History Quiz

USViking said:
I ain't a closet anything.

German general who initially devised the strategy for the 1940 French campaign (ie diversion in force on the west flank into Belgium, followed by primary assault with most armor in the center of the front, through the Ardennes region).

Mansteine? (sic?)

USViking said:

German general who initially devised the strategy for the 1940 French campaign (ie diversion in force on the west flank into Belgium, followed by primary assault with most armor in the center of the front, through the Ardennes region).

Rommel?

USViking said:

Rundstedt?

USViking said:
Rommel commanded the armored division which had perhaps the most distinguished record in the campaign.

Unfortunately for him, he did such a good job they sent him to North Africa!

freeandfun1 said:
Unfortunately for him, he did such a good job they sent him to North Africa!
Fortunately, he was never given the resourses he needed to win there. Another division or two might have been enough.

USViking said:
Add a "Von" to the front, and subtract the last "e" and you got it exactly;
close enough, in any case.

:banana:

This guy lived in very bad times, (very beginning of Enlightenment) in a bad neighborhood. He must have had wicked dreams, for he wrote about a very scary place based on one of the books of the Bible. His 'scary place' is often used as another name for 'the government.'

I love one of the quotes, but I'll wait for someone to give an answer.

Kathianne said:
:banana:

This guy lived in very bad times, (very beginning of Enlightenment) in a bad neighborhood. He must have had wicked dreams, for he wrote about a very scary place based on one of the books of the Bible. His 'scary place' is often used as another name for 'the government.'

I love one of the quotes, but I'll wait for someone to give an answer.
Hobbes and Leviathan?

USViking said:
Hobbes and Leviathan?

Excellent! Next question...(I am going to have to go to bed shortly, been gone from the 6th graders for over a week and they were to complete a Roman Webquest...)

I'm going to bed soon, so I'm pretty sure I'm right regarding your hint so, my question is:

Since we are in the WWII timespan still, who was head of the German A4 program?

Just little notes about the A4. It was feared because, unlike the buzzbomb, it was faster than the speed of sound. You didn't hear it coming and you knew you survived if you heard its sound. Many important people in the A4 program, including this guy, conveniently escaped war crimes prosecution and came and worked for the US.

IControlThePast said:
I'm going to bed soon, so I'm pretty sure I'm right regarding your hint so, my question is:

Since we are in the WWII timespan still, who was head of the German A4 program?

Just little notes about the A4. It was feared because, unlike the buzzbomb, it was faster than the speed of sound. You didn't hear it coming and you knew you survived if you heard its sound. Many important people in the A4 program, including this guy, conveniently escaped war crimes prosecution and came and worked for the US.
Von Braun?

Forum List

Back