Hiroshima....

Terrorism can work. It sure did there.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.
Want me to link to source documents again that prove that the Japanese were not going to surrender? Even after 2 atomic bombs the Government of japan refused to surrender and it took direct intervention by the Emperor and then the Army staged a Coup to try and stop that.

I was THERE asshole...there was nothing left of the VC and only remnants of the NVA after the second half of Tet.

Typical uneducated idiocy.

There were only several thousand dead North Vietnam soldiers by the end of the Tet offensive, and the units participating in the offensive were not apart of the conventional armed forces.

Here is some trivia. How large was the PVAN during the Vietnam war?

Um ... no ... Strawman. I said Korea was a bad idea, we didn't fight it to win it. We should have assured China we'd stop at the border and win the war when we controlled most of the country. Fighting China to a standoff was just a waste of lives. We need to either fight to win wars or stay out of them. Which is why I keep advocating staying out of them since we have no will to win them
You're going to have to make up your mind on why we had to take over Japan but we could make peace with North Korea? In your mind I guess Germany and Italy shouldn't be allowed to have pop-guns yet just like Japan?

I keep saying we should have won the war with North Korea and invaded them, you stupid fuck. What is wrong with you? Seriously?

I keep saying we should do one of two things:

1) Fight a war to win it: Including WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama

2) Stay out: Gulf War I, Gulf War II, Haiti, Kosovo, Bosnia, ...

Afghanistan I think we should have destroyed the Taliban, but not invaded and tried to build a nation there. Stupid move

We had the Vietnam War won by the summer of '68...nothing between us and Hanoi up Highway 1...and Johnston lost his nerve. Another democRAT who should have been hanged on the South Lawn of the WH.

Everything is partisan to some, it's a disease.

It has nothing to do with partisan, it's an irrefutable historic fact. We'd killed all the Viet Cong at that point. We had to stop and wait for them to build a new army to kill Americans

"Another democRAT blah blah blah ...."

Yes hon, it does.

Yes, LBJ murdered a lot of people for nothing. We'd have had it won sooner if he'd ever been committed to winning it

Win what?

Completely eradicate the Viet Cong? Impossible.

Destroy the Democratic Republic of Vietnam? The US was never at war with them.

Build a new sandbox to keep Americans on government payroll and satiate the military-industrial complex? In that case the US military was victorious

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.
It's history. The rationalization is we had to drop the bombs to "save" lives, which wasn't true.

We dropped the bombs to save AMERICAN lives and it worked.

And by that rationale anyone who drops that stuff on us would be saving THEIR lives I reckon. Course, we're the only nation that ever has. Yet.

They started it with a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. Would you call that a terror attack? Probably not.

Terrorism can work. It sure did there.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

You are full of shit up to your eyeballs.

Terrific rebuttal.

Thank you!

You betcha! I think you made him see your point!

It's history.

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.
It's history. The rationalization is we had to drop the bombs to "save" lives, which wasn't true.

We dropped the bombs to save AMERICAN lives and it worked.

And by that rationale anyone who drops that stuff on us would be saving THEIR lives I reckon. Course, we're the only nation that ever has. Yet.

They started it with a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. Would you call that a terror attack? Probably not.

Like I said hon, "Terrorism" is always what the "other guys" do.

I was THERE asshole...there was nothing left of the VC and only remnants of the NVA after the second half of Tet.

Typical uneducated idiocy.

There were only several thousand dead North Vietnam soldiers by the end of the Tet offensive, and the units participating in the offensive were not apart of the conventional armed forces.

Here is some trivia. How large was the PVAN during the Vietnam war?

I'm "uneducated"? LMAO!!! I wrote some of the assessments/ after-action reports during the summer of '68, ya little bookworm. You better head on back to something John Kerry wrote about "summer soldiers"...that fucking coward is on your side of the story.

You're going to have to make up your mind on why we had to take over Japan but we could make peace with North Korea? In your mind I guess Germany and Italy shouldn't be allowed to have pop-guns yet just like Japan?

I keep saying we should have won the war with North Korea and invaded them, you stupid fuck. What is wrong with you? Seriously?

Afghanistan I think we should have destroyed the Taliban, but not invaded and tried to build a nation there. Stupid move

We had the Vietnam War won by the summer of '68...nothing between us and Hanoi up Highway 1...and Johnston lost his nerve. Another democRAT who should have been hanged on the South Lawn of the WH.

It has nothing to do with partisan, it's an irrefutable historic fact. We'd killed all the Viet Cong at that point. We had to stop and wait for them to build a new army to kill Americans

Yes hon, it does.

Your desire to rewrite history is dull

By the way, anyone that believes several ten thousand deployed US troops could of defeated the PVAN with half a million conventional Vietnamese soldiers with artillery, aircraft, tanks, ect....

....is not thinking with their head.

Yes, LBJ murdered a lot of people for nothing. We'd have had it won sooner if he'd ever been committed to winning it

Win what?

Build a new sandbox to keep Americans on government payroll and satiate the military-industrial complex? In that case the US military was victorious

You're still arguing the point not in contention. I already agreed we should have stayed out of it rather than do what we did. I was referring to something which completely didn't happen. If our objective had been to help the Vietnamese government defeat the communist insurgency. I'm referring to an entirely different scenario than what happened

I think it's fascinating.....the leftists have put 40 years and untold hours into manipulating these doorknobs to hate their own country and this is the end-product.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Yes hon, it does.

Bitching about a political party in america isn't history son.

I'm "uneducated"? LMAO!!! I wrote some of the assessments/ after-action reports during the summer of '68, ya little bookworm.

I am sure your superiors found your little diary entries to be amusing.

Win what?

You're still arguing the point not in contention. I already agreed we should have stayed out of it rather than do what we did. I was referring to something which completely didn't happen. If our objective had been to help the Vietnamese government defeat the communist insurgency. I'm referring to an entirely different scenario than what happened

We shouldn't have been there period, wrap ya head around that.

By the way, anyone that believes several ten thousand deployed US troops could of defeated the PVAN which half a million conventional Vietnamese soldiers with artillery, aircraft, tanks, ect....

is not thinking with their head.

I'd pay a hundred bucks to take you back in time and kick your ass out the door of a Huey with red smoke in the air....and I'd have had to because you'd have been shitting your trousers. And having been a hippie draftee you'd have been shot dead your first day out in injun country. What's tragic is you'd have gotten your platoon mates killed right along with ya.

Yes hon, it does.

Bitching about a political party in america isn't history son.

I was talking about the Vietnam war, you keep bringing up party. I said both LBJ and Nixon fucked up. You're so obsessed with party you hear nothing else

Forum List

Back