USViking said:
I'm with you.

It's brother Karl's turn, but since he dropped us for weekend party night #1,
I'll fill in for him.

Question:
Confessor to Queen Isabella of Castille/Spain,
and founder of the Spanish Inquisition.

Torquemada?

I'm late sorry, but the correct answer for "who was the Public Accusor" was'nt Robespierre, but Fouquier-Tinville.

I already posted something about that in the thread about the 100 greatest French (in the "Europe" main thread)

So, your question order is wrong, all the questions asked since this one were not legitim :D :D

(joke)

padisha emperor said:
I'm late sorry, but the correct answer for "who was the Public Accusor" was'nt Robespierre, but Fouquier-Tinville.

I already posted something about that in the thread about the 100 greatest French (in the "Europe" main thread)

So, your question order is wrong, all the questions asked since this one were not legitim :D :D

(joke)

In case you hadn't noticed, I suggested a google search when I posed the question. I didn't see anyone post what you say? :D

No matter, I would prefer not to re-argue that, the "correction" comment was a joke, directed at you no less. Soooo, don't worry, be happy! :)

The joke was this sentence :

So, your question order is wrong, all the questions asked since this one were not legitim

For the link on USMB :

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18828&page=5

Fouquier-Tinville, Antoine Quentin , 1746–95, French revolutionary. A lawyer, he was public prosecutor (Mar., 1793–July, 1794) of the Revolutionary Tribunal; he personified the ruthlessness of the Reign of Terror. Among his numerous victims were Marie Antoinette and Georges Danton. After the fall of Maximilien Robespierre, Fouquier-Tinville was tried and guillotined

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/people/A0819350.html

;)

And even if in English Robespierre is called "public Accusor" or "public accusator" or "public prosecutor", it's wrong, it was Fouquier-Tinville ;)

For the question, I think also that's Torquemada

padisha emperor said:
The joke was this sentence :

For the link on USMB :

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18828&page=5

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/people/A0819350.html

;)

And even if in English Robespierre is called "public Accusor" or "public accusator" or "public prosecutor", it's wrong, it was Fouquier-Tinville ;)

For the question, I think also that's Torquemada

WHATEVER. I said it was a joke. No need to rehash this is there? I would much prefer to fight about something else, if you don't mind.

personnly I don't care, it is for you. I, I knew the answer to your wuestion. It was just to correct, and then you'ld knew the correct answer. But if you prefer that I stay silent the next time somebody would be wrong... :D
Well, who has to ask the new question ?

padisha emperor said:
personnly I don't care, it is for you. I, I knew the answer to your wuestion. It was just to correct, and then you'ld knew the correct answer. But if you prefer that I stay silent the next time somebody would be wrong... :D
Well, who has to ask the new question ?

Go for it.

For what , the new question ? well....hard, if i ask about a french History event, Kathianne would say i'm too proud of France. :D (lol, Kathianne)

if France wold be a monarchy, two men could be the new king. the one is the Count of Paris, member of the royal family of the Orléans. Who would be the second, and why ? ;)

padisha emperor said:
For what , the new question ? well....hard, if i ask about a french History event, Kathianne would say i'm too proud of France. :D (lol, Kathianne)

if France wold be a monarchy, two men could be the new king. the one is the Count of Paris, member of the royal family of the Orléans. Who would be the second, and why ? ;)

I looked it up on Wikipedia, just because I care PE! (humor boy, humor!). The answer: Charles III, also apparently know as "the Simple"-I am NOT making that up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_III_of_France

Charles III "the Simple" (September 17, 879 - October 7, 929) was a member of the Carolingian dynasty. He ruled as King of France from 898 to 922.

The posthumous son of King Louis II of France and Adelaide, Charles married Frederonne who died in 917 and he then married Eadgifu, the daughter of King Edward I of England, on October 7, 919.

As a child, Charles was prevented from succeeding to the throne at the time of the death in 884 of his half-brother Carloman or at the time Charles the Fat was deposed in 887 after he had succeeded Carloman. Instead, Odo, Count of Paris, succeeded Charles the Fat. Nonetheless, Charles became king at the death of Odo in 898.

The kingdom of Charles the Simple was almost identical with today's France, but he was obliged to concede what would become known as Normandy to the invading Norsemen.

In 922 some of the barons revolted and crowned Robert I, brother of Odo, king. In 923, at the battle of Soissons, King Robert was killed, but Charles was also defeated. Rudolph, Duke of Burgundy was elected king, and Charles III was imprisoned.

Charles III died on October 7, 929, in prison at Péronne, Somme, France and was buried there at the L'abbaye de St-Fursy. His son with Eadgifu would eventually be crowned King Louis IV of France.

Kathianne said:
I think that is correct, did you look it up? What do you know about him?

Well, I didn't look it up. I had think of 'History of the World: part 1' immediately, where there's a funny song about the Spanish Inquisition.

Blashyrkh said:
Well, I didn't look it up. I had think of 'History of the World: part 1' immediately, where there's a funny song about the Spanish Inquisition.

That's very cool. Did you post a question? I'm looking now...

Kathianne said:
That's very cool. Did you post a question? I'm looking now...

Sorry, I'm learning the game.

Question: how many American presidents have been of Dutch descent?

Blashyrkh said:
Sorry, I'm learning the game.

Question: how many American presidents have been of Dutch descent?

I know the Roosevelts, that's 2. Any more than that, I'd have to look up!

Kathianne said:
I know the Roosevelts, that's 2. Any more than that, I'd have to look up!

Wasn't there a third one, named Van Buren? because he would obviously be of Dutch descent. So the answer is 3.

IControlThePast said:
Well what if you count Reagan who had the nickname Dutch? :p

Reagan wasn't 'Dutch' so three is the answer. Go ahead our Dutch friend, ask a new question...

Kathianne said:
Reagan wasn't 'Dutch' so three is the answer. Go ahead our Dutch friend, ask a new question...

Ok, you folks seem really sharp and knowledgable of your history so here's one:

Which company did Standard Oil make an agreement with to not research into coal hydrogenization in exchange for the other company to not build any hydrogenation refineries?

On an interesting side note, there has been speculation that the agreement did not really exist and Standard Oil cooperated with mystery company, because mystery company broke the agreement, used the refineries to provide rubber for the military, operated one in a concentration camp, and Standard went immediately and helped mystery company recover in 1945. A US panel ruled that Standard's agreement helped make Germany's initial attacks so successful.

Kathianne said:

Question: in what year was the European Union founded and which 7 nations were the first members?

Blashyrkh said:
Question: in what year was the European Union founded and which 7 nations were the first members?

1957 and Luxom\ber is only one of the contries I know for sure is a founding country. Let me guess, Geramay and France were too?

Forum List

Back