Hiroshima....

So, who was in charge them, he or they?

And they were soon to surrender anyway. We just wanted to show off our new toys and we couldn't drop them on Tokyo, we might have killed people who mattered, so when we went more off the grid.

That's a lie, they weren't going to surrender. What they proposed was that we just stop fighting. That would have left the militaristic government in place that started the war and would have been destined to do it again
Your spin doesn't play anywhere near as good as most here. A truce, call it what you like, was okay for Korea but we couldn't have done such a thing with Japan?

Only Japan didn't again because a military power and we are still here. North Korea might be nuts but the peace is still holding. Your spin for why we had to use weapons of terror on Japan doesn't hunt.

Um ... no ... Strawman. I said Korea was a bad idea, we didn't fight it to win it. We should have assured China we'd stop at the border and win the war when we controlled most of the country. Fighting China to a standoff was just a waste of lives. We need to either fight to win wars or stay out of them. Which is why I keep advocating staying out of them since we have no will to win them
You're going to have to make up your mind on why we had to take over Japan but we could make peace with North Korea? In your mind I guess Germany and Italy shouldn't be allowed to have pop-guns yet just like Japan?

I keep saying we should have won the war with North Korea and invaded them, you stupid fuck. What is wrong with you? Seriously?

I keep saying we should do one of two things:

1) Fight a war to win it: Including WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama

2) Stay out: Gulf War I, Gulf War II, Haiti, Kosovo, Bosnia, ...

Afghanistan I think we should have destroyed the Taliban, but not invaded and tried to build a nation there. Stupid move

We had the Vietnam War won by the summer of '68...nothing between us and Hanoi up Highway 1...and Johnston lost his nerve. Another democRAT who should have been hanged on the South Lawn of the WH.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
We know...our fake president BOWED to the little asshole.

Okay, but you know that is unrelated to my point.

If dropping nuclear weapons was the only option, then explain why allowing Japan to keep their emperor (which ended up being done anyways) was not an option.

They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

Ridiculous.
It's history.

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.
It's history. The rationalization is we had to drop the bombs to "save" lives, which wasn't true.

We dropped the bombs to save AMERICAN lives and it worked.

And by that rationale anyone who drops that stuff on us would be saving THEIR lives I reckon. Course, we're the only nation that ever has. Yet.

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.
It's history. The rationalization is we had to drop the bombs to "save" lives, which wasn't true.

Well, how very brave of US. Isn't that the same as saying that ISIS killing Americans is saving Muslim lives?

What we were mostly doing was showing off for the Russians. And these important targets included this little gem -

"US Secretary of War Henry Stimson voiced successfully against the selection of Kyoto as a target, arguing that the city held cultural importance to the world; he also had a personal attachment to the city as he and his wife traveled to Kyoto on their honeymoon many years prior."

You were invited to leave this thread ya piece of shit....everybody here knows what you are.

That's a lie, they weren't going to surrender. What they proposed was that we just stop fighting. That would have left the militaristic government in place that started the war and would have been destined to do it again
Your spin doesn't play anywhere near as good as most here. A truce, call it what you like, was okay for Korea but we couldn't have done such a thing with Japan?

Only Japan didn't again because a military power and we are still here. North Korea might be nuts but the peace is still holding. Your spin for why we had to use weapons of terror on Japan doesn't hunt.

Um ... no ... Strawman. I said Korea was a bad idea, we didn't fight it to win it. We should have assured China we'd stop at the border and win the war when we controlled most of the country. Fighting China to a standoff was just a waste of lives. We need to either fight to win wars or stay out of them. Which is why I keep advocating staying out of them since we have no will to win them
You're going to have to make up your mind on why we had to take over Japan but we could make peace with North Korea? In your mind I guess Germany and Italy shouldn't be allowed to have pop-guns yet just like Japan?

I keep saying we should have won the war with North Korea and invaded them, you stupid fuck. What is wrong with you? Seriously?

Afghanistan I think we should have destroyed the Taliban, but not invaded and tried to build a nation there. Stupid move

We had the Vietnam War won by the summer of '68...nothing between us and Hanoi up Highway 1...and Johnston lost his nerve. Another democRAT who should have been hanged on the South Lawn of the WH.

Everything is partisan to some, it's a disease.

So, who was in charge them, he or they?

And they were soon to surrender anyway. We just wanted to show off our new toys and we couldn't drop them on Tokyo, we might have killed people who mattered, so when we went more off the grid.

You are welcome to keep saying things but that doesn't change the history.

It's history.

Well, how very brave of US. Isn't that the same as saying that ISIS killing Americans is saving Muslim lives?

What we were mostly doing was showing off for the Russians. And these important targets included this little gem -

"US Secretary of War Henry Stimson voiced successfully against the selection of Kyoto as a target, arguing that the city held cultural importance to the world; he also had a personal attachment to the city as he and his wife traveled to Kyoto on their honeymoon many years prior."

You were invited to leave this thread ya piece of shit....everybody here knows what you are.

My my my, childish much?

We know...our fake president BOWED to the little asshole.

Okay, but you know that is unrelated to my point.

If dropping nuclear weapons was the only option, then explain why allowing Japan to keep their emperor (which ended up being done anyways) was not an option.

The little guy in the pictures is the Emporer's son. I already explained why he was spared....that was MacArthur's call by the way.

It's history.

Why, exactly, would I care what some dogmatic tool for America can do no wrong thinks of me?

What are you talking about? There was a full fucking army between the US military and Hanoi.

The US military never operated in the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. The war was being fought against Viet Cong guerrillas and special units from PAVN.

Richard Nixon was the president when US troops pulled out as well. Not Lyndon B. Johnson.

Yes, LBJ murdered a lot of people for nothing. We'd have had it won sooner if he'd ever been committed to winning it

We had it won? The Pentagon Papers, why they didn't want them released, said there was no way to win. And just look at that will ya, we lost another one.

Everything is partisan to some, it's a disease.

It has nothing to do with partisan, it's an irrefutable historic fact. We'd killed all the Viet Cong at that point. We had to stop and wait for them to build a new army to kill Americans

Terrorism can work. It sure did there.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.

I agree. The use of those bombs brought the war to an end.

If they hadn't been used our soldiers would have invaded and fought every Japanese on the island who would have fought to the death for their emperor.

What are you talking about? There was a full fucking army between the United States and Hanoi.

The US military never operated in the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. The war was being fought against Viet Cong guerrillas and special units from PAVN.

Nixon was the president when US troops pulled out too.

I was THERE asshole...there was nothing left of the VC and only remnants of the NVA after the second half of Tet. They were scattered, disorganized, and dispirited....we'd have taken Hanoi in 2 weeks.

I think the Vietnam war and the Korean were for legitimate purposes, but we fucked both up in the execution and would have been better off staying out of them rather than fight it the way we did, particularly Vietnam

The Korean War had basis in moral justice . North Korea were aggressors.

The Vietnam War (which was not an actual war) was wholly unjust. It was driven by greed for geopolitical power, and it caused forced division and chaos among the Vietnamese people at the behest of the US military-industrial complex.

Well, as it happened I agree. We should have stayed out rather than fought it the way we did. However, had we gone in, won, set up the Vietnamese and left it would have been totally justified. We had the military power to do that, but not the political will. LBJ because it was his economic policy, Nixon because the country was no longer behind the war.

Perhaps we shouldn't be trotting around the globe setting up govts for others. Just a thought. I mean hell, look how well that turned out in Iran for example.

What are you talking about? There was a full fucking army between the United States and Hanoi.

Nixon was the president when US troops pulled out too.

I was THERE asshole...there was nothing left of the VC and only remnants of the NVA after the second half of Tet. They were scattered, disorganized, and dispirited....we'd have taken Hanoi in 2 weeks.

Pffffft, Jesus, and to think you coulda "won" that for "us".

Terrorism can work. It sure did there.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

You are full of shit up to your eyeballs.

Terrific rebuttal.

Thank you!

Forum List

Back