrators
American Alliance for Rights and Responsibilities
American Medical Association
American Bar Association
American Counseling Association
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Association for World Health
American Ethical Union
American Nurses Association
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
American Firearms Association
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
American Jewish Committee
American Trauma Society
American Psychological Association
American Jewish Congress
American Public Health Association
Americans for Democratic Action
Anti-Defamation League
Black Mental Health Alliance
B`nai B`rith
Central Conference of American Rabbis
Children`s Defense Fund
Church of the Brethren
Coalition for Peace Action
Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
College Democrats of America
Committee for the Study of Handgun Misuse & World Peace
Common Cause
Congress of National Black Churches, Inc.
Congress of Neurological Surgeons
Consumer Federation of America
Council of the Great City Schools
Council of Chief State School Officers
Dehere Foundation
Disarm Educational Fund
Environmental Action Foundation
Episcopal Church-Washington Office
Florence and John Shumann Foundation
Friends Committee on National Legislation
General Federation of Women`s Clubs
George Gund Fun
Gray Panthers
H.M. Strong Foundation
Hadassah
Harris Foundation
Hechinger Foundation
Interfaith Neighbors
Int`l Ladies` Garment Workers` Union
Int`l Association of Educators for World Peace
Jewish Labor Committee
Joyce Foundation
Lauder Foundation
Lawrence Foundation
League of Women Voters of the United States*
Lutheran Office for Governmental Affairs, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Manhattan Project II
Mennonite Central Committee-Washington Office
National Safe Kids Campaign
National Association of Police Organizations
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
National Black Nurses` Association
National Association of Chain Drug Stores
National Network for Youth
National Assembly of National Voluntary Health & Social Welfare Organizations
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
National Association of School Psychologists
National Association of Counties*
National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates & Practitioners
National Association of School Safety and Law Enforcement Officers
National Education Association
National Association of Elementary School Principals*
National Association of Public Hospitals
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
National Association of Secondary School Principals
National Association of Social Workers
National Association of Children`s Hospitals and Related Institutions
National Association of School Psychologists
National Council of La Raza
National Center to Rehabilitate Violent Youth
National Commission for Economic Conversion & Disarmament
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA
National Council of Negro Women
National Association of Community Health Centers
National People`s Action
National Education Association*
National League of Cities
National Council on Family Relations
National Council of Jewish Women
National Organization for Women
National Political Congress of Black Women
National Parks and Conservation Association
National Peace Foundation
National Urban League, Inc.
National Parent, Teachers Association*
National Urban Coalition
National SAFE KIDS Campaign
National Organization on Disability
National Spinal Cord Injury Association
NETWORK: A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby
Ortenberg Foundation
Peace Action
People for the American Way
Physicians for Social Responsibility
Police Foundation
Project on Demilitarization and Democracy
Public Citizen
SaferWorld
Society of Critical Care Medicine
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
The Council of the Great City Schools
The Synergetic Society
20/20 Vision
U.S. Catholic Conference, Dept. of Social Development
Union of American Hebrew Congregations
Unitarian Universalist Association
United States Catholic Conference
United Methodist Church, General Board & Church Society
United Church of Christ, Office for Church in Society*
United States Conference of Mayors
War and Peace Foundation
Women Strike for Peace
Women`s National Democratic Club
Women`s Action for New Directions (WAND)
Women`s Int`l League for Peace and Freedom
World Spiritual Assembly, Inc.
YWCA of the U.S.A.

and here are the group(s) which supports the NRA:

1. Gun ship owners
2. Gun manufacturers
3. Undertakers
4. That's all folks [Lonney tune characters]

I cannot fathom why Hillary even opened her mouth. Doesn't she realize that many of the Democrat party are NRA members and avid hunters? I also cannot fathom why Obama, who is supposed to be the leader of the Democrat Party, opted to use executive order to infuriate a whole bunch of voters. He could easily have simply done nothing and eased on out of office. His action will cause some who were sitting on the fence to vote against Hillary especially since she has decided to enter the fray as well. There are an awful lot of Democrats and Independents who are heavily into guns. To me, it's a stupid political move on both Obama's and Hillary's part.

It's a principled move and every Democrat understands that there are many Americans who are single issue voters. But not every gun owner who heard what with The President or HRC said consider their remarks are unreasonable or irrational.

You claim hunters will lost their rights to own a hunting rifle, that claim is not substantiated by anything said by Obama or Clinton!

Why? Because it's the law. Move to Texas if this upsets you so. There you can parade around the streets with your beloved gun on your hip & be free from the law you oppose.

Why should I have to move to exercise my rights?

Segregation was "the law" as well, I guess MLK just should have deferred to the government and let them get away with it......

You haven't answered the question either, why should I have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 to get a pistol permit?

OK, so be like MLK and start making speeches and get thousands of others who believe as do you to march on DC. A million gun owners at the mall singing we will overcome, and you making an I have a dream speech where one day my little children can bring an AR-15 to second grade show and tell.

Go for it, be a leader!

You still haven't answered why it should take 3-6 months and $1000 for me to get a pistol permit for my own home.

Of course I did. You simple can't comprehend the answer. Once again,

IT'S THE LAW!

and you support blind obedience to the law, I suppose? You don't believe in civil disobedience?

I do, but I carried a badge for 32 years and understand that one can work within the system effectively, if they feel a law is wrongly promulgated or enforced.

First responders have and always have been armed as needed. It's the gun nuts who want to pretend to be Rambo that are the problem.

How many of these law abiding gun carrying Rambo's kill someone each day in America? Compare that number to the number of illegal gun holders that kill someone each day in the inner cities of America.

How many of these law abiding gun carrying Rambo's kill someone each day in America? Compare that number to the number of illegal gun holders that kill someone each day in the inner cities of America.

One will never justify the other.

Your concession is duly noted.

Now fetch!!

good boy!

So, if I understand your point, the unorganized militia consists of all members, felons and the mentally ill included, as long as they are not part of the National Guard or Naval Militia. Is that correct?

You lack even fundamental reading comprehension. Read the law again and see if you can grasp the words this time.

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age

The mentally ill are not able-bodied.

Felons are more difficult. I'm not sure it is constitutional to infringe their rights once they serve their time.

I agree! She said this in an interview with Chris Matthews on MSNBC earlier this evening. I was an NRA member and strong supporter for several years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. I would like to see a "rival" organization like the NRA was before it was hijacked by radicals.

How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

In gun lore it’s known as the Revolt at Cincinnati. On May 21, 1977, and into the morning of May 22, a rump caucus of gun rights radicals took over the annual meeting of the National Rifle Association.

The rebels wore orange-blaze hunting caps. They spoke on walkie-talkies as they worked the floor of the sweltering convention hall. They suspected that the NRA leaders had turned off the air-conditioning in hopes that the rabble-rousers would lose enthusiasm.

The Old Guard was caught by surprise. The NRA officers sat up front, on a dais, observing their demise. The organization, about a century old already, was thoroughly mainstream and bipartisan, focusing on hunting, conservation and marksmanship. It taught Boy Scouts how to shoot safely. But the world had changed, and everything was more political now. The rebels saw the NRA leaders as elites who lacked the heart and conviction to fight against gun-control legislation.

Much More: How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby
More gun control will only lead to more gun control, that's why there can be no compromise.

The Left has actually tried this numerous times. It always fails. Because the NRA represents responsible gun owners.
The Left is terrified of them because they are the most effective lobby in Washington.

Yes, the NRA is a VERY effective lobby - but not an HONEST one! It is run by hardcore NRA gun nutter radicals who refuse to give an inch even on gun control issues that most Americans and most gun owners support. Universal background checks should be a no-brainer.
Speaking of dishonest lobbies.....how about that Clinton Foundation huh? What a racket. A cash cow posing as a philanthropy........shear genius.

Now fetch!!

good boy!

You'll grab at anything to feel like you're adequate, won't you? I think you need to find out what concession means. You have never received that from me.

Now fetch!!

good boy!

You'll grab at anything to feel like you're adequate, won't you? I think you need to find out what concession means. You have never received that from me.

Your refusal to answer the question posed is a definite concession, which is synonymous with copout.

You talk a big game but when challenged you get back under the porch with all the other little puppies.

You say these so called "Rambo's" are the problem.

Explain how a law abiding citizen open carrying a legally owned firearm is the problem.

Go ahead, "make my day".

Nope.There are lots of us ex-NRA members who want nothing more than reasonable controls on who gets guns. Gun owners are not the problem. Gun nuts are.

Finally..will you explain "Reasonable controls," you keep saying strings of words that have "Reasonable," in them but then you don't follow up with actual reasonable controls.............it would be nice if for once you guys did that.

No matter what I say, you would refuse to see reason. It's a waste of time repeating the same things you have been repeatedly told, but chose to ignore. Your willful ignorance is complete,and you are of no use but to laugh at and point out you obvious stupidity. Believe what you will.

So far none of you regressives have been able to articulate what constitutes reasonable controls and show how they will effectively stop criminals from getting guns which is supposedly your only goal, correct?

Read post #381. Laws can be changed, as long as guns continue to be used to kill little kids, people in churches, in theaters, at restaurants, at schools and at Universities the tipping point will be reached, and the suggestions I've made will be seen as minor compared to what further horrors may bring.

Remember how the reserve clause was lost by the stubbornness of owners of Major League baseball, that too can happen in terms of the NRA and those so obsessed with their guns.

Finally..will you explain "Reasonable controls," you keep saying strings of words that have "Reasonable," in them but then you don't follow up with actual reasonable controls.............it would be nice if for once you guys did that.

No matter what I say, you would refuse to see reason. It's a waste of time repeating the same things you have been repeatedly told, but chose to ignore. Your willful ignorance is complete,and you are of no use but to laugh at and point out you obvious stupidity. Believe what you will.

So far none of you regressives have been able to articulate what constitutes reasonable controls and show how they will effectively stop criminals from getting guns which is supposedly your only goal, correct?

Read post #381. Laws can be changed, as long as guns continue to be used to kill little kids, people in churches, in theaters, at restaurants, at schools and at Universities the tipping point will be reached, and the suggestions I've made will be seen as minor compared to what further horrors may bring.

Remember how the reserve clause was lost by the stubbornness of owners of Major League baseball, that too can happen in terms of the NRA and those so obsessed with their guns.

How long have you been an NRA member?

The Zimmerman Problem.

How long have you been an NRA member?

I don't join clubs.

Forum List

Back