History Quiz

padisha emperor said:
correct.

Go on ;)
the strategical principe was the concentration of the forces in one point, so, you take the advantage even if you have less soldiers. The domination in one place on the battlefield.

Hey PE, while I don't think you know current events all that well, :laugh: you sure know your history! :thup:

Easy one:

What do these ancient civilizations have as the root of their emergence as civilizations?

Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, China?

Kathianne said:
Hey PE, while I don't think you know current events all that well, :laugh: you sure know your history! :thup:

Easy one:

What do these ancient civilizations have as the root of their emergence as civilizations?

Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, China?

They all started alongside rivers
Mesopotamia - Tigris and Euphrates
Egypt - the Nile
India - the Indus
China - the Yangste or Yellow River (?) ---- I may be wrong as to which one

gotta run.... if I'm correct, here's mine

Name the architect of the first stone building in the world..... (hint.... it's a pyramid)

otherwise, nevermind

KarlMarx said:
gotta run.... if I'm correct, here's mine

Name the architect of the first stone building in the world..... (hint.... it's a pyramid)

otherwise, nevermind
You were correct, question on the table.

Said1 said:
I know Sneferu was one of the better known builders of the Pyramid Age, but don't know if he was the first.
True, but Sneferu was a pharaoh, not an architect. But you are correct, he is the first pharaoh to have built a true pyramid (as opposed to the step pyramid shapes up until then)... He also built three pyramids, all of which exist today... the "fallen" pyramid at Meidum, the "Bent" and "Red" Pyramids at Dahshur. You have to give the man credit for persistence. It was because of him that the Egyptians learned how to build true pyramids.

His son was Khufu, AKA "Cheops" to the Greeks, the pharaoh responsible for the building of the Great Pyramid.

padisha emperor said:
I don't know :D

I will google if nobody answers
Imhotep. He was the architect, also considered nearly a god.

If that is right, I'll pass the question.

Kathianne said:
Imhotep. He was the architect, also considered nearly a god.

If that is right, I'll pass the question.

Very good! Yes, answer is Imhotep, architect of the Step Pyramid at Saqquara (meaning "city of the Sokar - the god of the dead). His master was Djozer, pharaoh of the Third Dynasty. Also correct is that he was worshipped as a god during the Late Period, perhaps even as recently as the New Kingdom (Dynasty 18 or later).

padisha emperor said:
Kathianne said she passed her turn for the question, so :

Which Maréchal of Napoleon became King of Sweden under the name of Chalres the XIVth - his descendants still rule on Sweden - ?
(easy)

I hate my computer! 2nd try. PE, I love you for history. :kiss2: My questions tend to sound like a school marm, with that acknowledgement let me say I pass often because PE, Said1, and Viking offer interesting questions. PE, can next time you try to do something other than Europe, especially France? Thanks.

Question on the table:
Which Maréchal of Napoleon became King of Sweden under the name of Charles the XIVth - his descendants still rule on Sweden - ?

padisha emperor said:
Kathianne said she passed her turn for the question, so :

Which Maréchal of Napoleon became King of Sweden under the name of Chalres the XIVth - his descendants still rule on Sweden - ?
(easy)

Bernadotte.

One reason I know of him is that I read quite a good novel about him and his girlfriend (wife?) Desiree, who was also Napoleon's honey for a while.

I really wish Kathianne would take her turn. Her questions are just as good as anyone's. I'll wait and see if she obliges.

Kathianne said:
I hate my computer! 2nd try. PE, I love you for history. :kiss2: My questions tend to sound like a school marm, with that acknowledgement let me say I pass often because PE, Said1, and Viking offer interesting questions. PE, can next time you try to do something other than Europe, especially France? Thanks.

Question on the table:
Which Maréchal of Napoleon became King of Sweden under the name of Charles the XIVth - his descendants still rule on Sweden - ?

Perfect, USViking, as usual

of course, my next question will be out of France and Europe, but you certainly understand that i know better France and Europe History than others.
and my role as the "French of the board" is to give you some informations about my country and my old continent :D

(what is the problem with your computer ?)

padisha emperor said:
Perfect, USViking, as usual

of course, my next question will be out of France and Europe, but you certainly understand that i know better France and Europe History than others.
and my role as the "French of the board" is to give you some informations about my country and my old continent :D

(what is the problem with your computer ?)
:laugh: I don't know the problem with my computer, otherwise I'd fix it! ;)
It keeps cutting me offline. (DSL!) Arrrgggg :firing:

padisha emperor said:
This portuguese explorator gave its name to a New Mexico city. Who is it ?

Albuquerque?

I thought that was a Basque name.

Been there- not real pretty unless you are wild about sand and bare rock.

Nearby Santa Fe, Los Alamos, and the Sangre de Christo Mountains are beautiful, though.

Forum List

Back