History Quiz

Said1 said:
Can I go?

Ok, thanks. :D

Which country first gave women the right to vote in national elections?

I think either Sweden or New Zealand?

Kathianne said:
I'll keep passing, it's summer!

Wimp!

Question:
The first place where women had the right to vote was (I think) actually a US terrirtory (later a state) in 1869.

Which one?

(I have read, I think, that New York allowed women to vote in the early 1800s, or maybe even the late 1700s, but that this right was wisely, I mean sadly revoked until the 19th amendment era. However, I can not find my source for this.)

USViking said:
Wimp!

Question:
The first place where women had the right to vote was (I think) actually a US terrirtory (later a state) in 1869.

Which one?

(I have read, I think, that New York allowed women to vote in the early 1800s, or maybe even the late 1700s, but that this right was wisely, I mean sadly revoked until the 19th amendment era. However, I can not find my source for this.)

Wyoming?

USViking said:
Yes. Now YOU ask a question, please.

Ok, one.

This US president had NO formal schooling, his wife taught him to read and write.

Abbey Normal said:
Which U.S. President served the shortest term, & why?

(is that too easy?)
While giving his inauguration speech he refused to wear a coat and he caught pneumonia and died a few weeks later. For the life of me though, I can't recall his name right now. At least I got it 1/2 right... lol

Abbey Normal said:
Which U.S. President served the shortest term, & why?

(is that too easy?)

Didn't W.H.Harrison give the longest Inaugural speech, and in bad weather, resulting in a fatal illness just a few weeks into his term?

freeandfun1 said:
While giving his inauguration speech he refused to wear a coat and he caught pneumonia and died a few weeks later. For the life of me though, I can't recall his name right now. At least I got it 1/2 right... lol

I got the other 1/2 forgot about why?

Forum List

Back