House Passes Dodd-Frank repeal

House votes along party lines to repeal key Dodd-Frank financial reforms
Indeed. That moron Comey has been the focus all day long.

Well they probably deliberately chose today to do it, knowing it'd get ignored. I mean, do these people NEVER learn, or do they actually like having recessions so they can take money off poor people?

You can repeal Dodd-Frank without having a recession risky environment. This act harms credit unions and community banks who I have noticed are having a harder time giving out loans when compared to large national banks.

Personally I would've liked to see the Durbin Amendment eliminated, but the dems are too stupid to realize that it harms their own type of voters... All they see is that it's something the repubs want to do, so they automatically disagree with it.

Well they probably deliberately chose today to do it, knowing it'd get ignored. I mean, do these people NEVER learn, or do they actually like having recessions so they can take money off poor people?

Exactly what I was thinking about this afternoon.. They are letting Trump off the leash to distract so they can pass shit without a mention of it..

Exactly what I was thinking about this afternoon.. They are letting Trump off the leash to distract so they can pass shit without a mention of it..
They are so slick...It's like nobody knew..

Are people retarded here? How is this not in the economy, current events, or congress boards?

The House passed a bill that repeals Dodd-Frank today.

That is certain HUGE news. The Dodd-Frank bill was a heinous action that has devastated both the banking system as well as many a personal life. I know.

I will need to hear what the PBS News Hour has to say about this.

They usually feature pro's and con's with guest speakers on both sides.

If DF is not working then get rid of it. But replace it with something that works.

Otherwise we are just going to be in for yet another bubble with banks that are too big to fail.

Dodd Frank did nothing to make banks more solvent. It simply increased regulation making banking more costly to the consumer.

If DF is not working then get rid of it. But replace it with something that works.

Otherwise we are just going to be in for yet another bubble with banks that are too big to fail.
There should be no such thing as too big to fail. If they can't hack it then they should shut down.

Dodd/Frank is on of the biggest fiasco's ever perpetrated on our economy.

Chriss Dodd and Barney Frank are the two individuals most responsible for the mortgage/housing/financial meltdown. They wrote the regulations for HUD. Then, petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama appointed them, the problem, to write a solution. If that makes any sense to you, you are far drunker than even I could imagine.

PBS: Progressive Broadcasting System

Give it a break.

Forum List

Back