Hiroshima....

The Japanese were never going to willingly unconditionally surrender.
They were planning to do so, we just couldn't wait for them if we wanted to show off to the Russians.

Besides the cost in lives of an invasion, we wanted a fast surrender to stop the Russians from occupying more land. Letting them know we were not afraid to use our new toys could also have been a factor in Truman's thinking.

Don't get me wrong I feel for the all the innocent civilians who died in that war. But that really was a different time.
That changes nothing of the fact that it was an unnecessary use of weapons of terror.

Then, you must be pissed that we handed eastern europe back to russia after the war.
Patton was.

They were planning to do so, we just couldn't wait for them if we wanted to show off to the Russians.

They were planning conditional surrender.

No they were not.....they sent signals to Washington that they would withdraw from conquered territories to their borders if we stopped. After 4 years of carnage we were not about to let them off the hook.

Yes, with the conditions of 1) No disarmament of Japanese Troops 2) No Occupation of Japan 3) No war crimes trials for Japanese Military personnel 4) retention of the Emperor. These were a no go for the allies.

In the end we gave them a conditional 4).

That's the only face they were allowed to save. We even confiscated their samurai swords. There are thousands in private collections in the US. Japan is the only country that can assign true value to these swords but they have a law now that keeps those swords in country if they are brought in to be evaluated.

Sounds like you've been watching "American Pickers"...not many people know this.

Besides the cost in lives of an invasion, we wanted a fast surrender to stop the Russians from occupying more land. Letting them know we were not afraid to use our new toys could also have been a factor in Truman's thinking.

Don't get me wrong I feel for the all the innocent civilians who died in that war. But that really was a different time.
That changes nothing of the fact that it was an unnecessary use of weapons of terror.

Then, you must be pissed that we handed eastern europe back to russia after the war.
Patton was.

Wrong again, moron....Patton was killed in a car wreck in 1945 and never knew what happened after Germany surrendered.

To each his own.

Patton was.

Wrong again, moron....Patton was killed in a car wreck in 1945 and never knew what happened after Germany surrendered.
His plan was to fight the Russians, while over there. Get a sense of humor.

The America-haters here delight in trying to make our enemies into tragic figures....they twist facts around until nobody knows what to believe.....Fifth columnists and they don't even know how they're being used.

The America-haters here delight in trying to make our enemies into tragic figures....they twist facts around until nobody knows what to believe.....Fifth columnists and they don't even know how they're being used.
Don't try to make acts of terrorism worthy. It might work, like our use of terrorism in Japan, but it's never worthy.

This is the moment the city was about to be torn apart by the first nuclear weapon ever used. Notice the people standing in the foreground unaware that they were about to be incinerated:

Hiroshima_zps532z4r92.jpg

If this picture shows people about to be incinerated by the nuclear blast, then how did the camera and the film survive? The camera isn't much farther from the blast than the people in this photograph, and if those people are close enough to be incinerated, then so is the camera and the film.

Duh...this camera and the film was obviously spared by some twist of fate...it's a real picture that I found and brought here to show the fury of an atomic blast.

That sounds a lot like you have no idea. Or if it's real as well.

His plan was to fight the Russians, while over there. Get a sense of humor.

"a sense of humor"? So you're some snarky pinhead just trying to piss people off with your bullshit? FYI, WW2 wasn't funny...60,000,000 people lost their lives.

They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.

The ruling class was going to inflict millions of US military deaths by invading mainland Japan.

Do you know the conditions the US sent to Japan before dropping the bombs? Look those up and tell me whether dropping nuclear bombs was a necessary evil.

They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.

The ruling class was going to inflict millions of US military deaths by invading mainland Japan.

Do you know the conditions the US sent to Japan before dropping the bombs? Look those up and tell me whether dropping nuclear bombs was a necessary evil.

You tell me, Ivan....I'm sure your borscht-gobblers have figured out some good lies about us.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
Actually after the emperor decided to announce Japan's surrender after the Nagasaki bomb a group of military officers tried to overthrow him to prevent the surrender from being broadcast preferring to fight to the end rather than suffer in their mind the dishonor of surrender.
So, who was in charge them, he or they?

And they were soon to surrender anyway. We just wanted to show off our new toys and we couldn't drop them on Tokyo, we might have killed people who mattered, so when we went more off the grid.
Technically in imperial Japan during WW2 the emperor was in charge in reality the military was. The only reason he made the call for surrender was because the heads of the military could not reach an agreement on what to do half wanted to surrender half to continue fighting he was asked to break the deadlock. These are the facts accept them or ignore them I really don't care either way I will always respect ones right to be uninformed.

"uninformed" = another point of view.
Feel free to research what I have posted and see if it's inaccurate or untrue.

Thanks, very kind of you, since what you've posted here reads like speculation.

Ah, the labels again when no coherent argument is at hand.

They were told that above, perhaps they'll listen to you.

Actually after the emperor decided to announce Japan's surrender after the Nagasaki bomb a group of military officers tried to overthrow him to prevent the surrender from being broadcast preferring to fight to the end rather than suffer in their mind the dishonor of surrender.
So, who was in charge them, he or they?

And they were soon to surrender anyway. We just wanted to show off our new toys and we couldn't drop them on Tokyo, we might have killed people who mattered, so when we went more off the grid.
Technically in imperial Japan during WW2 the emperor was in charge in reality the military was. The only reason he made the call for surrender was because the heads of the military could not reach an agreement on what to do half wanted to surrender half to continue fighting he was asked to break the deadlock. These are the facts accept them or ignore them I really don't care either way I will always respect ones right to be uninformed.

"uninformed" = another point of view.
Feel free to research what I have posted and see if it's inaccurate or untrue.

Thanks, very kind of you, since what you've posted here reads like speculation.
Look for the book The Last Misson it details the story I have posted about. Heads up there is a book about a bomber crew in Europe with the same title.

They were planning conditional surrender.

No they were not.....they sent signals to Washington that they would withdraw from conquered territories to their borders if we stopped. After 4 years of carnage we were not about to let them off the hook.

Yes, with the conditions of 1) No disarmament of Japanese Troops 2) No Occupation of Japan 3) No war crimes trials for Japanese Military personnel 4) retention of the Emperor. These were a no go for the allies.

In the end we gave them a conditional 4).

That's the only face they were allowed to save. We even confiscated their samurai swords. There are thousands in private collections in the US. Japan is the only country that can assign true value to these swords but they have a law now that keeps those swords in country if they are brought in to be evaluated.

Sounds like you've been watching "American Pickers"...not many people know this.

Sounds like everything you know comes from television and you're projecting that on everyone else.

You tell me, Ivan....I'm sure your borscht-gobblers have figured out some good lies about us.

To abdicate the emperor, which is the equivalent of abolishing the second amendment or burning all bibles in the United States.

The Imperial High Command, which was governed by 5 officers, was one vote away from surrendering to the United States.

Guess who is still around?

akihito-3.jpg

Forum List

Back