Hottest bass line you ever heard

I've played baritone horn, BB flat bass, baritone sax....This is the greatest bass line I've heard....EVAH!

Prove me wrong.

I also think Roger Waters's bass line for the Pink Floyd song, "Money", is just tremendous. It sets the tone in the beginning of the song, of which some great saxophone playing and wonderful guitar work by David Gilmour are able to work from.

Chris Squire's bass playing on the Yes songs, "Roundabout" and "Long Distance Runaround" is simply amazing. I'd rate him as the third best bassist I've heard, behind only John Entwistle (#1) and Les Claypool (#2) on my list of best rock and roll bass players all-time.

Stu Hamm doing yyz a few weeks ago....
another great coronavirus lockdown achievement from our friend Mike Portnoy. (with Neil gone, maybe the best drummer on the planet now)

He improvised it but that's ok.
I think the other guys were disappointed though.It's important to get the bass parts right on any rush song especially this one.

Last edited:
First I even noticed bass was when the Ventures covered Pipeline; everybody had to play it in gigs for the next couple of years. It was also easy to learn for teenagers, which made it all the more popular. Stevie Ray Vaughn gave it a sort of retro revival a couple of decades or so later.

First I even noticed bass was when the Ventures covered Pipeline; everybody had to play it in gigs for the next couple of years. It was also easy to learn for teenagers, which made it all the more popular. Stevie Ray Vaughn gave it a sort of retro revival a couple of decades or so later.
One of my friends' brothers played bass in a garage band and I guess this was his favorite song to practice, so that was my earliest taste.......guess I was 8 or 9.

Forum List

Back