Hiroshima....

So, who was in charge them, he or they?

And they were soon to surrender anyway. We just wanted to show off our new toys and we couldn't drop them on Tokyo, we might have killed people who mattered, so when we went more off the grid.
Technically in imperial Japan during WW2 the emperor was in charge in reality the military was. The only reason he made the call for surrender was because the heads of the military could not reach an agreement on what to do half wanted to surrender half to continue fighting he was asked to break the deadlock. These are the facts accept them or ignore them I really don't care either way I will always respect ones right to be uninformed.

"uninformed" = another point of view.
Feel free to research what I have posted and see if it's inaccurate or untrue.

Thanks, very kind of you, since what you've posted here reads like speculation.
Look for the book The Last Misson it details the story I have posted about. Heads up there is a book about a bomber crew in Europe with the same title.

Well one book won't do it for me since learning is lifetime, but yeah, I'll give it a go with this version of inquiry.

Would have been more like 59,000,000 if we hadn't used our new terror toys.

More along the lines of 2 million, which basically means the United States would of failed had it invaded Japan alone.

For reference, the United States had over 3 million troops during 1945.

Technically in imperial Japan during WW2 the emperor was in charge in reality the military was. The only reason he made the call for surrender was because the heads of the military could not reach an agreement on what to do half wanted to surrender half to continue fighting he was asked to break the deadlock. These are the facts accept them or ignore them I really don't care either way I will always respect ones right to be uninformed.

Look for the book The Last Misson it details the story I have posted about. Heads up there is a book about a bomber crew in Europe with the same title.

Well one book won't do it for me since learning is lifetime, but yeah, I'll give it a go with this version of inquiry.
There have been a lot of books written about WW2 I'm confident you can find as many as you need.

Terrorism can work. It sure did there.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
Actually after the emperor decided to announce Japan's surrender after the Nagasaki bomb a group of military officers tried to overthrow him to prevent the surrender from being broadcast preferring to fight to the end rather than suffer in their mind the dishonor of surrender.

And they were soon to surrender anyway. We just wanted to show off our new toys and we couldn't drop them on Tokyo, we might have killed people who mattered, so when we went more off the grid.

That's a lie, they weren't going to surrender. What they proposed was that we just stop fighting. That would have left the militaristic government in place that started the war and would have been destined to do it again

When Japan bombed Pearl Harbor what were Japan's goals?

To destroy the United States naval capabilities in the Pacific.

Hostility had been rising for some time after the US placed high tariffs on oil, and eventually a full embargo.

Would have been more like 59,000,000 if we hadn't used our new terror toys.

More along the lines of 2 million, which basically means the United States would of failed had it invaded Japan alone.

For reference, the United States had over 3 million troops during 1945.
There was never going to be a need to invade Japan.

Wrong. Had we agreed to stop fighting (stop lying they were going to surrender), eventually we'd have had to fight the next war with them and invade then to end it.

The idea that we should fight wars to not win them is the stupid idea that gave us Korea, Vietnam and the stupidity we continue to day to continually fight wars yet tie one hand behind our back and put a glove on the other

That's a lie, they weren't going to surrender.

Not under the conditions demanded.

There was widespread public opinion against the ruling government at the time, and two of the five officers that made the decision regarding ending the war voted in favor of unconditional surrender. This included the abdication of their sacred emperor and putting themselves on trial.

That would have left the militaristic government in place that started the war and would have been destined to do it again

Really?

Your argument is destiny?

That's a lie, they weren't going to surrender.

Not under the conditions demanded.

There was widespread public opinion against the ruling government at the time, and two of the five officers that made the decision regarding ending the war voted in favor of unconditional surrender. This included the abdication of their sacred emperor and putting themselves on trial.

That would have left the militaristic government in place that started the war and would have been destined to do it again

Really?

Your argument is destiny?

No, WTF. The reason I said it would happen again was in the one sentence of mine you quoted

There have been a lot of books written about WW2 I'm confident you can find as many as you need.

I don't need to be fed the national line, that's what school was for, to socialize me in the proper manner. We were all subjected to that.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
Actually after the emperor decided to announce Japan's surrender after the Nagasaki bomb a group of military officers tried to overthrow him to prevent the surrender from being broadcast preferring to fight to the end rather than suffer in their mind the dishonor of surrender.

That's a lie, they weren't going to surrender. What they proposed was that we just stop fighting. That would have left the militaristic government in place that started the war and would have been destined to do it again
Your spin doesn't play anywhere near as good as most here. A truce, call it what you like, was okay for Korea but we couldn't have done such a thing with Japan?

Only Japan didn't again because a military power and we are still here. North Korea might be nuts but the peace is still holding. Your spin for why we had to use weapons of terror on Japan doesn't hunt.

I don't need to be fed the national line, that's what school was for, to socialize me in the proper manner. We were all subjected to that.

Yes, government schools indoctrinated you in government

They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

Ridiculous.
It's history.

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.
It's history. The rationalization is we had to drop the bombs to "save" lives, which wasn't true.
They were using their own soldiers as bombs. Talk about terrorism.

Yes, government schools indoctrinated you in government

You're exhibit "a" son, hook, line, and sinker.

Fentum Lum said:
We haven't been in a legit war since WWIIm and that has been utterly bipartisan.

There was the Korean War, but for some reason that war is widely forgotten by Americans.

US generals are going to get their asses handed to them if they ever get pushed into actual conventional warfare.

They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

Ridiculous.
It's history.

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.
It's history. The rationalization is we had to drop the bombs to "save" lives, which wasn't true.
They were using their own soldiers as bombs. Talk about terrorism.

"Terrorism" is always what the other guy does.

Your spin doesn't play anywhere near as good as most here. A truce, call it what you like, was okay for Korea but we couldn't have done such a thing with Japan?

Only Japan didn't again because a military power and we are still here. North Korea might be nuts but the peace is still holding. Your spin for why we had to use weapons of terror on Japan doesn't hunt.

Um ... no ... Strawman. I said Korea was a bad idea, we didn't fight it to win it. We should have assured China we'd stop at the border and win the war when we controlled most of the country. Fighting China to a standoff was just a waste of lives. We need to either fight to win wars or stay out of them. Which is why I keep advocating staying out of them since we have no will to win them

Forum List

Back