Hiroshima....

I'm the only one on this thread who has provided FACTS. You haven't read the links.

You're just trolling. you have no 'facts', just ideological spin and gibberish as usual.

Facts you are afraid to look at. Direct quotes from military leaders of that time, and proof that efforts to negotiate surrender long before the bombings were rebuffed.

Most of us have read that stuff; the problem is you haven't. and we know it.

I'm the one posting it, you numbskull.

So?You obviously haven't read the real histories, or you wouldn't be lying so blatantly about it.

I provided a link you are afraid to look at.

You're just trolling. you have no 'facts', just ideological spin and gibberish as usual.

Facts you are afraid to look at. Direct quotes from military leaders of that time, and proof that efforts to negotiate surrender long before the bombings were rebuffed.

So?You obviously haven't read the real histories, or you wouldn't be lying so blatantly about it.

I provided a link you are afraid to look at.
My link The Atomic Bomb and the End of World War II: A Collection of Primary Sources

]
BTW, anybody whining about the detention camps we had here during the war, should remember there were GIs coming home who'd seen the barbaric little bastards in action in the Pacific. No Japanese-American would have been safe walking the streets in America.

And for further info on this, it was mostly Filipinos and other ethnic Asian fishermen and workers who were attacking Japanese here, not American whites, in case there are those who didn't know that; other Asian immigrants were a bigger threat to their safety than whites or other ethnic groups. They also didn't intern all Japanese, just those on the West Coast, and Hawaii was already essentially quarantined, so no need to ship them to camps on the mainland. Unkotare's Big Pity Party is completely unwarranted, as are the vast majority of his silly narratives.

I'm the only one on this thread who has provided FACTS. You haven't read the links.

Wrong again.

Not to mention at the time there was plenty of cause for them as well; over a third of them were not U.S. citizens, and most of them were avid cheerleaders for Japan's conquests and invasion before Pearl, and few of them ever bothered to report Japanese intelligence agents recruiting efforts in their communities, which is odd if they were so wonderfully patriotic n stuff, as scat boi claims. Then ther is the Niheiu Incident, and other fun facts about Japanese in America.

Ringle Report on Japanese Internment

The Bushido maniac holdouts knew the war was lost and the best they could do was to negotiate for surrender terms but the U.S. president wouldn't talk to them.. When the the Bushido holdouts couldn't negotiate terms with Harry Truman they decided to try to negotiate terms with US Ally, Joe Stalin. Apparently the major issue was that the Japanese Emperor not be executed for war crimes but still Harry Truman refused to talk about terms. Clearly the eggheads were itching to test their monstrosity on real people and they knew it was the last chance and Truman was a fool who had no freaking clue about what he was about to do. Ironically the Japanese Emperor was saved from war crimes prosecution after Truman authorized the U.S. Military to incinerate tens of thousands of innocent Japanese civilians. It's my fervent hope and prayer that there is no celestial payback for what Truman authorized and what the liberal media condoned.

Last edited:
BTW, anybody whining about the detention camps we had here during the war,.....

"Concentration camp"

I hope you never have armed soldiers pound on your door and throw your ass as well as your entire family in any such concentration camp, even for your "own good."[/QUOTE]

"[T]he use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender. . . ."

"n being the first to use it, we . . . adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children."

-Admiral William D. Leahy

MILITARY VIEWS About Dropping the Atomic Bomb

"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace before the atomic age was announced to the world with the destruction of Hiroshima and before the Russian entry into the war. (See p. 329, Chapter 26) . . . [Nimitz also stated: "The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military standpoint, in the defeat of Japan. . . ."]"

-Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet

"The first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment. . . . It was a mistake to ever drop it. . . . [the scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it. . . . It killed a lot of Japs, but the Japs had put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before."

- Admiral William F. Halsey, Jr., Commander U.S. Third Fleet

"The United States is still reaping the bitter fruit of its failure to accept repeated Japanese peace overtures for more than a year before the capitulation was signed aboard the battleship Missouri," Walter Trohan of theChicago Tribune reported in 1965. "If Japan's peace overtures had been accepted, the implication is clear that nuclear bombs would not have been dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki." Twenty years earlier, Trohan published one of the biggest World War II stories on August 19,1945, which appeared on the front pages of both the Chicago Tribune and the Washington Times-Herald. Trohan revealed that seven months before the attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, President Roosevelt received a 40-page memo from General Douglas MacArthur, which outlined five surrender overtures from high ranking Japanese officials offering surrender under terms. Trohan reported, "the terms were identical with those subsequently concluded by Roosevelt's successor, Harry S. Truman." Trohan also argues that if peace were not delayed, it would have kept the Soviet Union out of the war with Japan and possibly avoided the Cold War, which would consume foreign affairs for the several decades thereafter. The use of the new weapon sent a message to the rest of the world that the United States was now the most powerful country in the world. For subsequent decades, the Soviet Union would protest to that notion as both nations maneuvered for diplomatic leverage over the other while both sides steadily increased their nuclear armaments."

Reflections on the 70th Anniversary of the Decimation of Hiroshima

Terrorism can work. It sure did there.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

Ridiculous.
It's history.
The Soviet union had a war strategy of executing the men and raping and torturing the boys, girls and women civilians in the territory they conquered in Europe as a terror tactic.

The Japanese had to take that into consideration when they unconditionally surrendered to the USA.

"On September 20, 1945 the famous "hawk" who commanded the Twenty-First Bomber Command, Major General Curtis E. LeMay (as reported in The New York Herald Tribune) publicly:

said flatly at one press conference that the atomic bomb "had nothing to do with the end of the war." He said the war would have been over in two weeks without the use of the atomic bomb or the Russian entry into the war. (See p. 336, Chapter 27)
The text of the press conference provides these details:

LeMay: The war would have been over in two weeks without the Russians entering and without the atomic bomb.
The Press: You mean that, sir? Without the Russians and the atomic bomb?

. . .

LeMay: The atomic bomb had nothing to do with the end of the war at all."

"On the 40th Anniversary of the bombing former President Richard M. Nixon reported that:

• [General Douglas] MacArthur once spoke to me very eloquently about it, pacing the floor of his apartment in the Waldorf. He thought it a tragedy that the Bomb was ever exploded. MacArthur believed that the same restrictions ought to apply to atomic weapons as to conventional weapons, that the military objective should always be limited damage to noncombatants. . . . MacArthur, you see, was a soldier. He believed in using force only against military targets, and that is why the nuclear thing turned him off. . . . (See p. 352, Chapter 28)

• The day after Hiroshima was bombed MacArthur's pilot, Weldon E. Rhoades, noted in his diary:

General MacArthur definitely is appalled and depressed by this Frankenstein monster [the bomb]. I had a long talk with him today, necessitated by the impending trip to Okinawa. . . . (See p. 350, Chapter 28)

• Former President Herbert Hoover met with MacArthur alone for several hours on a tour of the Pacific in early May 1946. His diary states:

I told MacArthur of my memorandum of mid-May 1945 to Truman, that peace could be had with Japan by which our major objectives would be accomplished. MacArthur said that was correct and that we would have avoided all of the losses, the Atomic bomb, and the entry of Russia into Manchuria. (See pp. 350-351, Chapter 28)

• Saturday Review of Literature editor Norman Cousins also later reported that MacArthur told him he saw no military justification for using the atomic bomb, and that "The war might have ended weeks earlier, he said, if the United States had agreed, as it later did anyway, to the retention of the institution of the emperor." (See p. 351, Chapter 28)"

Forum List

Back