House Defeats Amendment to Stop NSA Spying on Americans

June 4:
Sad news from Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler: A month after the Washington state Republican announced she is pregnant with her first child, she and her husband discovered the baby is suffering a typically fatal condition. In a Facebook note to constituents about the “sharp turn our journey has taken,” she wrote that the diagnosis is Potter’s Sydrome, a condition in which the kidneys and lungs fail to develop, and the infant generally dies in the womb or within days of birth. A second opinion confirmed the bad news. “There is no medical solution available to us. We are praying for a miracle.” Herrera Beutler, 34, said she should be able to continue to carry out her work in Congress during her pregnancy. Her Facebook page quickly filled with notes of consolation, including from parents who said they had also lost babies to Potter’s Syndrome.

Pregnant congresswoman, Jaime Herrera Beutler, suffers complications

This may have something to do with why Beutler was not present to vote.

Last edited:
This goes to show you that neither party gives a damn. Abandon the two party system and take this country back from this corruption.

No. It just goes to show you that some people, like yourself, can be led around by the nose by the media. Read the bill posted above and tell me whether you would have voted for it and why. Don't assume the media's statement that this bill was a good thing for liberty is true. Learn to read for yourself.

This goes to show you that neither party gives a damn. Abandon the two party system and take this country back from this corruption.

I can't abide that idea.

The marxists worked on taking control of the democrook party before they took control of moscow. The "prog" left is now fully entrenched in the democrook party with their claws in far too many republicrats.

Libertarian oriented people can take back the repuke party, and either drag along the RINOs or they can join their cocktail party "friends" in the party of envy and hate. Eitherway, it will be far easier for us to take control of an established party, that at least panders to us, than to create a new one.

You should be rejoicing, they are now one step closer to suspending the Constitution, which would make the Government illegitimate as it would be revolting AGAINST the People. Then we could Restore the Rule of Law and the Constitution by shooting every last one of them --- legally.

You live in a fantasy all of your own.

Even though I knew it wouldn't pass I'm still angry over this. Today's vote in the House on the Amash amendment to stop NSA spying on Americans demonstrated clearly that Republicans and Democrats hate your civil liberties so why do you keep voting for them?

House rejects effort to curb NSA surveillance powers, 205-217 - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

Here is the roll call vote

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll412.xml

havent you heard?.....if you dont vote for them....you are wasting your vote.....this is what wasting your vote gives ya....

I feel your pain, Dont Taz Me Bro, and I don't care for the idea that there are people mining government data eager to hand over information to spies and loudmouth limes from individuals with a vested interest in destroying America.

They have vested interest in destroying America because we keep going over there and fucking with their business.

We're however, in a war on terror, and when used appropriately, information can prevent, say, another Boston Marathon bombing.

Except it didn't.

Power brokers in Washington have gone nuts by placing a wealth redistributor at the top echelon of power that the Presidency is. That is the enemy of all I know to be the free enterprise system America was patterned to be to free men from Monarchs, who were noted for using information to eliminate rivals to their power.

That seems to me to be what Democrats are centering on--absolute, unopposed, raw power to decimate political rivals.

What does this have to do with the NSA spying? You really think it wasn't going on before Obama and wouldn't have continued had Romney won? The Republicans have no more interest in protecting our civil liberties than the Democrats. The Republicans have a majority in the House and this amendment failed.

You should be rejoicing, they are now one step closer to suspending the Constitution, which would make the Government illegitimate as it would be revolting AGAINST the People. Then we could Restore the Rule of Law and the Constitution by shooting every last one of them --- legally.

You live in a fantasy all of your own.

That's not a fantasy, it's a fucking nightmare.

I wonder if people who flippantly speak of insurrection or revolution can comprehend just how horrific that reality would be.

Even though I knew it wouldn't pass I'm still angry over this. Today's vote in the House on the Amash amendment to stop NSA spying on Americans demonstrated clearly that Republicans and Democrats hate your civil liberties so why do you keep voting for them?

House rejects effort to curb NSA surveillance powers, 205-217 - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

Good question. Of course I haven't voted FOR my Rethug Congressman for the past three elections.

And I did read of a poll that showed 57% of us Americans (highest ever) would remove ALL CONgress critters and replace them with rookies. Or a box of rocks. jk,

That's a good sign imo.

yea right.....until they get in the voting booth....then its the same old shit...

Today's vote in the House on the Amash amendment to stop NSA spying on Americans demonstrated clearly that Republicans and Democrats hate your civil liberties so why do you keep voting for them?

Because third parties are a joke (when they aren't outright nuts) and when they aren't, the laws are rewritten to keep them marginalized at vote time, and the GOP and Dem establishment fight tooth and nail to keep reformers off of the ticket.

they are no more of a joke than the two Parties are now....and as long as the people who cant see beyond their two lovable parties keep that attitude and just keep on voting for the same old shit.....nothing will ever change....

why the heck 12 assholes did not vote?

I am angry at the result, but at least those who voted did show what they stand for.

These 12 assholes who hide behind the "not voting" are the worst:

Barletta
Beatty
Bustos
Campbell
Coble
Herrera Beutler
Horsford
McCarthy (NY)
Negrete McLeod
Pallone
Rokita
Schock

Those are evenly divided - 6 dems and 6 reps

exactly what makes them assholes ?? do you know each ones reason for not voting ?

Spineless wonders. Just lump them in with the 217.

Today's vote in the House on the Amash amendment to stop NSA spying on Americans demonstrated clearly that Republicans and Democrats hate your civil liberties so why do you keep voting for them?

Because third parties are a joke (when they aren't outright nuts) and when they aren't, the laws are rewritten to keep them marginalized at vote time, and the GOP and Dem establishment fight tooth and nail to keep reformers off of the ticket.

they are no more of a joke than the two Parties are now....and as long as the people who cant see beyond their two lovable parties keep that attitude and just keep on voting for the same old shit.....nothing will ever change....

Exactly. If anything is a joke, it's a voting public so enamored by their two parties that they vote against their own best interests every two to four years, then spend four years bitching about how their party lied to them.

111 dems and 94 pubs were heroes. If your rep voted against the amendment, this is enough for you to vote against that rep next year, no ifs ands or buts.

Given the fact the surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional, it’s inaccurate hyperbole to claim republicans and democrats ‘hate’ Americans’ civil liberties.

The amendment was defeated in accordance with the will of the American people, as it was the people who authorized the surveillance programs, expressed by their elected representatives in Congress. And the courts administer the program in accordance with the Constitution and its case law.

It’s naïve, therefore, to ‘blame’ Congress, the president, or the courts.

Any American honest with himself knows exactly where to place the blame.

Not according to FISC rulings. The spying in blanket is "not in the spirit of the law" and a "violation of the fourth amendment to reasonable search and seizure". The NSA is acting criminally and the house just implicated themselves by not stopping them.

jake:

how in the world can you say those who voted for the amendment are heroes....and then thank a post that says the NSA is acting criminally?

forget which sock account you were logged into?

I didn't even know this vote was taking place, I figured for sure my rep would be on the right side.

I'd actually like to read the bill though. Since that complete lunatic Alan Grayson voted in favor of it, there has to be something wrong with it.

What do you think of this bill?

AMENDMENT TO THE RULES COMMITTEE PRINT
OF H.R. 1960

Page 432, after line 21, insert the following:

SEC. 1065. LIMITATION ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS FOR INFORMATION GATHERING ON CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES WHILE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE.
(a) PROHIBITION.—None of the funds authorized to be appropriated or otherwise made available to the Department of Defense for fiscal year 2014 or any succeeding fiscal year may be used to collect any information generated by a citizen of the United States while located in the United States, including telephone records, internet records, and physical location information, without probable cause of a terrorism offense or an offense within the jurisdiction of the Uniform Code of Military Justice related to action or conduct by that citizen.

I would have to agree with RKMBrown, they should have to get a real warrant to gather data on you and citizens shouldn't be subjected to UCMJ.

Regardless it would likely have died in the senate, and the moonbat messiah's minions were lobbying heavily against it. So there's no way he wouldn't have vetoed it.

Do you know who wrote it?

And I did read of a poll that showed 57% of us Americans (highest ever) would remove ALL CONgress critters and replace them with rookies. Or a box of rocks. jk,

That's a good sign imo.

I'd like to see that poll.

Here's the thing about such polls. A majority of Americans, when asked, say they hate Congress with a passion.

But...

When you ask Americans about their specific member of Congress, they love the guy!

So, sure. 57 percent would throw out YOUR guy, but not their own.

Exactly. If anything is a joke, it's a voting public so enamored by their two parties that they vote against their own best interests every two to four years, then spend four years bitching about how their party lied to them.
and will do it all over again the next time.....but i am told i am wasting my vote....

111 dems and 94 pubs were heroes. If your rep voted against the amendment, this is enough for you to vote against that rep next year, no ifs ands or buts.

Given the fact the surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional, it’s inaccurate hyperbole to claim republicans and democrats ‘hate’ Americans’ civil liberties.

The amendment was defeated in accordance with the will of the American people, as it was the people who authorized the surveillance programs, expressed by their elected representatives in Congress. And the courts administer the program in accordance with the Constitution and its case law.

It’s naïve, therefore, to ‘blame’ Congress, the president, or the courts.

Any American honest with himself knows exactly where to place the blame.

Not according to FISC rulings. The spying in blanket is "not in the spirit of the law" and a "violation of the fourth amendment to reasonable search and seizure". The NSA is acting criminally and the house just implicated themselves by not stopping them.

jake:

how in the world can you say those who voted for the amendment are heroes....and then thank a post that says the NSA is acting criminally?

forget which sock account you were logged into?

Comrade Starkiev typically posts under influence of Vodka when he runs out then he drinks BRUT Cologne by Faberge.

Soviet schools taught him that those who tyrannize are "heroes"

Ah. Good. Good news for a change.

Vote on Amash Amendment Reveals Ruse of Two-Party System

Forum List

Back