Hotel Bosses Are Finally Getting It: People Don't Want To Work For Them Anymore

I've stayed in several. One was $149 a night. Another was $129, which was a real coup because it was during Biketoberfest in Daytona. Last weekend I stayed at the Embassy Suites in St. Augustine Beach, but I had a gift certificate I'd won in a charity auction last year (I bid $180 on it. The room, a two room, two balcony suite, is normally around $569 a night).

I'm planning a trip to Colorado Springs. On Travelocity, the vast majority of hotels are under $150 a night...
Most I paid last summer was 170 a night, that was in St. Petersburg, win the Red Sox In town for the weekend. Usually, closer to $100.

A Super 8 in Portland was $199 a night. I would sleep in my car than sleep there. Lol!

Those robber barons must learn that people will not sacrifice their lives for their gain like it was before.
I just realized why the managers at the hotel I worked at in college discouraged me from going into the hotel business. They probably didn't want me knowing how much they made.

Hampton Inn
Avg. salary:
> Position with highest avg. salary: Chief engineer ($60,278)
> Position with lowest avg. salary: Front office manager ($31,362)

One of the lowest paying companies in America today.

I worked for Hilton but even still. I can't imagine that's a good career to get into. Hotel management.

The years of low pay, nearly no benefits and what they did get were lousy benefits, long hours, no appreciation for their job and knowing that the employer will drop them quick for a cheaper worker has finally caught up to the hotel industry. As it is with a lot of industries in America.

What people don't realize that employers who create working conditions like that harm not just the employee and business but it harms the nation. Standards lower, service is not as good and the list goes on and on.

Workers finally have the opportunity to leave those horrible jobs with horrible pay and working conditions and they are leaving those jobs in droves.

You can't treat people as if you can use them up then throw them away with people putting up with it endlessly.

Hopefully employers are finally waking up to the fact that employees are people and need to be treated with respect and dignity.

Never fear...The Biden Border is here...

Biden is importing millions of replacement low skill illegals to replace these workers...and the best part?...they can't complain about low pay and crappy benefits.

Thanks Joe! For rewarding horrible bosses with virtual slave labor. You're the best!

If we cut off illegal workers, then employers would complain they have to pay too much because "nobody wants to work" and other outright lies.

In regard to pricing...the taxes on hotel rooms haven't helped. You get less for your money now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back