Honest and open debate on gun control

I believe we merely need to end the extra-Constitutional Prohibition of our War on Drugs. It was a mistake with alcohol and alcohol is a, powerful mood altering drug.
This thread is about gun control. Why are you trying to deflect it to drugs? Why do you try to deflect every thread you are in to some other topic that is not even remotely related?

Last edited:
Because their criminals choose not to use guns...but they have easy access to them when they want or need them. Europeans were always less violent because of their culture. Of course, they did kill over 12 million innocent men, women and children by marching them off to death camps....let's not forget to add that to their total and to their guilt....

As if WW2 didn't happen. The whole "Europeans are less violent" argument is ridiculous.

Why are you making up bull shit and trying to pass it off as fact? This government does not hand out tax stamps for machine guns to Americans who are known killers. This government will however buy you a machine gun if you are a member of a criminal cartel who is not an American. Get your facts straight, you are embarrassing yourself.

You can't get a tax stamp if you are a criminal. And you can't buy new machine guns at the store even if you are not a criminal because it's EFFING ILLEGAL TO SELL NEW MACHINE GUNS TO THE AMERICAN PUBLIC. What part of these VERY SIMPLE FACTS IS GOING OVER YOUR HEAD?

And criminals can't have any guns at all.....and yet they get them and murder 8,454 people...in 2013.......so again, if they wanted machine guns they would get them.
If guns were made too expensive to own criminals would switch to bats and knives... so what? It's not about stopping crime, it's about reducing the ability of people to defend themselves in an adequate fashion from government control. The plain fact is you can reduce crimes that are committed with a certain weapon by making that weapon expensive as hell.

You two are missing the point here.

If guns were made too expensive only poor law abiding people couldn't get them.....the criminals would just steal them or buy them through people who can pass background checks, like they already do......

guns are completely illegal in France...that doesn't stop their criminals from getting fully automatic weapons and 30 round magazines easily.........so making them expensive won't stop them either....when you steal something it is free....

And france has a very low rate of gun crime.

Because their criminals choose not to use guns...but they have easy access to them when they want or need them. Europeans were always less violent because of their culture. Of course, they did kill over 12 million innocent men, women and children by marching them off to death camps....let's not forget to add that to their total and to their guilt....

You aren't using facts, just oppinion. Fact is they have very low gun crime rates. You hardly make them sound less violent.

I have a paint ball gun. I turned it into a paint ball machine gun with a twenty dollar part. If I could legally convert
And france has a very low rate of gun crime.

Again... it's not about reducing crime. Gun control is about controlling guns. If they wanted to control crime it would be called crime control.

What? Since none of the measures you or the other guys push would achieve gun control or crime control...what is your point?
I believe we merely need to end the extra-Constitutional Prohibition of our War on Drugs. It was a mistake with alcohol and alcohol is a, powerful mood altering drug.
This thread is about gun control. Why are you trying to deflect it to drugs? Why do you try to deflect every thread you are in to some other topic that is not even remotely related?
Only the clueless and Causeless Right thinks that way:

Other than driving up the demand for products like Coca-Cola, Prohibition was largely ineffective. Americans continued to drink, although not at previous levels. Organized crime quickly filled the vacuum of legitimate saloons and alcohol dealers, allowing this criminal element to move beyond the ethnic neighborhoods they previously dominated. Mobster Al Capone owed his meteoric rise to the head of organized crime in Chicago directly to the policies of Prohibition. Just as Capone dominated Chicago, different crime leaders used the prohibition of alcohol as an avenue to illegitimate riches in other American cities. In the Bronx borough of New York City, gangster Dutch Schultz also worked his way up the organized crime ladder thanks to the opportunity to provide illegal alcohol. Source: Prohibition and Crime

Prove this to be true.
That's easy. If I destroy a gun by melting that gun down, remaining metal is no longer a gun.
This has nothing to do with what you said.
Please prove your claim that "The reason machine guns are not used in crimes is because of the tax stamp process."
Machine guns, for all practical intent, don't exist for general consumption. FACT
They do. There are a great many out there and they are available for purchase for anyone that can legally buy a gun.
The fact that you have to pay a transfer tax to buy one does nothing to prevent them from being used in a crime.
Fact.

And so, your point remains unproven.
Why are you making up bull shit and trying to pass it off as fact? This government does not hand out tax stamps for machine guns to Americans who are known killers. This government will however buy you a machine gun if you are a member of a criminal cartel who is not an American. Get your facts straight, you are embarrassing yourself.

You can't get a tax stamp if you are a criminal. And you can't buy new machine guns at the store even if you are not a criminal because it's EFFING ILLEGAL TO SELL NEW MACHINE GUNS TO THE AMERICAN PUBLIC. What part of these VERY SIMPLE FACTS IS GOING OVER YOUR HEAD?
Still waiting for you to prove your statement that "The reason machine guns are not used in crimes is because of the tax stamp process."

Incorrect. Please play again.
I quoted your statement. You may correct your statement, by restating it, or explain the corpus of BS that you think it means. But I'm explaining to you very basic facts about English, and I'm not sure why you think I'm wrong my use of English. Please explain why you think destroying two guns does not prevent criminals from getting those two guns that we destroyed.
Still not seeing anything worth responding to here.
Please try again.
Pull your fingers out of your ears and open your eyes then try to read it again. What part of the fact that a thing that does not exist can't be used, is confusing you so much?
There part where you think you can parse the OP to make a point.
Its called "pedantry" and it means you know you are desperate to be right even though you know you cannot.
Pedantry?
Yes,
Pedantry - definition of pedantry by The Free Dictionary
You've engaged in pedantry because you recognize that you cannot meet the challenge set to you.
:dunno:

That's easy. If I destroy a gun by melting that gun down, remaining metal is no longer a gun.
Please prove your claim that "The reason machine guns are not used in crimes is because of the tax stamp process."
Machine guns, for all practical intent, don't exist for general consumption. FACT
They do. There are a great many out there and they are available for purchase for anyone that can legally buy a gun.
The fact that you have to pay a transfer tax to buy one does nothing to prevent them from being used in a crime.
Fact.

Still waiting for you to prove your statement that "The reason machine guns are not used in crimes is because of the tax stamp process."
The reason machine guns are not even a blip in American Crime statistics is because of the tax stamp process.
Prove I'm wrong.

The reason machine guns are not even a blip in American Crime statistics is because of the tax stamp process.
Prove this to be true.
Statistically, it's a fact. We have a tax stamp process on machine guns, and we don't on all other types of guns. FACT. Statistically machine guns are barely used any crimes... best I can come up with is just twice in twenty years. Statistically it's a fact.

Fact.

Prove I'm wrong.
How easy is it to lug a machine gun around to commit crimes?

Prove this to be true.
Statistically, it's a fact. We have a tax stamp process on machine guns, and we don't on all other types of guns. FACT. Statistically machine guns are barely used any crimes... best I can come up with is just twice in twenty years. Statistically it's a fact.
Still waiting for you to prove your statement true.
Correlation does not imply causation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Fact.

Prove I'm wrong.
Depends which one... micro uzi's pretty small.

Prove this to be true.
So what you really meant by this OP is you want someone to prove god exists. As I stated already... without a machine gun in your hand you can't use it. The number of machine guns that can be sold to public have been reduced. Reducing even one machine gun reduces the number of machine guns that can be used at all. These are plain facts that you can't deny. But I expect you'll just move the goal posts again cause that's all you have.

Fact.

Prove I'm wrong.
Depends which one... micro uzi's pretty small.
Aren't those, technically, sub-machine guns.

Prove this to be true.
So what you really meant by this OP is you want someone to prove god exists.
I'll take that as your concession that you know you cannot prove your statement true.
Thank you.

794 posts, no sound responses.

Prove this to be true.
I'll take that as your concession that you know you cannot prove your statement true.
Thank you.

Liar. I proved my point. You simply won't listen. You have your fingers in your ears.

Prove this to be true.
Thank you.
Liar. I proved my point.
You know that this is not true, because you know that the fact that Y follows X in no way proves that X caused Y.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
That is, you know you have proven nothing.

797 posts, no sound responses.

Thank you.
Liar. I proved my point.
You know that this is not true, because you know that the fact that Y follows X in no way proves that X caused Y.

Incorrect. Just as a dead man can't perform any further acts on his own, a machine gun that is not manufactured and sold to the public is a machine gun that can't be used by the public. Ergo, removing a gun eliminates it's use. Ergo proof. A gun that does not exist is a gun that can't be used.

Thank you.
Liar. I proved my point.
Incorrect. Just as a dead man can't perform any further acts on his own, a machine gun that is not manufactured and sold to the public is a machine gun that can't be used by the public. Ergo, removing a gun eliminates it's use. Ergo proof. A gun that does not exist is a gun that can't be used.
It doesn't matter how many times you repeat your lie, it is still a lie. Your statement remains unproven.

Thank you.
Liar. I proved my point.
It doesn't matter how many times you repeat your lie, it is still a lie. Your statement remains unproven.
No you are the one lying. Your argument is that a machine gun that does not exist can be used to commit a crime. You are full of it.

Forum List

Back