House Defeats Amendment to Stop NSA Spying on Americans

I didn't even know this vote was taking place, I figured for sure my rep would be on the right side.

I'd actually like to read the bill though. Since that complete lunatic Alan Grayson voted in favor of it, there has to be something wrong with it.

well, he is certainly not more lunatic than pelosi or wasswerman-schultz who voted against it.

Wow, Waterhead-Schultz? She's batshit crazy...

Grayson makes Pillousy look like a beacon of lucidity though, and she's a complete imbecile.

That's a wide range of personalities and political whores that voted in favor and against. I'm not sure how to interpret that. I'll have to call my reps office and get their spin.

What did you think was going to happen? ROFLMAO.

well, if some of the idiots were smart enough, they would vote for it ( I wouldbet some, who voted for it, actually did it exactly based on this calculation) with a safe bet that it won't pass the Senate and even IF, it would be vetoed by obama.

It never stood a chance in hell as long as the sheep continue to trade their freedom for security. But they have more things to be concerned with like Trayvon Martin or the Z man.

[

Given the fact the surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional, it’s inaccurate hyperbole to claim republicans and democrats ‘hate’ Americans’ civil liberties.

Given the fact that the surveillance programs are a bold face unconstitutional usurpation , it is an accurate conclusion that the demopublicans have perpetrated treason against the Constitution and are nothing more than fascist government supremacists bastards.

Even though I knew it wouldn't pass I'm still angry over this. Today's vote in the House on the Amash amendment to stop NSA spying on Americans demonstrated clearly that Republicans and Democrats hate your civil liberties so why do you keep voting for them?

House rejects effort to curb NSA surveillance powers, 205-217 - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

Here is the roll call vote

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll412.xml

111 dems and 94 pubs were heroes. If your rep voted against the amendment, this is enough for you to vote against that rep next year, no ifs ands or buts.

Time for us to encrypt all of our communications and data to a level that the scum bags can't decipher.

If they can't decrypt your email, then your entire account is flagged for observation.

why the heck 12 assholes did not vote?

I am angry at the result, but at least those who voted did show what they stand for.

These 12 assholes who hide behind the "not voting" are the worst:

Barletta
Beatty
Bustos
Campbell
Coble
Herrera Beutler
Horsford
McCarthy (NY)
Negrete McLeod
Pallone
Rokita
Schock

Those are evenly divided - 6 dems and 6 reps

exactly what makes them assholes ?? do you know each ones reason for not voting ?

Not voting is a cheap way of saving political face when your own personal viewpoints are not exactly the views of your constituency. It's a cowardly act for the most part, and reeks of dishonesty.

If you look through the list you will see that rookies voted yes mostly and noes were from the old stinkers( from both sides)

Yeah what a shocker that is huh?

That pattern held for my first-termer. Wasn't enough.

111 dems and 94 pubs were heroes. If your rep voted against the amendment, this is enough for you to vote against that rep next year, no ifs ands or buts.

Time for us to encrypt all of our communications and data to a level that the scum bags can't decipher.

If they can't decrypt your email, then your entire account is flagged for observation.
Screw smtp mail. Screw all of the communications systems that are easily observed. Time to come up with an easy to use secure and anonymous comm system.

Even though I knew it wouldn't pass I'm still angry over this. Today's vote in the House on the Amash amendment to stop NSA spying on Americans demonstrated clearly that Republicans and Democrats hate your civil liberties so why do you keep voting for them?

House rejects effort to curb NSA surveillance powers, 205-217 - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

You should be rejoicing, they are now one step closer to suspending the Constitution, which would make the Government illegitimate as it would be revolting AGAINST the People. Then we could Restore the Rule of Law and the Constitution by shooting every last one of them --- legally.

The Majority of Democrats voted against the law.

In any case..it's a major disappointment.

I feel your pain, Dont Taz Me Bro, and I don't care for the idea that there are people mining government data eager to hand over information to spies and loudmouth limes from individuals with a vested interest in destroying America.

We're however, in a war on terror, and when used appropriately, information can prevent, say, another Boston Marathon bombing. The people who brought that around were benefitting from social welfare, were designated onto lists of undesirables, yet nothing was done to remove them in spite of international warnings from at least two countries with capitols in Europe.

The failure of Homeland Security to detect this was pretty much the same as when things were properly dealt with under another administration. They just got careless, and about the time details are uncovered as to why the laziness of bureaucrats in these agencies going straight to the top, diversions are constructed to take the onus off Obama, as he pretenses indignation of poor Americans and sends the hounds of hell to Florida to incite people to rioting on cue as needed for political gain.

Other conjuring stalemates are criticism of Congress that is trying with might and main to keep spending low in order to ameliorate the reality of printing money that has no backing and spending that in place of traditional constitutional spending that is to be ordered by Congress. With fiscal onus off itself, the executive branch now has the mien of more power than the Constitution bestowed, having sidestepped the American system of any fiscal sanity it once enjoyed.

It's too bad we are losing privacy. With all error known, political power in the United States is limitless to those who keep blacklists of political opponents.

I don't have an answer, except to say wise people know that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Power brokers in Washington have gone nuts by placing a wealth redistributor at the top echelon of power that the Presidency is. That is the enemy of all I know to be the free enterprise system America was patterned to be to free men from Monarchs, who were noted for using information to eliminate rivals to their power.

That seems to me to be what Democrats are centering on--absolute, unopposed, raw power to decimate political rivals.

Last edited:

All one would have to do is improve their vocabulary skills to escape detection. :lmao:

You should be rejoicing, they are now one step closer to suspending the Constitution, which would make the Government illegitimate as it would be revolting AGAINST the People. Then we could Restore the Rule of Law and the Constitution by shooting every last one of them --- legally.

So we can safely assume you're not a professor of logic.

Because that's insane -- legally.

I didn't even know this vote was taking place, I figured for sure my rep would be on the right side.

I'd actually like to read the bill though. Since that complete lunatic Alan Grayson voted in favor of it, there has to be something wrong with it.

What do you think of this bill?

AMENDMENT TO THE RULES COMMITTEE PRINT
OF H.R. 1960

Page 432, after line 21, insert the following:

SEC. 1065. LIMITATION ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS FOR INFORMATION GATHERING ON CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES WHILE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE.
(a) PROHIBITION.—None of the funds authorized to be appropriated or otherwise made available to the Department of Defense for fiscal year 2014 or any succeeding fiscal year may be used to collect any information generated by a citizen of the United States while located in the United States, including telephone records, internet records, and physical location information, without probable cause of a terrorism offense or an offense within the jurisdiction of the Uniform Code of Military Justice related to action or conduct by that citizen.

OF H.R. 1960

SEC. 1065. LIMITATION ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS FOR INFORMATION GATHERING ON CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES WHILE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE.
(a) PROHIBITION.—None of the funds authorized to be appropriated or otherwise made available to the Department of Defense for fiscal year 2014 or any succeeding fiscal year may be used to collect any information generated by a citizen of the United States while located in the United States, including telephone records, internet records, and physical location information, without probable cause of a terrorism offense or an offense within the jurisdiction of the Uniform Code of Military Justice related to action or conduct by that citizen.

I don't like that at all I would have voted against it. Why would I want them to be able to do that solely with probable cause of a terrorism offense or an offense within the jurisdiction of the Uniform Code of Military Justice related to action or conduct by that citizen? That sounds like a HUGE can of worms. Why would I want it to continue through funds running out? Why would I let them do it with other funds? Why located in the US only? Why limit to telephone and internet and location information? I would have said something like:

(a) PROHIBITION.—None of the funds authorized to be appropriated or otherwise made available to any and all government agencies may be used to collect any data and/or data about data generated by a citizen of the United States, without a unique warrant per ___ (whatever the current code is for due process search warrants).

Last edited:

OF H.R. 1960

I would have to agree with RKMBrown, they should have to get a real warrant to gather data on you and citizens shouldn't be subjected to UCMJ.

Regardless it would likely have died in the senate, and the moonbat messiah's minions were lobbying heavily against it. So there's no way he wouldn't have vetoed it.

OF H.R. 1960

I would have to agree with RKMBrown, they should have to get a real warrant to gather data on you and citizens shouldn't be subjected to UCMJ.

Regardless it would likely have died in the senate, and the moonbat messiah's minions were lobbying heavily against it. So there's no way he wouldn't have vetoed it.

Government's best tool to assuage the masses... use double speak to lie about what they are really doing. LIMITATION ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS FOR INFORMATION GATHERING ON CITIZENS ... WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE. In English that means unlimited funds for spying on US citizens for any damn reason they choose.

why the heck 12 assholes did not vote?

I am angry at the result, but at least those who voted did show what they stand for.

These 12 assholes who hide behind the "not voting" are the worst:

Barletta
Beatty
Bustos
Campbell
Coble
Herrera Beutler
Horsford
McCarthy (NY)
Negrete McLeod
Pallone
Rokita
Schock

Those are evenly divided - 6 dems and 6 reps

Of 435 people, it is to be expected a dozen or so will not be present. That's a 2.75% absentee rate.

Here is a Washington State story about the vote. They provide information on how their Congressional delegation voted on the Amash amendment:
Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, R-Wash., was absent, apparently for health reasons.

Forum List

Back