History Quiz

France Germany Italy Belgium Netherlands and Luxembourg, in 1957, Treaty of Rome.

( 6 countries, not 7, and it was the European Economic Community, not the EU - EU : just in 1992, not before ;) )

kathianne, it was not exaclty what I meant (not at all in fact) but I think thatmy question was not well asked.
I meant : TODAY, with the count of Paris (Bourbons Orléans' family), who could be also maybe the king of France if France would be again a Monarchy ? (so, now, in the 21st century)

The french monarchists are today in two camps : the one for the Count of Paris and the second for an other guy. The first are called the "orléanistes" (orleanists), and the second, so the men for the guy you had to search, are called the "légitimistes" (legitimists).

Who is this guy, and why him ? (you can give me only his function, his role, not necessary his name ;) )

If you don't wnat to search, I 'll answer to you, because you did a big research for Charles III. ;)

padisha emperor said:
France Germany Italy Belgium Netherlands and Luxembourg, in 1957, Treaty of Rome.

( 6 countries, not 7, and it was the European Economic Community, not the EU - EU : just in 1992, not before ;) )

Okay, sorry about asking the question wrong. :)

padisha emperor said:

kathianne, it was not exaclty what I meant (not at all in fact) but I think thatmy question was not well asked.
I meant : TODAY, with the count of Paris (Bourbons Orléans' family), who could be also maybe the king of France if France would be again a Monarchy ? (so, now, in the 21st century)

The french monarchists are today in two camps : the one for the Count of Paris and the second for an other guy. The first are called the "orléanistes" (orleanists), and the second, so the men for the guy you had to search, are called the "légitimistes" (legitimists).

Who is this guy, and why him ? (you can give me only his function, his role, not necessary his name ;) )

If you don't wnat to search, I 'll answer to you, because you did a big research for Charles III. ;)

is that question for Kathianne only?

Done your exams?

after the 100 Years War, during the 1460's - 1470's, which State was the most powerful of Europe ? (according to a lot of authors)

(there are two possible answers, but for one of them, you have to justify, to explain.)

Kathianne said:
Reagan wasn't 'Dutch' so three is the answer. Go ahead our Dutch friend, ask a new question...

Sorry, thought you're talking to me, still learning the game, and I'm Dutch.

padisha emperor said:
after the 100 Years War, during the 1460's - 1470's, which State was the most powerful of Europe ? (according to a lot of authors)

(there are two possible answers, but for one of them, you have to justify, to explain.)

France because it was united and the English could not claim the French throne anymore

it's true, France was united again, after this war.

But it was not exactly the answer I was wainting for. France was the second possibility, but with a justification, which would be the link with the true answer.

(for the previous question, about the second guy who can claim the throne of France today, it is the King of Spain. Because the royal family of Spain is a Bourbon family, so, they came from France : Louis XIV put is second grand son, Philippe, the Duke of Anjou, on the spanish throne. And after the war of the spanish succession (1713), Philippe d'Anjou became definitly Philippe V, king of Spain.
It's why there is the France's heraldry on the spanish flag

drap_esp2.jpg

There is the castle and Lion's symbol (up) , the navarre's symbol (down, right) (belong to the french kingdom, and the first Bourbon, Henri IV, was King of Navarre), the Aragon's symbol (down, left), and the France's symbol (Middle).

So, some monarchists in France are Orleanists, they want the continuation of the last king's succession (Louis Philippe Ier d'Orléans, king from 1830 to 1848), some others are for the "true" Bourbons, the king of Spain (not the Bourbons Orléans)
(the Bourbons came from Louis IX - around 1240 - , one of his son, Robert de Clermont, is the foundator of this french dynasty)

So, nobody for the mightiest state ? :)

padisha emperor said:
it's true, France was united again, after this war.

But it was not exactly the answer I was wainting for. France was the second possibility, but with a justification, which would be the link with the true answer.
So, nobody for the mightiest state ? :)

Well I thought that would be sorta self explanatory :p

Is the answer close enough or do you ask again?

I cutting in again, although I am curious to know which the most powerful state would be.

If the Ottoman Empire is considered European due to its territorial acquistions in Europe (which would be greatly expanded post 1400s), then it would be my choice.

Question:
Secretary of the Treasury fired by Lincoln, then later appointed SC Chief justice, also by Lincoln.

USViking said:
I cutting in again, although I am curiuos to know which the most powerful state would be.

If the Ottoman Empire is considered European due to its territorial acquisstions in Europe (which would be greatly expanded post 1400s), then it wold be my choice.

Question:
Secretary of the Treasury fired by Lincoln, then later appointed SC Chief justice, also by Lincoln.

Chase?

USViking said:
Yes, indeedie- ask away!
Yippee! I just was reading PE's answer, think I should have gotten point for all that work! :laugh:

Thinking...

USViking said:
I cutting in again, although I am curious to know which the most powerful state would be.

If the Ottoman Empire is considered European due to its territorial acquistions in Europe (which would be greatly expanded post 1400s), then it would be my choice.

I'm thinking Hapsburgs, but it's probably something much more obvious, like Britian. :laugh:

USViking said:
Yes, indeedie- ask away!

He was a political and religious leader in 17C Boston. Was not so tolerant of Anne Hutchinson's writings.

Kathianne said:
He was a political and religious leader in 17C Boston. Was not so tolerant of Anne Hutchinson's writings.
Mather? (if the last name is right, pl-e-e-e-ase don't come back and say: "Cotton or Increase?")

USViking said:
Mather? (if the last name is right, pl-e-e-e-ase don't come back and say: "Cotton or Increase?")
LOL Close but no cigar, on either Cotton or Increase!

Hint: He helped write the Fundamental Orders.

USViking said:
Jonathan Edwards?
Mather and Edwards are the only Puritan theologian names I can think of now.

If I come up with another, I'll post it. If no one else gets it in 12-24 hours, I always have my encyclopedias and google.

Forum List

Back