History Quiz

freeandfun1 said:
Lord Mountbatten?

Reminds me of a joke when I was a kid....

You know how we know Lord Mountbatten had dandruff?

His Head & Shoulders were found on the beach!
Sick!

But you get to ask a question anyway.

USViking said:
Sick!

But you get to ask a question anyway.

This man was instrumental in bringing India into the British Empire.

(Hint - did anybody watch Jeapordy last night?)

USViking said:
I did not know there was one, although the communists may have been part of ruling coalitions, perhaps in Italy and elsewhere.

You can post as you wish on this thread, anyone may, but the idea of the game is that you should be the first to answer a question correctly before asking a question of your own.

Okay, I'm sorry about that!

Blashyrkh said:
No, sorry: it's San Marino
That was a good one.

As a courtesy to our new member for the clever question, I'll let him ask for me if I got it right in post #426.

If I got it wrong we both must wait.

USViking said:
That was a good one.

As a courtesy to our new member for the clever question, I'll let him ask for me if I got it right in post #426.

If I got it wrong we both must wait.

I don't really know what you mean (my knowledge of English fails me here...)

I've been gone for a bit. How about those that want to 'play', play and those that want to do something else, do something else? I would rather time be given for someone that 'knows' the answer to come up with it, but if the players do go to outside sources, just let everyone know, that you did so? Seems fair enough to me. What say those who would like to play?

Kathianne said:
I've been gone for a bit. How about those that want to 'play', play and those that want to do something else, do something else? I would rather time be given for someone that 'knows' the answer to come up with it, but if the players do go to outside sources, just let everyone know, that you did so? Seems fair enough to me. What say those who would like to play?

It became boring once it became obvious that some were going to google right away. I like your idea better.

Kathianne said:
I'm with you.

It's brother Karl's turn, but since he dropped us for weekend party night #1,
I'll fill in for him.

Question:
Confessor to Queen Isabella of Castille/Spain,
and founder of the Spanish Inquisition.

USViking said:
I'm with you.

It's brother Karl's turn, but since he dropped us for weekend party night #1,
I'll fill in for him.

Question:
Confessor to Queen Isabella of Castille/Spain,