Holy toledo! Trump up 12 points to tie Hillary in Reuters national poll

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoo!

This is awesome news. It's a statistical dead heat. Clinton 41 to Trump 40. He's up 12 points in a week. It's been such bullshit that she can't be beat. A young up and comer beat the crap out of her in 2008, an old lovable commie geezer is taking her out left right and center.

And now this! It's like the Royal Rumble with Donald now entering the ring and baby he will bring the furniture.

340D4B1500000578-3584892-DEAD_HEAT_-a-15_1462987975395.jpg

POLL: Trump in dead heat with Hillary, gaining 12 in the last week

Wow.

AND here is the thing. 18% undecided.

We've known Hillary the politician for 25 years. If you don't like her by NOW...you never will.

We've known Trump the politician for 9 months. If you don't hate him by now...after all he's said...you'll never hate him.

So....Hillary can only lose voters. And Trump? Can only gain them.

Get ready for mass suicide by liberals.....when President Donald Trump takes his oath.

Many of the undecided are quiet Trump supporters. Cautiously quiet ones as they don't want to be assaulted, maybe have their homes burned or tires slashed by paid Democrat thugs. Say, are those thugs unionized? If not, why not?

Wow.

We've known Hillary the politician for 25 years. If you don't like her by NOW...you never will.

We've known Trump the politician for 9 months. If you don't hate him by now...after all he's said...you'll never hate him.

Get ready for mass suicide by liberals.....when President Donald Trump takes his oath.

I was born a DEMOCRAT-----so registered on the day I turned------uhm----I think it was 18 back then but it may have been 21.-------I will not slit my throat on inauguration day--------at heart-----the Donald is a democrat

Many of the undecided are quiet Trump supporters. Cautiously quiet ones as they don't want to be assaulted, maybe have their homes burned or tires slashed by paid Democrat thugs. Say, are those thugs unionized? If not, why not?

I'm one of them. My girlfriends family are Democrats. Moderate ones and wonderful people but Democrats. She is independent. I keep religion and politics out of these personal gatherings. So....when they ask me what I think....I tell them I don't like some of the things Hillary and Sanders say about cops....but I also just say I don't agree with Trump either...so I'm not voting.

Bullshit. I'm smashing that Trump button in the voting booth as hard as I can. There are so many like me to. We don't tell anyone who knows us personally or that we actually talk to on the phone. But we will vote Trump.

I think Trump is gonna win by 3% or more.

I honestly think Trump needs to pick a VP with the thought that in 2020 he may not run for a 2nd term and pass the torch.

That may be what seals the backing of the GOP big wigs....having one of "their guys" in waiting. Let Trump be president...cement his place in history....go nuts for 4 years Godzilla stomping political correctness and building Trump Wall....then ride off into the sunset and let his VP take the 2020 election .

Trump has touched a nerve among white voters but given demographics these statistics are meaningless. Democrats haven't won the white vote since Civil Rights. Still the white working class feels left out economically and uncomfortable with social change. The piece below covers his appeal.

"Last week, Donald Trump became the leader of the Republican Party. He thrashed his way to this summit by understanding what many intelligent people utterly failed to see: the decline of American institutions and mores, from Wall Street and the Senate to cable news and the Twitterverse, made the candidacy of a celebrity proto-fascist with no impulse control not just possible but in some ways inevitable. It shouldn’t have been such a surprise. An early tremor came in 2008, in the person of Sarah Palin, who endorsed Trump before almost any other top Republican. In her contempt for qualifications, her blithe ignorance, she was an avatar for Trump. A lot of Republicans, many of them female, saw in the small-town common woman an image of themselves; many men see in the say-anything billionaire an image of their aspirations. Palin showboated her way from politics to reality TV, while Trump swaggered in the opposite direction. Together, they wore a path that is already almost normal." Trump and American Despair

Wow.

Wait, I'm a bit confused. Knowing Hillary the politician for 25 years means you like her by now or you never will. Knowing Trump the politician for only 9 months means if you don't hate him, you never will. That leads to Trump gaining votes and Hillary losing them?

I can understand that Hillary has been around long enough that it will be hard to get people to start liking her if they don't already. By the same token, I'd think it would be hard to get people to start disliking her if they already like her, so where does the losing votes part come into play?

As to Trump, I don't see any reason people who don't yet hate him couldn't learn to. He might say something new which a person sees as the last straw, or touches on a subject he hasn't spoken of much or at all in the past, who knows? Hillary could do the same thing, even though "We've known Hillary the politician for 25 years.".

Besides, is hatred the bar being set for Trump? Are all of those who don't hate him going to vote for him?

I have no idea who will end up winning the election, I just don't see the chain of reasoning you're using here.

In a poll limited to angry white males six months before the election maybe. Get serious. Trump has no chance in the General.

Trump supporters are hilarious.

20 polls with Clinton in the lead and the polls don't matter. One poll where Trump is closing and they go bananas.

Trump v Clinton.png

Not entirely clear about what population is being tested. "The online survey of 1,289 people was conducted over five days in the last week and has a credibility interval of 3percentage points." If the survey is online, then a sample of millions would be expected, and possibly needed: To be at all meaningful.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!)
(Many Fire Ants maybe go to polls in Texas, and maybe their candidate will emerge the winner(?)!)

Trump is surging while Hillary is on a losing streak, trying to fend off Bernie...and the FBI...

:p

Is this an online poll? I don't see polling aggregaters (Huffpost pollster, RCP or 538) listing this poll in their averages.

Wasserman will blame it on the 100% of all white men who are racists that are all voting for donald

I assure you they are card-carrying members of some union.

I honestly think Trump needs to pick a VP with the thought that in 2020 he may not run for a 2nd term and pass the torch.

That may be what seals the backing of the GOP big wigs....having one of "their guys" in waiting. Let Trump be president...cement his place in history....go nuts for 4 years Godzilla stomping political correctness and building Trump Wall....then ride off into the sunset and let his VP take the 2020 election .

Trump's VP pick is everything at this point. The right pick 'may' increase his chances but the wrong pick most certainly would guarantee his defeat. I'd say odds are better than 50/50 he ends up picking some buffoon like Ross Perot did.

Trump's VP pick is everything at this point. The right pick 'may' increase his chances but the wrong pick most certainly would guarantee his defeat. I'd say odds are better than 50/50 he ends up picking some buffoon like Ross Perot did.

Do you think Perot would have had a chance at winning with a better VP?

Do you think Perot would have had a chance at winning with a better VP?

Winning...hard to say but its clear his choice of VP hurt him. It would be worse for Trump the comparison is apples and oranges.

In a poll limited to angry white males six months before the election maybe. Get serious. Trump has no chance in the General.

Reuters and Ipsos are solid. And he's winning in all demographics among Republicans. Yes even women and those with incomes above $100,000 and the well educated.

Forum List

Back