Homeless people vs Illegals...why does left support one and not the other?

Most homeless are homeless because they want to be.

No job. They don't pay taxes and they use shelters for food or a place to flop.

Homeless are a plague on the cities. They panhandle, shit and piss all over the streets and live wherever they can. Choking fields, alleys and any open place they can flop in.

Cities should ban them or turn them into street cleaners.

Loads of them are right where they want to be.

I’ve spent a lot of time working with the homeless in my city and this idea that one only side supports them is utterly preposterous. The people in the trenches of these organizations come from all walks of life.
True. That has been my experience in Chicago and its Metro Area (suburbs and collar counties) as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I’ve spent a lot of time working with the homeless in my city and this idea that one only side supports them is utterly preposterous. The people in the trenches of these organizations come from all walks of life.
True. That has been my experience in Chicago and its Metro Area (suburbs and collar counties) as well.

Huh? I haven't been back to Chicago since 2008, surely not the northwest burbs..

...Huh? I haven't been back to Chicago since 2008, surely not the northwest burbs...
How's Palatine, Illinois (a Northwest Burb), for starters?

JOURNEYS | The Road Home

Truth is, all six collar counties have operational and substantial homeless remediation programming in place.

The homeless are all around us... we just don't see most of 'em... nor do we see the remediation NPOs and their daily efforts.

• Thanks
...Huh? I haven't been back to Chicago since 2008, surely not the northwest burbs...

JOURNEYS | The Road Home

Truth is, all six collar counties have operational and substantial homeless remediation programming in place.

The homeless are all around us... we just don't see most of 'em... nor do we see the remediation NPOs and their daily efforts.

And no they (didn't) a few people would hang out by damn number one but they were not homeless.

JOURNEYS | The Road Home

And no they (didn't) a few people would hang out by damn number one but they were not homeless.

So you going to try to tell me their is tent cities now up and down the desplanes river?

https://www.journeystheroadhome.org/

They were around when I lived there.. I grew up in wheeling just a few miles away.

Then the need is still there, I'd venture...

There are shelter programs operating in Arlington Heights, Batavia, Park Ridge, Elgin, McHenry, etc.

And that's not counting dozens of homeless referral programs in that part of the Metro Area.

JOURNEYS | The Road Home

That reminds me I heard damn number one is gone now .

:(

https://www.journeystheroadhome.org/

They were around when I lived there.. I grew up in wheeling just a few miles away.

Then the need is still there, I'd venture...

There are shelter programs operating in Arlington Heights, Batavia, Park Ridge, Elgin, McHenry, etc.

And that's not counting dozens of homeless referral programs in that part of the Metro Area.

Park ridge? Where...

Thats the home to Hillary , Harrison Ford and my old girl friend Sharon .

That's a rich ass burb or was

Talking blue cities, this is what doesn't make sense to me.

Do you know why democrats are in charge in most major cities, because they can deal with the diverse population and are smarter than the regular Republican, and because Republicans are not up to the challenge, much harder and only Democrats can do it.

Here's a Republican controlled city, read about them.
These people slept outdoors in freezing weather. Here’s why they didn’t go to a shelter

Your own article clearly shows it’s by their own choice, as their unsanitary conditions excuse was debunked.

By the people who ran the shelter. LOL.

...Half day? Hawthorne? Bullshit... .
I have the advantage of you on this one.

During the 2002-2005 time frame, I sat on the design committee for the City of Chicago H(omeless) M(anagement) I(nformation) S(system).

During that time, our combined City/NPO committee was in regular talks with those in Lake, DuPage, Kendall, Will and LaSalle counties.

Although I left one-such contributing organization in 2012, I have kept fairly well versed on metro-area homeless remediation efforts.

The challenge is not to prove that NPO A or B is better at homeless remediation than another.

The challenge is to prove that homelessness exists on a substantive scale even in more wealthy towns and neighborhoods.

In this case, the northwest suburbs of Chicago.

That has been accomplished here.

You seem to be resisting the idea that homelessness exists on a substantive scale in places where you might not expect it.

Your lesser experience and knowledge on this subject and your resistance to presented fact are not my cross to bear.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back