Hillary says NRA needs a "rival" organization of responsible gun owners

Hillary Clinton urges moderate gun owners to take on the NRA

Hillary Clinton urges moderate gun owners to take on the NRA

Are there any moderate gun owners, are all they all Texas rednecks?

It strikes me all gun owners are right wing madmen

Hmmm, I am a right wing mad man?

No, I live in Texas and own two shotguns, and I am a responsible gun owner. One Shotgun is for hunting Duck, Boar, and wild game and the other is for land protection.

My one shotgun is in a locked closet and come out during hunting season while the other is on a rack where i can grab it quickly.

My shotguns are never loaded but both have a sleeve to hold shells that can be loaded quickly.

So what part of what I have is not reasonable to you?

Do you believe someone like me should not be allow to hunt?

How about protecting my land against wild dogs?

I find it strange that those like you believe there is no reasonable gun owners and believe everyone that own a gun is some lunatic...

Damn I do not change...

Nope.There are lots of us ex-NRA members who want nothing more than reasonable controls on who gets guns. Gun owners are not the problem. Gun nuts are.
We already have reasonable restrictions.

Felons can't buy guns
The adjudicated mentally ill can't buy guns
Automatic weapons are highly restricted

What we need is enforcement of these restrictions and stiff mandatory sentences for any crime involving firearms

The Left has actually tried this numerous times. It always fails. Because the NRA represents responsible gun owners.
The Left is terrified of them because they are the most effective lobby in Washington.

Add you to the list of people who believe that special interest lobbyists should run America.
Since when is defending a guaranteed right a special interest?

roflbot102015.jpg

NRA terrorist logic.

Let's see we don't prevent drunk driving by making everyone take a breathalyzer before they start their car do we?
The drunk driving laws do not stop anyone from getting behind the wheel after having one too many

Do you know what has helped with reducing the incidence of drunk driving?

We started handing down stiff sentences for people who drive under the influence.

All the laws in the world are meaningless if they are not enforced with an iron fist

roflbot102015.jpg

NRA terrorist logic.

Let's see we don't prevent drunk driving by making everyone take a breathalyzer before they start their car do we?
The drunk driving laws do not stop anyone from getting behind the wheel after having one too many

Do you know what has helped with reducing the incidence of drunk driving?

We started handing down stiff sentences for people who drive under the influence.

All the laws in the world are meaningless if they are not enforced with an iron fist

No law is going to stop all violations. You could make it law that drunk driving is punishable by death and it wouldn't stop all drunk driving incidents. Sometimes I think excessive laws and punishments can make certain crimes worse. For example, let's say drunk driving lead to a 10 year sentence. A guy behind the wheel might be so afraid of that jail time that he tried to escape capture, placing much more danger on the road.

You are free or you aren't. With freedom there are some expected and unfortunate risks. The more views on an issue the better, but you have to decide to be a free society, this cannot be jeopardized.

What I notice, is that the same people who say "we cannot let the terrorists win and change our way of life" are always the first to jerk the knee on gun control and other controls as soon as a nutjob succeeds.

The Left has actually tried this numerous times. It always fails. Because the NRA represents responsible gun owners.
The Left is terrified of them because they are the most effective lobby in Washington.

Add you to the list of people who believe that special interest lobbyists should run America.

Felons don't have the right to buy guns.

No, not legally anyway. BUT they can certainly find some illegal guns faster than the average citizen.

Nope.There are lots of us ex-NRA members who want nothing more than reasonable controls on who gets guns. Gun owners are not the problem. Gun nuts are.

Felons can't buy guns

What we need is enforcement of these restrictions and stiff mandatory sentences for any crime involving firearms

What we need is universal background checks so individuals will know if they are selling a gun to a felon, or mentally ill person.

They do, however, have the ability.

No, not legally anyway. BUT they can certainly find some illegal guns faster than the average citizen.

I can legally sell a gun to a felon.

We should be more like North Korea where only the government has the guns. Then when you take a knee in protest, they shoot you with an antiaircraft gun and use a main battle tank to grind up whats left of you into the dirt. Why can't we be more like them?

If that gun that you sold was involved in a violent crime the sale would not be legal.
And why do you support arming Felons?

Felons can't buy guns

What we need is universal background checks so individuals will know if they are selling a gun to a felon, or mentally ill person.

Each state already has background checks.

Felons can't buy guns

Universal background checks, universal training and licensing of owners-users, universal registration of firearms, and regulation of peripherals and ammunition.

No you can't. If you do, you've just committed a felony.

I agree! She said this in an interview with Chris Matthews on MSNBC earlier this evening. I was an NRA member and strong supporter for several years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. I would like to see a "rival" organization like the NRA was before it was hijacked by radicals.

How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

In gun lore it’s known as the Revolt at Cincinnati. On May 21, 1977, and into the morning of May 22, a rump caucus of gun rights radicals took over the annual meeting of the National Rifle Association.

The rebels wore orange-blaze hunting caps. They spoke on walkie-talkies as they worked the floor of the sweltering convention hall. They suspected that the NRA leaders had turned off the air-conditioning in hopes that the rabble-rousers would lose enthusiasm.

The Old Guard was caught by surprise. The NRA officers sat up front, on a dais, observing their demise. The organization, about a century old already, was thoroughly mainstream and bipartisan, focusing on hunting, conservation and marksmanship. It taught Boy Scouts how to shoot safely. But the world had changed, and everything was more political now. The rebels saw the NRA leaders as elites who lacked the heart and conviction to fight against gun-control legislation.

Much More: How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

no one is going to buy into that bullshit anymore

Forum List

Back