Homeland Security Report Warns Of Rising Right-Wing Extremism

Get to know your fellow countrymen and women. Please, quit perpetuating this division crap.

We may all come from different places, and have different ideas on how to achieve happiness, but at the end of the day ordinary people on both the right and left want to make the world a better place for their children.

Quit obsessing over the negative, and start buying into the positive.

that would be nice, but they get more hateful towards their own fellow countrymen and women everyday...look how they speak about the people in the Tea Party...everyday joe and jill America

It's sad to watch when they should be putting their anger at what this government is doing to us...

Yea, but I've demonstrated (successfully) to many liberal friends the downsides of their arguments, and the downsides of big government. At times, they've also illustrated to me the downsides of too little government with regards to various points and issue. Those sorts of conversations are much more productive than the "Democrats are this, or Republicans are that" path.

Too little government?

that would be nice, but they get more hateful towards their own fellow countrymen and women everyday...look how they speak about the people in the Tea Party...everyday joe and jill America

It's sad to watch when they should be putting their anger at what this government is doing to us...

Yea, but I've demonstrated (successfully) to many liberal friends the downsides of their arguments, and the downsides of big government. At times, they've also illustrated to me the downsides of too little government with regards to various points and issue. Those sorts of conversations are much more productive than the "Democrats are this, or Republicans are that" path.

Too little government?

Yes. Government rules/regulations aren't always a bad thing. I sometimes forget this.

Last edited:
The biggest act of domestic terrorism the last 40 years came from the extreme right wing.

No it came from a mentally disturbed individual,that found offence because of the second and third biggest terrorist act in 40 years.

Where can we find more people that think like you?

Just come to Chicago!

The biggest act of domestic terrorism the last 40 years came from the extreme right wing.

No it came from a mentally disturbed individual,that found offence because of the second and third biggest terrorist act in 40 years.

In the same manner that 19 "mentally disturbed" al-Qaeda terrorist "found offense" by American "terrorism" in the Islamic world.

In the same manner that 19 "mentally disturbed" al-Qaeda terrorist "found offense" by American "terrorism" in the Islamic world.

Say there are two groups of 10,000,000 people each (Group A and Group B).

If 1 person from Group A commits a crime, are you the sort of person who will generalize/simplify things and say that ALL people from Group A are criminals? Or that we should fear ALL people from group A?

Remember this, from 2009? Wingnuts went crazy over this report. Yet, once again it has been proven correct with the shootings in Kansas.

Homeland Security Report Warns Of Rising Right-Wing Extremism

If you think the conservative "Tea Party" movement is daunting, take a look at a new report issued by the Department of Homeland Security that says right-wing extremism is on the rise throughout the country.

In the report (a full copy of which is below), officials warn that right-wing extremists could use the bad state of the U.S. economy and the election of the country's first black president to recruit new members to their cause.
In the intelligence assessment issued to law enforcement last week, Homeland Security officials said there was no specific information about an attack from right-wing extremists in the works.

The agency warns that an extended economic downturn with real estate foreclosures, unemployment and an inability to obtain credit could foster an environment for extremists to recruit new members who may not have been supportive of these causes in the past.

In November, law enforcement officials were seeing more threats and unusual interest against then- President-elect Barack Obama than ever before.

ThinkProgress notes some key take-aways from the report:

Anti-immigration: “Rightwing extremist groups’ frustration over a perceived lack of government action on illegal immigration has the potential to incite individuals or small groups toward violence. If such violence were to occur, it likely would be isolated, small-scale, and directed at specific immigration-related targets.”

Recruiting returning vets: “Rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat.”

Gun-related violence: “Heightened interest in legislation for tighter firearms...may be invigorating rightwing extremist activity, specifically the white supremacist and militia movements.”

:lmao:

Synthia just LAPS the Obumbler Administration bullshit up.

Say there are two groups of 10,000,000 people each (Group A and Group B).

If 1 person from Group A commits a crime, are you the sort of person who will generalize/simplify things and say that ALL people from Group A are criminals? Or that we should fear ALL people from group A?

Straw man. I didn't say that.

But make sure to make that argument when conservatives say that about Muslim terrorists.

To this regime, Americans are a bigger threat to it, than terrorists are to Americans.

Rubio: Terrorists Training In Syria Could ?Soon? Attack US « CBS Houston

That's where their priorities are. And possibly where it should be. obama sees what has happened in Tunsia, in Egypt, Syria, Libya, and now Ukraine.

The revolution called the Arab Spring started in Tunisia when a man "broke the law" and had his wares taken from him by an overbearing government.

And your point?

Right wing extremism is an ongoing threat to American domestic security.

A threat? How big exactly?

Statistically what are the chances that you'll be wounded/killed in a homegrown, "right-wing extremist" attack in the next 20 years?

I would imagine you have a much greater chance of getting struck by lighting twice in the same week.

Please, quit perpetuating this bogus propaganda.

Straw man. I didn't say that.

But make sure to make that argument when conservatives say that about Muslim terrorists.

If someone calls a person a terrorist because he/she is a muslim, you bet I'll correct them.

However, there's no comparison between violence perpetuated by "American right wing extremism" and violence perpetuated by "Islamic extremism". People die every day around the world from the latter. The two are incomparable.

Too little government?

Yes. Government rules/regulations aren't always a bad thing. I sometimes forget this.

Ahhh, so you're one of the "give up a some liberty for some temporary security" crowd.

Too little government?

Ahhh, so you're one of the "give up a some liberty for some temporary security" crowd.

Lol, no I'm in the "use your head" crowd. You're barking up the wrong tree, Defiant1. Don't get me going.

Do I support things like the Patriot Act, NSA, NDAA 2012? No. But do I support things like paying taxes to maintain a highway system, laws against monopolies, laws against child labor, laws prohibiting businesses from dumping toxic waste matter into rivers..

Yes.

Last edited:
Homeland Security officials said there was no specific information about an attack from right-wing extremists in the works.

Yes, it was an extraordinary meaningful and information-packed article. it's virtually a "must read". Lol.

yeah...we have no actual knowledge of a rising threat or even a current threat...but obama told us to make stuff up and fear monger people against his political opponents.

Forum List

Back