🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

There's been quite a lot of church fires and church attacks recently. The media hasn't really been reporting on them and they've been shutting down any discussion about it. I think the reason is because they donlt want the public to be aware of the extent of the global trend and to be able to place it all into context and start asking tougher questions.

And surprisingly the mainstream cable news entertainment programming platforms n whole have been very hesitant to blame any groups, there's been a crackdown at FOX particularly since the recent PA Synagague. Then they also suspended Pirro immediately after her criticism of Omar.

Here, FOX News cuts off any discussion about them...Cavuto in the first one and Smith in the second one. Clearly they're running interference for the State Department, even if this particular incident has quickly been publicly abeled an accident. They're still investigating it, no doubt about it. With churches and synagogues under attack all over the world, you bet they are. That's likely why the media is shutting down and avoiding any deeper discussion about it. And it's likely why they have been hesitant to blame ay specific groups with this one.

Last edited:
it had been badly neglected. Now the French will expect donations to rebuild it.

Notre Dame’s destruction was ‘bound to happen’ after years of neglect and lack of keep up, expert claims

The lack of real upkeep and daily attention to such a major building is the cause of this catastrophe,” Jean-Michel Leniaud, president of the scientific council at the national Heritage Institute told AFP. “This is not about looking for people to blame. The responsibility is collective because this is the most loved monument in the country.”

Personally? I think that the fire probably originated in an area that was undergoing renovation. And, Notre Dame was currently undergoing renovations.

From the OP's link...........................

The cathedral – immortalized in Victor Hugo’s 1831 novel “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” – was undergoing a massive $6.8 million renovation project when the blaze broke out. It was an effort to turn back the clock on centuries of neglect of the beloved monument.

Maybe in a way the blaze was a blessing in disguise. $6.8 million, versus the over $700 million they've raised in a matter of hours.

Careful how many times you say that. Say it too many times, and some nutjobs on these boards will claim that the French set fire to it themselves to raise the money to refurbish it.
Totally agree.....like the nutjob lie that it took two hours to start fighting the fire/that the firefighters let it burn.

Here's a question. Who is responsible for putting out fires if the Cathedral would have been under attack?

Last edited:
it had been badly neglected. Now the French will expect donations to rebuild it.

Notre Dame’s destruction was ‘bound to happen’ after years of neglect and lack of keep up, expert claims

The lack of real upkeep and daily attention to such a major building is the cause of this catastrophe,” Jean-Michel Leniaud, president of the scientific council at the national Heritage Institute told AFP. “This is not about looking for people to blame. The responsibility is collective because this is the most loved monument in the country.”

Personally? I think that the fire probably originated in an area that was undergoing renovation. And, Notre Dame was currently undergoing renovations.

From the OP's link...........................

The cathedral – immortalized in Victor Hugo’s 1831 novel “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” – was undergoing a massive $6.8 million renovation project when the blaze broke out. It was an effort to turn back the clock on centuries of neglect of the beloved monument.

Maybe in a way the blaze was a blessing in disguise. $6.8 million, versus the over $700 million they've raised in a matter of hours.

Careful how many times you say that. Say it too many times, and some nutjobs on these boards will claim that the French set fire to it themselves to raise the money to refurbish it.
Totally agree.....like the nutjob lie that it took two hours to start fighting the fire/that the firefighters let it burn.
We didn’t lie you dumbassed troll. We reported what was being reported on the news!

That is bullshit and I'm still waiting for a link saying no firefighting equipment was on site until 8 p.m.

I watched it live. The cathedral burned for nearly two hours before any water was applied; and the reports were that first responders were standing around because they had not equipment on site. The reports then discussed the congestion of rush hour traffic. So, you can shove your opinion where it belongs.

Questions for Paris fire brigade as Notre Dame inferno burns out of control for hours | Daily Mail Online

Gridlock and the isolation on an island blocked the fire trucks
What would you have done?

Oh puhleeze. Fire engines with sirens can maneuver through traffic.
Not gridlock in a major city

No place to pull over

B'loney.
Never been in a city, have ya?

dhaka-gridlock.jpg

Last edited:
I watched it live. The cathedral burned for nearly two hours before any water was applied; and the reports were that first responders were standing around because they had not equipment on site. The reports then discussed the congestion of rush hour traffic. So, you can shove your opinion where it belongs.

Questions for Paris fire brigade as Notre Dame inferno burns out of control for hours | Daily Mail Online

Gridlock and the isolation on an island blocked the fire trucks
What would you have done?

Oh puhleeze. Fire engines with sirens can maneuver through traffic.
Not gridlock in a major city

No place to pull over

B'loney.
Never been in a city, have ya?

I've lived in cities my entire adult life, and have had to pull my car over to the side of the street IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC to let emergency vehicles pass. Such things are quite common occurrences all over the world.

Not
Conservatives can't stop the hate
Yes, pointing out a cause of a failure is hate in Leftardia.

Not even a day and you are starting hate inspired conspiracy theories
Only a liar can claim it was an accident before the fire is even out.
Fire was still burning and you are blaming Muslims
What an ass
Conservatism is a cult. They blame Muslims for many of the world's problems just like Nazi's blamed Jews. It's the same mindset that feels compelled to cast blame on their enemies.
That’s a good one. Muslims are persecuted just like the Jews throughout history. Did you go to a university to learn such stupidity?

I
Notre Dame Rose Windows Are Safe, Paris Officials Say

Notre Dame Rose Windows Are Safe, Paris Officials Say

notre-dame-rose-windows-safe.jpg

:)

This is inaccurate. The South and West window were destroyed; the North one was damaged, but an be restored. The trio of smaller ones were saved.
Think you may be wrong on that one. Pictures showing the interior after fire show the fire was in the center of the church and well away from all the big stained glass rose windows which are located out on the ends and we'll away from the center of the cross. The cathedral floorplan forms a cross when viewed from above. The steeple and the fire were dead center of the cross. Even the organ is OK.

So what is the verdict of USMB Conservatives after a devastating fire in an internationally admired landmark?

1. Must have been set by Muslims
2. The French are too inept to put out fires

C’est le symbole de notre France et notre histoire qui pars en fumée, c’est horrible ce qui arrive, un grand soutient aux pompiers et aux autres secouristes qui font de leur possible pour sauver une partie de notre patrimoine

the symbol of our france and our history is on fire. love to the firefighters who did everything possible to save our culture!
Everything except get there promptly.

WHO started the fire , did he have a BEARD and a wierd name ??
The report I read said the French police were looking into some careless thing due to renovations, but it was hours ago I read that, but I'm sure the French will leave no stone unturned when all is said and done. They did assert there was no evidence of intentional setting fire to the place by anyone else. We'll see.

Oh, and one other thing. My heart goes out to the French people on the brink of losing a symbol of France's past. When I was growing up, France was thought of as not only the fashion center of the world, but a country who encouraged art and innovation, medical cures of bad problems
WHO started the fire , did he have a BEARD and a wierd name ??
The report I read said the French police were looking into some careless thing due to renovations, but it was hours ago I read that, but I'm sure the French will leave no stone unturned when all is said and done. They did assert there was no evidence of intentional setting fire to the place by anonw else. We'll see.
They declare it’s not arson before the investigation even started.

Kind of like when San Bernardino was not terrorism until it was.
I saw some early enthusiasm about its site becoming a Muslim stronghold in another thread. It wouldn't be fitting to blame the wrong people before forensics evidence is even given a chance to come up with. If it is as police suspect, Joe Careless was working away at working away, with no motivation to decimate such a wonderful house of worship and an endearment to the local communities. Best to let the sleuths find out what happened and pray for those whose life was changed by the good things that took place in that church--faith in goodness of mankind who is given the opportunity to find within himself what he wants to do with his life.

Prayers up for the faithful in France. Bone tired after a day at charity bees sewing effort. Finished a pink quilt for a sweet baby girl, and now I'm paying the price for working like I thought I was 20 again. lol It's so early, too. Y'all play nice, now. :) :sleep:

Forum List

Back