Homeless people vs Illegals...why does left support one and not the other?

Agree but if we can't take care of the problem we already have , why does the left want more in?

Everything I read is the left is running homeless people away....

We can’t or won’t take care of these problems b/c it requires far too much thinking, time, and money. Who wants to put in all that effort in when blaming the “ominous they” and “the left/right” is so much easier.

We're not in charge , you guys wanted sanctuary cities and states and then out of the other corner of the mouth you wipe out tent cities and put medieval stakes in side walks and such.

I did? How odd I don't remember doing any of that. This post leads me to believe that you actually don't give a shit and more concerned with lame partisan politics. Get bake to me when you genuinely want to discuss this topic.

The topic is why does the left pass laws to outlaw homeless people, yet want more homeless people in America..?

You know why. For the same reason that people are getting shot everywhere in Chicago but the Miracle Mile.

Here is the thing that baffles me. You manage to categorize all of the left in one tiny box but you can't manage to go after any of the churches that sponsor immigration or try to get "refugees" a place here. Since we are shoving people into boxes, wouldn't the churches be the Right?

...Half day? Hawthorne? Bullshit... .
I have the advantage of you on this one.

During the 2002-2005 time frame, I sat on the design committee for the City of Chicago H(omeless) M(anagement) I(nformation) S(system).

During that time, our combined City/NPO committee was in regular talks with those in Lake, DuPage, Kendall, Will and LaSalle counties.

Although I left one-such contributing organization in 2012, I have kept fairly well versed on metro-area homeless remediation efforts.

The challenge is not to prove that NPO A or B is better at homeless remediation than another.

The challenge is to prove that homelessness exists on a substantive scale even in more wealthy towns and neighborhoods.

In this case, the northwest suburbs of Chicago.

that has been accomplished here.

You seem to be resisting the idea that homelessness exists on a substantive scale in places where you might not expect it.

Your lesser experience and knowledge on this subject and your resistance to presented fact are not my cross to bear.

I have Google map and using it right now...

I don't see no tent cities

Milwaukee Avenue (Chicago) - ...
Wikipedia › wiki › Milwaukee_Avenue_...

...I don't see no tent cities...
You have already been told that homelessness is largely a matter of loners, sheltering in isolation, as best they can.

Your childish petulance in yammering about 'tent cities' is not helping your case.

Last edited:
Just a simple question, the blue States and cities are trying to outright ban homelessness, yet they support more coming in?

Activists form 'wall' to protect belongings of homeless outside City Hall

At 9:30 am Monday morning, activists and homeless individuals joined hands outside Spokane City Hall, forming a "wall" to protest the city's plans to clean up the camp that was formed there to demand more resources for the homeless.

"This is what community looks like!" shouted Alfredo LLamedo to the group of dozens of people holding hands.

*Snip*

to get Spokane City Council to suspend an ordinance that barred people from sitting or lying on downtown sidewalks during the day.

Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed could solve this issue. The right wing refuses to help out.

Agree but if we can't take care of the problem we already have , why does the left want more in?

Everything I read is the left is running homeless people away....

We can’t or won’t take care of these problems b/c it requires far too much thinking, time, and money. Who wants to put in all that effort in when blaming the “ominous they” and “the left/right” is so much easier.

We're not in charge , you guys wanted sanctuary cities and states and then out of the other corner of the mouth you wipe out tent cities and put medieval stakes in side walks and such.

I did? How odd I don't remember doing any of that. This post leads me to believe that you actually don't give a shit and more concerned with lame partisan politics. Get bake to me when you genuinely want to discuss this topic.

The topic is why does the left pass laws to outlaw homeless people, yet want more homeless people in America..?

You know why. For the same reason that people are getting shot everywhere in Chicago but the Miracle Mile.

Here is the thing that baffles me. You manage to categorize all of the left in one tiny box but you can't manage to go after any of the churches that sponsor immigration or try to get "refugees" a place here. Since we are shoving people into boxes, wouldn't the churches be the Right?

What does that even mean?

When I lived in the Chicago area I never got shot and I could go anywhere hell I spent two months in cook county jail..

I never saw any homeless tents or shit..alot of fucked up places I would buy my cocaine from..

Just a simple question, the blue States and cities are trying to outright ban homelessness, yet they support more coming in?

At 9:30 am Monday morning, activists and homeless individuals joined hands outside Spokane City Hall, forming a "wall" to protest the city's plans to clean up the camp that was formed there to demand more resources for the homeless.

"This is what community looks like!" shouted Alfredo LLamedo to the group of dozens of people holding hands.

*Snip*

to get Spokane City Council to suspend an ordinance that barred people from sitting or lying on downtown sidewalks during the day.

Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed could solve this issue. The right wing refuses to help out.

You awake bed Head?

images (8).jpeg

*Snip*

The homeless are already voting democrat, the illegals are the new base

So in your world now the right doesn't want to have a wall?

So much deflection .

Not all of them and the wall will not work. Trump idea is faulty, as usual. I'm sure he wants his name on it too, with big flashy gold letters. LOL.
(PS: do you read any links, or should I just not post them for you?)

How won't the wall work (except you don't want it)

So does these work in your neighborhood?

View attachment 231096

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/09/20/trump-border-wall-survey-congress-republicans-billions/640196001/

Republicans warn: There’s a ‘big fight’ brewing over Trump’s border wall

most do not want to spend the money and don't want the wall and McConnell said in the 2nd article said,

In response to a question about what level of funding he would accept, McConnell said, “We’re going to try to help him get what he’s looking for,” referring to the President’s priorities.

help him get what HE is looking for. Few want it. Now Trump wants to blame it on the Dems, but many and most of the GOP and Cons do not want a wall.

So once again where does these "refugees" go?

Santa Clarita enacts new restrictions on homeless people: No sitting on sidewalks or sleeping in libraries

Santa Clarita enacts new restrictions on homeless people: No sitting on sidewalks or sleeping in libraries

Santa Clarita has enacted sweeping new rules barring individuals from sitting on sidewalks and sleeping in cars on public streets, joining other California municipalities that have passed laws to block homeless people from living in public spaces.

The City Council voted 5-0

Taking up donations to have a year around shelter. I think the city needs to make a park for them, as many will not use a shelter except to clean up and get a meal They are many who just fell on hard luck, but many are also on dependent on their drug of choice including alcohol. They might prefer to be homeless. Out of sight does not make them go away.

When I lived in the Chicago area I never got shot and I could go anywhere hell I spent two months in cook county jail..

I never saw any homeless tents or shit..alot of fucked up places I would buy my cocaine from..

It means that the business class will not tolerate crime so that the upper class and tourists will spend money in that area. They will not spend money in that area if they are afraid to visit the stores. They will not spend money on hotels and restaurants if they are terrified of crime in that area.

There are plenty of homeless people downtown. Many congregate in the Loop near the shelter. They won't stay in the shelter because you have to be inside by 6 PM--if I remember correctly.

Many of the people that sit on the city and county councils simply want the homeless gone and they don't care where they go. They don't have any answers, they don't have any funding or they want the funding to go to somewhere else and they don't give a shit. That includes Democrats and Republicans. The only difference is that the Democratic party insists on a halo.

I never got shot either but you are being intentionally obtuse.

So in your world now the right doesn't want to have a wall?

So much deflection .

Not all of them and the wall will not work. Trump idea is faulty, as usual. I'm sure he wants his name on it too, with big flashy gold letters. LOL.
(PS: do you read any links, or should I just not post them for you?)

How won't the wall work (except you don't want it)

So does these work in your neighborhood?

View attachment 231096

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/09/20/trump-border-wall-survey-congress-republicans-billions/640196001/

Republicans warn: There’s a ‘big fight’ brewing over Trump’s border wall

most do not want to spend the money and don't want the wall and McConnell said in the 2nd article said,

In response to a question about what level of funding he would accept, McConnell said, “We’re going to try to help him get what he’s looking for,” referring to the President’s priorities.

help him get what HE is looking for. Few want it. Now Trump wants to blame it on the Dems, but many and most of the GOP and Cons do not want a wall.

So once again where does these "refugees" go?

Santa Clarita has enacted sweeping new rules barring individuals from sitting on sidewalks and sleeping in cars on public streets, joining other California municipalities that have passed laws to block homeless people from living in public spaces.

The City Council voted 5-0

Taking up donations to have a year around shelter. I think the city needs to make a park for them, as many will not use a shelter except to clean up and get a meal They are many who just fell on hard luck, but many are also on dependent on their drug of choice including alcohol. They might prefer to be homeless. Out of sight does not make them go away.

Now you are making sense..?

It seems to me watching some videos they police themselves a bit just need public amenities.

It means that the business class will not tolerate crime so that the upper class and tourists will spend money in that area. They will not spend money in that area if they are afraid to visit the stores. They will not spend money on hotels and restaurants if they are terrified of crime in that area.

There are plenty of homeless people downtown. Many congregate in the Loop near the shelter. They won't stay in the shelter because you have to be inside by 6 PM--if I remember correctly.

Many of the people that sit on the city and county councils simply want the homeless gone and they don't care where they go. They don't have any answers, they don't have any funding or they want the funding to go to somewhere else and they don't give a shit. That includes Democrats and Republicans. The only difference is that the Democratic party insists on a halo.

Shocked i didn't know you were a Chicago guy/girl..

Now I like you..

I lived there for quite some time.

I lived there for quite some time.

Never knew that , the Sherry poster lives over the interstate from my old place in North Brook/Glenview

*Snip*

They probably do not even vote. They might not even know who the Potus is or care.

*Snip*

They probably do not even vote. They might not even know who the Potus is or care.

But penny how come you didn't answer my question why the left wants to take in more homeless people and we didn't solve our homless population?

Most homeless are homeless because they want to be.

No job. They don't pay taxes and they use shelters for food or a place to flop.

Homeless are a plague on the cities. They panhandle, shit and piss all over the streets and live wherever they can. Choking fields, alleys and any open place they can flop in.

Cities should ban them or turn them into street cleaners.

Loads of them are right where they want to be.

Do you really think a person makes an honest decision to be a "homeless person" ? A huge number of the homeless are veterans.

Forum List

Back