Homeland Security Report Warns Of Rising Right-Wing Extremism

And your point?

Right wing extremism is an ongoing threat to American domestic security.

A threat? How big exactly?

Statistically what are the chances that you'll be wounded/killed in a homegrown, "right-wing extremist" attack in the next 20 years?

I would imagine you have a much greater chance of getting struck by lighting twice in the same week.

Please, quit perpetuating this bogus propaganda.

The chances are very low that anyone will be killed by any terrorist any time, regardless if its a Muslim terrorist or a right wing terrorism. Yet, we spent more than a trillion dollars and thousands of Americans died in response to a single terrorist act.

You can't whitewash one right wing domestic terrorist act and condemn another foreign terrorist act because it was perpetrated by someone who looks and sounds different than you.

And I'd say the same thing about left wing envirowackos who blow up labs or spike trees with nails.

The chances are very low that anyone will be killed by any terrorist any time, regardless if its a Muslim terrorist or a right wing terrorism. Yet, we spent more than a trillion dollars and thousands of Americans died in response to a single terrorist act.

You can't whitewash one right wing domestic terrorist act and condemn another foreign terrorist act because it was perpetrated by someone who looks and sounds different than you.

And I'd say the same thing about left wing envirowackos who blow up labs or spike trees with nails.

Lol, very true. I will say a few things though.

If you were to be dropped off at a random land point on the planet, it's much more likelier you'd die from Islamic extremism vs. "American far-right extremism" - right? I'm saying the two are wholly incompatible in that respect.

Secondly, I agree - the wars following 9/11 were ridiculously overblown and unnecessary. I mean, Iraq? I was completely against that. I was against a large-scale effort in Afghanistan. I am against the frivolous use of drones to kill innocent people in the name of "fighting terrorism". You don't have to convince me.

Right wing extremism is an ongoing threat to American domestic security.

A threat? How big exactly?

Statistically what are the chances that you'll be wounded/killed in a homegrown, "right-wing extremist" attack in the next 20 years?

I would imagine you have a much greater chance of getting struck by lighting twice in the same week.

Please, quit perpetuating this bogus propaganda.

actually thousands didn't die because of 9/11....you're confusing afghan with iraq...

and why do you think it was just over one act? it was a culmination of acts that went as far back as 1993. you know....the first WTC bombing....

Lol, very true. I will say a few things though.

If you were to be dropped off at a random land point on the planet, it's much more likelier you'd die from Islamic extremism vs. "American far-right extremism" - right? I'm saying the two are wholly incompatible in that respect.

Secondly, I agree - the wars following 9/11 were ridiculously overblown and unnecessary. I mean, Iraq? I was completely against that. I was against a large-scale effort in Afghanistan. I am against the frivolous use of drones to kill innocent people in the name of "fighting terrorism". You don't have to convince me.

I would agree that Islamic terrorism poses many, many times greater threat than right wing American terrorism. I don't think Glen Beck is going to blow himself up in Mecca, even if liberals would root for that.

Last edited:
I would agree that Islamic terrorism poses many, many times greater threat than right wing American terrorism. I don't think Glen Beck is going to blow himself up in Mecca, even if liberals would root for that.

And given our chance of dying in America by an Islamic-extremism fueled attack is incredibly, incredibly small and irrelevant, why support any sort of news story talking about the "dangers" of American Right-wing violence, which is many, many, many more times as rare?

It's fear mongering, dividing bullshit. That's all it is.

And given our chance of dying in America by an Islamic-extremism fueled attack is incredibly, incredibly small and irrelevant, why support any sort of news story talking about the "dangers" of American Right-wing violence, which is many, many, many more times as rare?

Because its newsworthy when DHS also believes it.

Gee, so volume is the determinant factor; X only killed a few, Y killed lots; therefor Y is evil and X is .... what?

The point is that this news story isn't about a legitimate, real threat (ie “right wing extremism”). Why is the threat illegitimate? Because you're more likely to be struck by lightning twice this week than die in an attack by a “right wing extremist” here in America. I mean, what's next?

A story about the dangers of dying while falling out of a couch? I'm sure someone's died from that in the past - but is it newsworthy? No, and the only reason you'd publish a story like that would be because you have an agenda against couches.

I’m chalking this story/OP up as propaganda. Any real or actual threat/truth is wildly overblown. Quit needlessly inciting fear in uninformed readers.

Last edited:
Too little government?

Yes. Government rules/regulations aren't always a bad thing. I sometimes forget this.

Ahhh, so you're one of the "give up a some liberty for some temporary security" crowd.

Ahh, another adherent of that absurd sophistry.

Newsflash: Every civil society, by definition, is founded upon the notion of always and forever ceding SOME liberty in exchange for some additional security.

So, what's the magic number where murder will suddenly matter?

How about if the rw white supremacist in Kansasss had killed, oh, say, 6 more?

Most Americans were deeply hurting for the families of 26 slaughtered children but for others, it was a cue to redouble their efforts to get more people to shoot each other.

Is there a different magic number depending on the cause?

The usual bunch side with the criminal element against their own country.

Criminal element? What criminal element?

This article implies that violence resulting from "right wing extremism" is a real thing in this country that we should be concerned about. But the problem is, it isn't. It's virtually non-existent.

This article is promoting fear of something that is not deserving of fear.

The usual bunch side with the criminal element against their own country.

And here they are

obama-holderx-large.jpg

Because its newsworthy when DHS also believes it.

DHS and all those other alphabet agencies are the ones who are causing it.
As designed.

Most Americans were deeply hurting for the families of 26 slaughtered children but for others, it was a cue to redouble their efforts to get more people to shoot each other.

You know I ask that exact same question when it comes to murderous inner city gangs and drug dealers.
They kill more people in this country then any other group. Damn terrorist.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We do not let them have guns. Surely we will not let them have ideas" -- Progressive Founding Father, Josef Stalin

You, Luddly, make (in my opinion) some hopelessly biased statements. No one was "redoubling their efforts to get more people to shoot each other"; the debate - instead - was whether or not we need to enact more gun control laws.

And what's the magic number? How about when it actually becomes an issue. The problem with the phrase "right-wing extremism" is that it's ambiguous and designed to make people like you fearful of ALL people who happen to own a gun and happen to vote Republican. That's not right. In fact it's absolutely wrong.

How about instead of categorizing the attack in Kansas as "right-wing extremism" - we more accurately describe it as a HATE CRIME perpetuated by an insane WHITE SUPREMACIST? That way, you leave out all of the normal, non-racist, non-insane law abiding citizens.

Quit propagating garbage. Quit dividing the country. Do something constructive vs. something destructive.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back