Hip Hip Hooray to Governor Scott of Florida!!!!

Funny, a guy in SC trying to evacuate has already been shot and killed by police. I'm not exactly sure how good of an idea this is.

They kind of draw the line when you shoot at police first.
Details, details...

I posted it up above. The guy freaked out about the evacuation route, drove over police cones and took off. Then when police chased him he shot at them and he ended up getting killed. The guy did stuff that he deserved to be shot, but the point is... during such stressful situations like this, do you really want everyone and their brother out there packing a gun? People aren't going to act in the same rational manner they normal would under regular circumstances.
I rather think the guy was dirty. There was not much stress other than that. The hurricane is still days away from the Carolinas.

There was not much stress other than that.

Except for the dipshit getting shot (which, incidentally, happened about 5 miles up the road from me), things have been very calm and organized here in the Charleston area. The governor ordered the reversal of the eastbound lanes of I-26 to help the evacuation of the area, that went very smoothly which was amazing since it was the first time they'd done it. Everything has been very orderly and polite at the gas stations, grocery stores, and hardware stores. Those of us that are staying will be watching the vacant homes of neighbors who have bugged out. I have detected no stress from any of my neighbors or co-workers, many of whom were here for Hugo.

Last edited:

Except for the dipshit getting shot (which, incidentally, happened about 5 miles up the road from me), things have been very calm and organized here in the Charleston area. The governor ordered the reversal of the eastbound lanes of I-26 to help the evacuation of the area, that went very smoothly which was amazing since it was the first time they'd done it. Everything has been very orderly and polite at the gas stations, grocery stores, and hardware stores. Those of us that are staying will be watch the vacant homes of neighbors who have bugged out. I have detected no stress from any of my neighbors or co-workers, many of whom were here for Hugo.

Good luck riding it out. I was only in Charleston once, as a stop over for a Greyhound bus ride. I had a couple hours to kill so I thought I would go get some good southern food. I walked up the road from the bus station into a Soul Food restaurant so I could get some Gumbo. I was the only white guy in there and everyone just kind of stared at me like I was crazy. It was a little uncomfortable, but I took a seat and ate my meal and went about my way. The staff was nice. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to check out a lot of the city.

Except for the dipshit getting shot (which, incidentally, happened about 5 miles up the road from me), things have been very calm and organized here in the Charleston area. The governor ordered the reversal of the eastbound lanes of I-26 to help the evacuation of the area, that went very smoothly which was amazing since it was the first time they'd done it. Everything has been very orderly and polite at the gas stations, grocery stores, and hardware stores. Those of us that are staying will be watching the vacant homes of neighbors who have bugged out. I have detected no stress from any of my neighbors or co-workers, many of whom were here for Hugo.

Good luck riding it out. I was only in Charleston once, as a stop over for a Greyhound bus ride. I had a couple hours to kill so I thought I would go get some good southern food. I walked up the road from the bus station into a Soul Food restaurant so I could get some Gumbo. I was the only white guy in there and everyone just kind of stared at me like I was crazy. It was a little uncomfortable, but I took a seat and ate my meal and went about my way. The staff was nice. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to check out a lot of the city.

Thanks.

You should try to make it back someday, I've only been here for four years but I love it. The people are great, the food is great (save for the Mexican food, but then again, I lived in SoCal for more than 30 years and NM for 3...), and spring and fall offer great weather.

If you didn't bother to get a permit to carry your gun in Florida.......because you didn't think you would ever carry it....(foolish you)....the Governor signed an emergency bill allowing the Civil Right of carrying a gun for self defense....

Florida Governor Signs Bill Enacting Emergency Permitless Concealed Carry - The Truth About Guns

Among the raft of bills Florida Governor Rick Scott signed into law today was SB290. As the preamble says, the bill is…

An act relating to carrying a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm; amending s. 790.01, F.S.; providing an exemption from criminal penalties for carrying a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm when evacuating pursuant to a mandatory evacuation order during a declared state of emergency; providing an effective date.

In other words, Floridians fleeing Hurricane Matthew (or any future hellstorms) can take their firearms along with them, concealed, without fear of arrest…for a period of 48 hours. A time period that the Governor may elect to extend.

Scott is a dick and it's too bad the people of Florida reelected him. He is out of his depth with the storm. Jeb Bush should take over the office temporarily to handle this devastating hurricane

Scott is a dick and it's too bad the people of Florida reelected him. He is out of his depth with the storm. Jeb Bush should take over the office temporarily to handle this devastating hurricane
I assume you don't live in Florida, then STFU. None of your business who we elect for governor. What a dumbass...

They're stupid and stubborn and after about 3-4 days without power they will be screeching and blaming Obama for their misery. Just watch.
Oh yeah, that's what you think since your whiny little handout libs always blame somebody else for your ineptness..

I assume you don't live in Florida, then STFU. None of your business who we elect for governor. What a dumbass...

They're stupid and stubborn and after about 3-4 days without power they will be screeching and blaming Obama for their misery. Just watch.
Oh yeah, that's what you think since your whiny little handout libs always blame somebody else for your ineptness..

I'll let the facts speak for me.

Rick Scott 'oversaw the largest Medicare fraud' in U.S. history, Florida Democratic Party says

Rick Scott took the 5th Amendment 75 times, Democratic party ad says

If you didn't bother to get a permit to carry your gun in Florida.......because you didn't think you would ever carry it....(foolish you)....the Governor signed an emergency bill allowing the Civil Right of carrying a gun for self defense....

Florida Governor Signs Bill Enacting Emergency Permitless Concealed Carry - The Truth About Guns

Among the raft of bills Florida Governor Rick Scott signed into law today was SB290. As the preamble says, the bill is…

An act relating to carrying a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm; amending s. 790.01, F.S.; providing an exemption from criminal penalties for carrying a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm when evacuating pursuant to a mandatory evacuation order during a declared state of emergency; providing an effective date.

In other words, Floridians fleeing Hurricane Matthew (or any future hellstorms) can take their firearms along with them, concealed, without fear of arrest…for a period of 48 hours. A time period that the Governor may elect to extend.

But here is the thing. If they flee to another state, they then have to follow that states concealed carry law.

Rick Scott 'oversaw the largest Medicare fraud' in U.S. history, Florida Democratic Party says

Good for him. He is a good governor and that's what counts. This is his second term so you trashing him makes about as much noise as a butterfly fart, so have at it will make no difference, moron.

Good for him. He is a good governor and that's what counts. This is his second term so you trashing him makes about as much noise as a butterfly fart, so have at it will make no difference, moron.

You're as dumb as it gets:

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ricas-eighth-least-popular-governor/76104172/

Forum List

Back