History Quiz

KarlMarx said:
This is a guess.... Schroedinger?
No, Schroedinger independently discovered quantum wave mechanics
about a year after Heisenberg's discovery.

Hint: Heisenberg and his mentor were assisted by another post-doc named Pascal Jordan in developing the matrix theory.

USViking said:
No, Schroedinger independently discovered quantum wave mechanics
about a year after Heisenberg's discovery.

Hint: Heisenberg and his mentor were assisted by another post-doc named Pascal Jordan in developing the matrix theory.
OK... I had to look this up.... Max Born?

USViking said:
I would say your .999 batting average still leads the league by a comfortable margin.

Ask away!
Bletchley Park --- what was it?

I'll see you in the AM..... I have to get up to go to work early

KarlMarx said:
Bletchley Park --- what was it?

I'll see you in the AM..... I have to get up to go to work early
It housed the WW2 UK code breaking headquarters.

Question:
UK math great who worked at Bletchley; he later became famous for writings on AI, and computers. Commited suicide in the wake of a morals conviction
which would not now be a chargeable offence.

USViking said:
It housed the WW2 UK code breaking headquarters.

Question:
UK math great who worked at Bletchley; he later became famous for writings on AI, and computers. Commited suicide in the wake of a morals conviction
which would not now be a chargeable offence.
Alan Turing

Discovered the ladder structure of DNA

KarlMarx said:
Alan Turing

Discovered the ladder structure of DNA
Blast it- I've read Watson's The Double Helix (a priceless book), and the helix ladder structure was already surmised. Watson and Crick established that it was a double helix, and figured out how the ladder rungs were made up.

No doubt the originator of the ladder structure is clearly named in that book, but I can't recall who.

I'm gonna have to cheat to get this one.

I'll sleep on it, and maybe someone else can get it without looking it up.

Problem with these online quiz's is, the answer is just a couple clicks away inside your favorite search engine.

I'd love to play, but this is too easy.

We need some IQ questions instead, preferably made up by others from scratch, and completely fool proof from cheating. I'd be up for a thread like that.

Comrade said:
We need some IQ questions instead, preferably made up by others from scratch, and completely fool proof from cheating. I'd be up for a thread like that.

So would I. This thread has kinda fallen apart.

The comedy continues!!!!!!!

OK... thinking caps on.....

Heinrich Himmler, the dreaded head of the SS.... what was his profession before joining the Nazi Party?

KarlMarx said:
The comedy continues!!!!!!!

OK... thinking caps on.....

Heinrich Himmler, the dreaded head of the SS.... what was his profession before joining the Nazi Party?
Chicken farmer.

Say, who was the answer to the DNA question?

gop_jeff said:
OK, here we go:

There is a donut-shaped house with a garden in the middle. The house has six doors. There are three doors on the outside of the house that lead away from the house, and three doors on the inside of the house that lead into the garden area.

True or false (and explain your answer): you can walk up to the house, go through each door exactly once, and walk away from the house.

Some people here think this thread is doing just fine.

Nothing can stop you from breaking in doing and something different, but as a courtesy to those who like it as is, could you please start another thread on this different theme?

Forum List

Back