History Quiz

Question:

Mythical Seven Cities of _ (fill in the blank), of what is now the US Southwest, supposedly paved with gold, and such; searched for and never found by the Conquistadors.

USViking said:
Question:

Mythical Seven Cities of _ (fill in the blank), of what is now the US Southwest, supposedly paved with gold, and such; searched for and never found by the Conquistadors.
Cibola

Mr. Dilloduck gave me permission to fill in for him.

Question:

French Chief of State at the end of WW1;

He had a varied life, which included a stint as a teacher at the exclusive Miss Poter's School in Farmington Conn., whose alumnae include Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis.

It the presidnet at the real end of the War ( 1918), or a president after it.

because I have 3 propositions, the one during and after the war, and the 2 in 1920.

But I think to one candidate specially. because the "varied Life".

Does it begin with a D ?

padisha emperor said:
It the presidnet at the real end of the War ( 1918), or a president after it.

because I have 3 propositions, the one during and after the war, and the 2 in 1920.

But I think to one candidate specially. because the "varied Life".

Does it begin with a D ?

I used the phrase "Chief of State" because I am not sure of the correct title.

I hope I have my facts right, but I thought the man I had in mind was "Chief of State" for some time before and after the war's end.

His name does not begin with a "D".

Ok...I thought to Paul Deschanel, President of the Republic in 1920, with some strange stories...

Raymond Poincaré , president of the Republic, so Chief of State, from 1913 to 1920, if the searched man was really chief of State.

If not, Georges Clemenceau (President of the Council - prime minister - )

padisha emperor said:
Ok...I thought to Paul Deschanel, President of the Republic in 1920, with some strange stories...

Raymond Poincaré , president of the Republic, so Chief of State, from 1913 to 1920, if the searched man was really chief of State.

If not, Georges Clemenceau (President of the Council - prime minister - )

Clemenceau was who I was looking for.

I'll have to google Deschanel to see about those strange stories.

Ask us a question please

padisha emperor said:
Because you speak of a great mathematician, I think that's Blaise Pascal. (also great theologian)
Dang you, you removed your Descartes. :laugh:

Forum List

Back