🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

Ya....that is silly. Lets not make this political for once. :(

B'loney. This tragedy was exacerbated by an incompetent response on the part of the government. There was no fire fighting equipment used on site until 2 hours after the fire started. Calling for "non-political" comments only is a call for a cover-up of bureaucratic malfeasance.
That is bullshit and I'm still waiting for a link saying no firefighting equipment was on site until 8 p.m.

I watched it live. The cathedral burned for nearly two hours before any water was applied; and the reports were that first responders were standing around because they had not equipment on site. The reports then discussed the congestion of rush hour traffic. So, you can shove your opinion where it belongs.

Questions for Paris fire brigade as Notre Dame inferno burns out of control for hours | Daily Mail Online

What's the matter with the French? I know they're cheap, but seriously? No fire suppression equipment installed in Notre Dame? How about the dozens of other irreplaceable buildings in Paris? Are we going to led to believe that Notre Dame burned down because of a cigarette butt and there wasn't even a smoke detector in the place?
Yeah
Trump Tower fire leaves man dead and 6 firefighters injured - CNN
Interesting.

What the heck is wrong with people??
Twitter

notre dame on fire is the most aesthetically pleasing visually i’ve ever seen

B'loney. This tragedy was exacerbated by an incompetent response on the part of the government. There was no fire fighting equipment used on site until 2 hours after the fire started. Calling for "non-political" comments only is a call for a cover-up of bureaucratic malfeasance.
That is bullshit and I'm still waiting for a link saying no firefighting equipment was on site until 8 p.m.

I watched it live. The cathedral burned for nearly two hours before any water was applied; and the reports were that first responders were standing around because they had not equipment on site. The reports then discussed the congestion of rush hour traffic. So, you can shove your opinion where it belongs.

Questions for Paris fire brigade as Notre Dame inferno burns out of control for hours | Daily Mail Online
Whatever.

Believe whatever floats your boat, which in your case is to attack the Paris authorities.

I believe what I personally observed. I realize that making your own assessments based on direct observation is beyond your scope, but que sera sera.
I think the French will figure out what happened. Fortunately it seems repairs can fix the damage. Remember when a very similar thing happened at Buckingham Palace? As I recall some of the art was a total loss.
Windsor Castle

Gridlock and the isolation on an island blocked the fire trucks
What would you have done?

President Trump was very clear on what could have been done. But apparently President Macron unwilling to take advice.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 23h23 hours ago
So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!
Our President knows nothing about fighting fires, knows nothing about the architecture and structural integrity of Notre Dame, knew nothing about the scope of the fire

Just Monday morning quarterbacking

it had been badly neglected. Now the French will expect donations to rebuild it.

Notre Dame’s destruction was ‘bound to happen’ after years of neglect and lack of keep up, expert claims

The lack of real upkeep and daily attention to such a major building is the cause of this catastrophe,” Jean-Michel Leniaud, president of the scientific council at the national Heritage Institute told AFP. “This is not about looking for people to blame. The responsibility is collective because this is the most loved monument in the country.”

Personally? I think that the fire probably originated in an area that was undergoing renovation. And, Notre Dame was currently undergoing renovations.

From the OP's link...........................

The cathedral – immortalized in Victor Hugo’s 1831 novel “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” – was undergoing a massive $6.8 million renovation project when the blaze broke out. It was an effort to turn back the clock on centuries of neglect of the beloved monument.

Oh puhleeze. Fire engines with sirens can maneuver through traffic.
Not gridlock in a major city

No place to pull over

it had been badly neglected. Now the French will expect donations to rebuild it.

Notre Dame’s destruction was ‘bound to happen’ after years of neglect and lack of keep up, expert claims

The lack of real upkeep and daily attention to such a major building is the cause of this catastrophe,” Jean-Michel Leniaud, president of the scientific council at the national Heritage Institute told AFP. “This is not about looking for people to blame. The responsibility is collective because this is the most loved monument in the country.”

Personally? I think that the fire probably originated in an area that was undergoing renovation. And, Notre Dame was currently undergoing renovations.

The cathedral – immortalized in Victor Hugo’s 1831 novel “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” – was undergoing a massive $6.8 million renovation project when the blaze broke out. It was an effort to turn back the clock on centuries of neglect of the beloved monument.

Correct! I read an article that said Victor Hugo wrote the novel in 1851 partly to highlight the need to restore the cathedral. So this has been a long time coming.

Maybe in a way the blaze was a blessing in disguise. $6.8 million, versus the over $700 million they've raised in a matter of hours.

Maybe in a way the blaze was a blessing in disguise. $6.8 million, versus the over $700 million they've raised in a matter of hours.

Careful how many times you say that. Say it too many times, and some nutjobs on these boards will claim that the French set fire to it themselves to raise the money to refurbish it.

and asking questions , thinking , speculating is the Western Way way to do things Faun and Bode . And NOTHING is Off Limits to speculate or ask questions on .
You are absolutely correct...but let us not forget, we have free speech also.
------------------------------------- AGREE , plus its a good thing as it keeps the thread going plus your replies demonstrate YOUR ignorance and nonthinking Bode :afro: . No Offense Girl !!
No offense taken...I always consider the source first. :10:

I read they would not be able to restore it to it’s original state because France did not have the tall trees it had back in the 12th century.

Oh puhleeze. Fire engines with sirens can maneuver through traffic.
Not gridlock in a major city

No place to pull over

B'loney.

So.....this is the fault of climate change and social engineering.......................okay.... :71:

I know, right? But for some odd reason, it's a CRC lie being spread.

Oh blah blah blah so sleepy....zzzzzz

You only believe what your msm masters tell you. How sad, but fitting.
Very ironic by someone repeating the lie that the Paris firefighters didn't do anything for 2 hours.

This is so sad. I have visited (and even attended Mass) at Notre Dame quite a few times. It's such a beautiful place - quite a testament to human achievement and powerfully spiritual. Quite devastating to see it destroyed.

Yes, I'm not religious at all, but whenever I am in Paris (we have a flat a couple of hundred yards from Notre-Dame) I always attend a Latin Mass just to watch the pageantry. This is a tremendous loss for mankind.

According to a lot of news reports this morning, there was quite a bit of stuff that was able to be saved and moved to a safe location. That was good news as far as I was concerned.

Not
Conservatives can't stop the hate
Yes, pointing out a cause of a failure is hate in Leftardia.

Not even a day and you are starting hate inspired conspiracy theories
Only a liar can claim it was an accident before the fire is even out.
Fire was still burning and you are blaming Muslims
What an ass
Conservatism is a cult. They blame Muslims for many of the world's problems just like Nazi's blamed Jews. It's the same mindset that feels compelled to cast blame on their enemies.

So is global warming hysteria, but this thread is about Notre-Dame. That was a magnificent building, with centuries of history. History that is now lost. Yes, it will be rebuilt, but it is forever changed.

I read they would not be able to restore it to it’s original state because France did not have the tall trees it had back in the 12th century.

I say they import the wood from the Amazon rain forest. Those savages aren't using it.

Forum List

Back