Hiroshima....

Tarawa was where we learned how to whip a fortified Jap island....they were ready for the beach landings and we took heavy losses but used what we learned there later closer to mainland Japan. US KIA 1,700...Jap KIA 4,700. My uncle was there with 2nd. Marines and said it was the longest three days of his life.

1024px-Tarawa.jpg

BTW, anybody whining about the detention camps we had here during the war, should remember there were GIs coming home who'd seen the barbaric little bastards in action in the Pacific. No Japanese-American would have been safe walking the streets in America.

Aussie_execution_zpstepwrmfj.jpg

And what was the military view on the necessity of attacking Pearl Harbor, to begin with? Was THAT necessary? Does Japan hash that decision over and over again? Or do they just lament getting their asses kicked? I am not seeing too many "authorities" decrying Japan initiated allied involvement period. Oh no,instead, Japan were poor little victims. Really? How does that work?

You're saying the annihilation of hundreds of thousands of civilians was an act of revenge? Can you document that?
You don't understand the full scope of WW2, do you? .....

Yes, I do. Now answer my question.

BTW, anybody whining about the detention camps we had here during the war, should remember there were GIs coming home who'd seen the barbaric little bastards in action in the Pacific. No Japanese-American would have been safe walking the streets in America....

Oh, fdr's concentration camps were a generous protection! I wonder how grateful you would feel if your land and possessions were all stolen, your family forced out of its home at gunpoint and your ass thrown into a concentration camp. Are you an American or aren't you?

Terrorism can work. It sure did there.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

My dad was in the navy in the Pacific, and he was gearing up to invade Japan. Are you implying that if we didn't drop those bombs that we would never had invaded?

Mark
Yes. All we had to do was wait but, we had new toys to play with.

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.

Yes. They were holding training classes for civilians in how to sharpen bamboo shoots to use as weapons, as well.
So? Civilians in a country potentially being invaded shouldn't fight back? Interesting.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Typical brainless progressive. Only in your feeble minds is it not proper to conquer a nation that attacked you first. Just go away. You're a halfwit.
They were ready to fight like men. We used WMD like terrorists instead.

It's history.

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.

Yes. They were holding training classes for civilians in how to sharpen bamboo shoots to use as weapons, as well.
So? Civilians in a country potentially being invaded shouldn't fight back? Interesting.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Typical brainless progressive. Only in your feeble minds is it not proper to conquer a nation that attacked you first. Just go away. You're a halfwit.

So how do men fight? You're right we should have fought like the Japanese fought, beheaded Japanese, bayonet babies and prisoners, ask for help and blow up the enemy trying to help us.
They fought their war and we fought ours, and at the time it didn't seem illegal or in bad taste. .

So how do men fight? You're right we should have fought like the Japanese fought, beheaded Japanese, bayonet babies and prisoners, ask for help and blow up the enemy trying to help us.
They fought their war and we fought ours, and at the time it didn't seem illegal or in bad taste. .
Do you always base your decisions on how immoral others are?

Or, do you stand up and be moral regardless?

BTW, anybody whining about the detention camps we had here during the war, should remember there were GIs coming home who'd seen the barbaric little bastards in action in the Pacific. No Japanese-American would have been safe walking the streets in America....

Oh, fdr's concentration camps were a generous protection! I wonder how grateful you would feel if your land and possessions were all stolen, your family forced out of its home at gunpoint and your ass thrown into a concentration camp. Are you an American or aren't you?

Are you an American is the question. There would have been acts of sabotage, assassination, and relaying fortification information to Jap subs lurking off the California coast. And when you use the word "concentration camp" you spit in every Jewish face lost in real concentration camps in Poland...the detention-centers here were nothing like that. The people couldn't leave, that's it. They could do whatever they pleased but they couldn't leave for our national security and their own security. Yes, they should have gotten their homes and property back at the end of the war and I believe most were reimbursed although I don't know much about that.

You're asking the wrong person. Leftists don't believe in morality.

You're asking the wrong person. Leftists don't believe in morality.
Are you a leftists? And while they are sometimes "the ends justifies the means", they are also usually moral?

I know many of low moral standing, I don't emulate them or use them to justify my decisions. In the end it is I that must be able to sleep at night and for that there is a high price to be paid but it's not optional if one is a moral being.

Listen you little coward....I saw you called another Viet-Vet a "baby-killer" yesterday. You wouldn't say that to our faces...only in front of your keyboard. Nothing else you say here will be addressed by me...you're a piece of shit.

There would have been acts of sabotage, assassination, and relaying fortification information ....

That's not what naval intelligence told that fucking scumbag fdr.

There would have been acts of sabotage, assassination, and relaying fortification information ....

That's not what naval intelligence told that fucking scumbag fdr.

I'm certainly no fan of FDR...he let Churchill swing in the wind until the Nazis were almost on his doorstep. He left our battleships (but not our carriers...curious) at Pearl wide-open. They were so unprepared despite rumors flying that the vault that held the Pacific theatre war plans was on a time-lock and couldn't be opened until Monday morning. But once he committed he went full-throttle and gave the war over to the generals to fight and didn't meddle. After the war was a different story.

Listen you little coward....I saw you called another Viet-Vet a "baby-killer" yesterday. You wouldn't say that to our faces...only in front of your keyboard. Nothing else you say here will be addressed by me...you're a piece of shit.
And he, like you, probably didn't understand that what you were sent to do was wrong and no rationalization will make it right so trying to only means you are both not dealing with the reality which is, you were never supposed to be there and what you did there was wrong. I expect men who have gone to war to have balls? If you can't deal with an anonymous person on the other end of the Internet with a keyboard, I can't help you. I call it like it is.

You lost a war that you should never have been in. You slaughtered innocents and for no good reason. Welcome to being cannon fodder, that made it home. Congrats on that and nothing else. Your service was in vain and even worse, it was inhumane. You became death, and for absolutely no justifiable reason. You two were only tools of a nation in the wrong. While that may not be your fault that is nothing to be proud of. You served, honorably or not, human evil.

And BTW you lost, so let it go and move on.

... when you use the word "concentration camp" you spit in every Jewish face lost.....

Really? Because that is exactly what that fucking scumbag fdr called his concentration camps, and that is exactly what they were.

And he, like you, probably didn't understand that what you were sent to do was wrong and no rationalization will make it right so trying to only means you are both not dealing with the reality which is, you were never supposed to be there and what you did there was wrong. I expect men who have gone to war to have balls? If you can't deal with an anonymous person on the other end of the Internet with a keyboard, I can't help you. I call it like it is.

You lost a war that you should never have been in. You slaughtered innocents and for no good reason. Welcome to being cannon fodder, that made it home. Congrats on that and nothing else. Your service was in vain and even worse, it was inhumane. You became death, and for absolutely no justifiable reason. You two were only tools of a nation in the wrong. While that may not be your fault that is nothing to be proud of. You served, honorably or not, human evil.

And BTW you lost, so let it go and move on.

Wait until you're out of diapers before making such declarations, boy.

Forum List

Back